La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I didn't get a chance to see the match yet, but I first checked the scoreline around the 80th minute. I said to myself "you thought we might lose this one" and was disappointed I was right. So I checked the scoreline one more time about fifteen minutes later just to see the final score and just started laughing. This has happened to me more times than I can remember (see Chelsea 09). Of course Messi.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I didn't get a chance to see the match yet, but I first checked the scoreline around the 80th minute. I said to myself "you thought we might lose this one" and was disappointed I was right. So I checked the scoreline one more time about fifteen minutes later just to see the final score and just started laughing. This has happened to me more times than I can remember (see Chelsea 09). Of course Messi.

You didn't witness Iniestas' screamer live? Wow

My friend ruined Messi' goal vs Madrid in the 90th minute last year for me. Still enjoyed it though

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You didn't witness Iniestas' screamer live? Wow

My friend ruined Messi' goal vs Madrid in the 90th minute last year for me. Still enjoyed it though

No I didn't, but I can picture where I was when I read the final scoreline. I was working and checked the score on my phone and I could tell it was done. Continued on with my day. Was heading out of work, and I can literally picture where I was, and checked the score again and was thrilled. Didn't really take any of the enjoyment out of it for me and it's probably a little story I'll never forget.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sevilla rocked by Celta... So, much for the consistent Banega/Sevilla. This is what I was implying when I said there's 2 Sevilla's one at home and the other away. I don't think they have a slight chance in Munich. They lost that tie the second they blew their lead.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Sevilla rocked by Celta... So, much for the consistent Banega/Sevilla. This is what I was implying when I said there's 2 Sevilla's one at home and the other away. I don't think they have a slight chance in Munich. They lost that tie the second they blew their lead.

Celta is better than Bayern though tbh

I don't think Sevilla have been that great at home either or as good as some past Sevilla teams. Their goal differential is really poor for where they are in the table. Even at home it's not that great.

Reactions: All Might

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't get to see the match and can't find a replay as of yet. Looking at the highlights though it looks as though we could have had six goals. Suarez looked really hungry. Coutinho played a nice ball to Messi for his second and had another nice through ball to him (though Messi was offside), so hopefully they are forging a connection that we'll see the benefits of next year. Messi with another excellent free kick for his first. No numbers in front of me and I'm going off the top of my head, but he seems to be putting more free kicks of late. Messi's third looked like a handball from one angle, but from a better angle less so. Still tough to tell from the highlights I saw.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Speaking of Sevilla, crosstown rivals Betis have now won four on the trot and are in the top Europa League spot. What's more they've only let in one goal in those four matches. Looks like Bartra's arrival has been quite helpful. In fact they've won seven of the ten matches he's played in with the only losses being against Madrid and Valencia. They won't catch Valencia, but it'll be interesting to see how they'll do next season if they can keep Ruiz and reinforce the squad.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Speaking of Sevilla, crosstown rivals Betis have now won four on the trot and are in the top Europa League spot. What's more they've only let in one goal in those four matches. Looks like Bartra's arrival has been quite helpful. In fact they've won seven of the ten matches he's played in with the only losses being against Madrid and Valencia. They won't catch Valencia, but it'll be interesting to see how they'll do next season if they can keep Ruiz and reinforce the squad.

Bartra is GOAT why did both of our clubs let him go

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Bartra is GOAT why did both of our clubs let him go

Your club did good by him in letting him go home. My club's manager f***ed up. The players we've lost do to managers' decisions... and the crazy thing is these managers won trophies despite losing these players. Anyway, with us it helped him though because he was never going to feature as much until it was too late in his career. Still love the homegrown players as squad players and I always thought Bartra could be our third choice CB.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Your club did good by him in letting him go home. My club's manager ****ed up. The players we've lost do to managers' decisions... and the crazy thing is these managers won trophies despite losing these players. Anyway, with us it helped him though because he was never going to feature as much until it was too late in his career. Still love the homegrown players as squad players and I always thought Bartra could be our third choice CB.

Maybe he'll make his way back to Barca after Betis. I hope so at least.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Insane how can a lineman get an offside call this wrong when it's a footway from him. Sad stuff really.Surprised Simeone didn't lash out on him .

Didn't get to see the match and can't find a replay as of yet. Looking at the highlights though it looks as though we could have had six goals. Suarez looked really hungry. Coutinho played a nice ball to Messi for his second and had another nice through ball to him (though Messi was offside), so hopefully they are forging a connection that we'll see the benefits of next year. Messi with another excellent free kick for his first. No numbers in front of me and I'm going off the top of my head, but he seems to be putting more free kicks of late. Messi's third looked like a handball from one angle, but from a better angle less so. Still tough to tell from the highlights I saw.

I missed the game as well... still pissed Messi started and played the whole game.

Wonder who thought this might be the case prior to his move. Betis are boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad