La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I hope Benz gets called up to the NT. Guy is so uninspired this year. Just straight up abysmal.

Yes and no.
He was struggling in the early part of the season, when everyone was playing off-form (or injured) aside from maybe 3-4 players (Asensio, Modric, Varane,..) but he's been coming to his best "Real Benzema" form.

And to be clear, maybe people don't watch the games, just see the misses and the highlights, hear about the boos from your average football fan (your average football fan knows jack about football btw), but Benzema does what he is supposed to do better than any other footballer I could see doing it in his position. (again, when on form, which he - and Real - clearly weren't before January)

From an out-and-out striker, a goalscorer and predator, he's turned into a team player, fantastic defensively and one of the world's premier build-up and link-up forwards, and most importantly, a Ronaldo-enabler.
There is a reason why Benz is a fixture in the starting 11 of a side that's won 3 CLs in the last 4 years.

Off form Benz is, yes, terrible. Most players off-form are.
On form Benz, however, is a special player, fits Real like a glove, but he'll never get recognition.

Scandale du Jour said:
Subbing off CR7? Wut?

Rested for the Juve game. Real have nothing to play for in La Liga.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes Benz is an incredible player for Real.
For the NT however, he acts as if he's Ronaldo and everyone should play for him.
Which results in him being on his couch and the NT being better off without him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Interesting matchup today. I think Betis win despite playing away, but Girona are not pushovers at home. Another win for Betis would mean five in a row making them one of the top two most in form sides in the league.

EDIT: changed "now" to "not"...

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Girona are beasts at home and betis away form is better than their home form.

I think betis take it because they are the better team plus bartra.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This team, roster wise has no business winning the league let alone team invincibles. Valverde is one of the bigger reasons why. Yeah, the meltdown in Rome was insanity and I didn't see the game but this team needs new blood.

It's been a great year in relation despite context of falling out in CL.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
The longer this season goes on, the more boring football we seem to play. It's unwatchable at times really. Yes the results are very good and I'm really happy we're going to win the Liga.. but next season things will have to change.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This team, roster wise has no business winning the league let alone team invincibles. Valverde is one of the bigger reasons why. Yeah, the meltdown in Rome was insanity and I didn't see the game but this team needs new blood.

It's been a great year in relation despite context of falling out in CL.

To say the team has no business winning the league is utter nonsense. The team should be winning the league, though I won't say we should be undefeated. Valverde's arrival has helped on the defensive end, but he's far too conservative. I haven't seen the match against Roma either, but there's no way we should have gone out like that. A better manager and one who actually understands how the club should be playing would realize that.

Yeah, new blood in the form of a new manager. We need a CM too, but after that it's more about backups.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To say the team has no business winning the league is utter nonsense. The team should be winning the league, though I won't say we should be undefeated. Valverde's arrival has helped on the defensive end, but he's far too conservative. I haven't seen the match against Roma either, but there's no way we should have gone out like that. A better manager and one who actually understands how the club should be playing would realize that.

Yeah, new blood in the form of a new manager. We need a CM too, but after that it's more about backups.

I mean no business in wing with the players they have in relation to Madrids... I mean did anyone believe barca would win late into the summer with the transfer debacle and the thrashing Madrid handed them? Yet here we are on route with a domestic double... Roma is a complete failure but one game doesn't get you fired. At least it shouldn't.

I mean the CL campaign rested on Messi doing all the scoring and OG pitching every now and then. How long was that going to last? Roma scored more goals than barca in that 4-1 win. They scored more than Suarez has in 12 months for barca just that game. I hate to pick on him considering we had a 4-1 lead but they were never going to win if he didn't get his shit together in the CL.

I agree abut the CM/back ups I'd add a 9 to that list too. Being more proactive should be barca's aim this window.

Coutinho coming in full time help in that it gives Iniesta a reduced role I'd add another though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean no business in wing with the players they have in relation to Madrids... I mean did anyone believe barca would win late into the summer with the transfer debacle and the thrashing Madrid handed them? Yet here we are on route with a domestic double... Roma is a complete failure but one game doesn't get you fired. At least it shouldn't.

I mean the CL campaign rested on Messi doing all the scoring and OG pitching every now and then. How long was that going to last? Roma scored more goals than barca in that 4-1 win. They scored more than Suarez has in 12 months for barca just that game. I hate to pick on him considering we had a 4-1 lead but they were never going to win if he didn't get his **** together in the CL.

I agree abut the CM/back ups I'd add a 9 to that list too. Being more proactive should be barca's aim this window.

Coutinho coming in full time help in that it gives Iniesta a reduced role I'd add another though.

I know what you meant and it's utter nonsense. Quite frankly that's an embarrassing statement. Not even going to bother reading the rest.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I can’t believe Deportivo have managed 2 wins in a row. Although I’m sure that will come to an end next game against Sevilla, we also have Barca and Valencia and the one that will hurt the most Celta away. So yeah we’re still being relegated..... : (

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't get the full match just yet, but saw the extended highlights. Nice assist from Coutinho to Suarez and somewhat quietly Coutinho has put up good numbers. Ter Stegen made an excellent save after he made a poor clearance. He also nearly saved that penalty. As for Valverde, I get making the sub to waste time, but I'm sure Semedo isn't chuffed with being brought on for a matter of seconds.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Iniesta to announce his decision after the Copa final. If that's actually the case, I think he's gone. Otherwise, there's nothing to announce. Hope I'm wrong he still a class player when his usage is limited. This is gonna hurt like a motherf***er.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Yeah too bad. They're not that far behind Levante but the rest of their schedule is brutal.

I appreciate the support for Depor. The schedule is really bad and Levante face Celta last game, so if we need help in that last match day we ain't getting it lol...but oh well we put ourselves in this hole. It's been brutal football for like 90% of the season. Lot of heart breakers. I wouldn't be that mad if we go down and just build up with Seedorf as something seems to be working. Perhaps players are buying into the system. Then come back and be at least mid table team like what's happened to Newcastle with Benitez.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
2018%2f4%2fBartraWWO.png

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well I was wrong Bartra solved all their problems. Pisses me off he was let go and jerked around then sent to the wolves after an injury and not playing all year by playing him against Madrid/Munich sealed his fate as a barca player. Kid can play.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wow B team starting at Celta minus MAtS. Ballys move by coward Valverde. If this ruins team invincibles argh.

Sidenote, not a single La Masia player(suarez is .5) embarrassing stuff really.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'll actually give Valverde a pass here. Copa Final is on Saturday, which is f***ing ridiculous, and so we'll need everyone rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad