La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure who locked the last thread but no one bothered to make another?:laugh:

The ref committee which I can only assume is run by blind monkeys has filed complaints against Pique as well as Villarreal's president. Again I can only assume they're mad because they were shown how incompetent they are.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure who locked the last thread but no one bothered to make another?:laugh:

The ref committee which I can only assume is run by blind monkeys has filed complaints against Pique as well as Villarreal's president. Again I can only assume they're mad because they were shown how incompetent they are.

Villarreal's coach has also been suspended for 2 games because of his protests of that ridiculous penalty call.

Look, both Barcelona and Madrid get away with a lot of calls, They generate the league a ******** of money and make everybody richer in the league... BUT, what Piqué has brought out in his tweets deserves a look. And why the **** are teams in Spain giving gift bags to refs anyway??? ****ing conflict of interest much???

The normal protocol in Spain is for the home team to give "gifts" to the referee crew, however, in this instance REAL MADRID was the away team and still walked out of there with baggies.

Spain is a joke.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Apparently Madrid does this all the time, that's what they said when asked about this.

Still think Villareal could have played much better with the 2-0 lead but refs gifted Madrid the path to a comeback that may give them the league, it's a joke honestly

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Look, both Barcelona and Madrid get away with a lot of calls

Well that would depend on what your definition of "a lot of calls" is and if you're referring to calls in general (legitimate or not) or just bad calls in their favor. There's no comparison here. Barça don't get the calls that Madrid do. That's not to mention the calls that other clubs in the league get when they're playing Barça. That's not to say that Barça never get calls they shouldn't, but it's nothing like what Madrid get and not more than all the other clubs in Spain as is sometimes wrongly perpetuated.

BUT, what Piqué has brought out in his tweets deserves a look.

Of course it does. He's right too. It clearly won't get a look and now clearly hasn't. The refs committee has, once again, closed ranks on their ****** refs. And the table would look a lot different, with Madrid not even in first place, match in hand or not.

And why the **** are teams in Spain giving gift bags to refs anyway???

Exactly. What a ridiculous practice. I've never heard of it before. Maybe Barça need to put more swag in the bag.

The normal protocol in Spain is for the home team to give "gifts" to the referee crew, however, in this instance REAL MADRID was the away team and still walked out of there with baggies.

Well that's the part that I found odd based on what I read. Madrid being the away team. The crazy thing was there was a photo of the ref, talking to reporters, carrying his Madrid swag bag! On top of that, it wasn't the keychains, etc that are the supposed norm. Clearly a Madrid jersey, and Lord only knows if it was signed by the team, in the bag. It looked like the guy went shopping at the Real Madrid club shop, yet again he was at de la Ceramica.

Spain is a joke.

Yep. Thing is this is nothing new. This has been going on for decades. And let's not forget the whole transfer ban nonsense as well.

Apparently Madrid does this all the time, that's what they said when asked about this.

Still think Villareal could have played much better with the 2-0 lead but refs gifted Madrid the path to a comeback that may give them the league, it's a joke honestly

Well apparently other clubs do it as well. Again, I hadn't heard of it, but also this is Madrid playing away.

Yeah, and it's nothing new.

Lol Bruno from Villareal obliterated Piqué in a press conference when told about Pique's latest whiny tweet

So you're saying Bruno is an idiot then. Question is who is the bigger idiot, Bruno or Ramos?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
BeIN reports the Enrique will step down at the end of the season

Real Madrid should have scored 4-5 goals already against Las Palmas but to be fair, Las Palmas have been creating chances as well, very open game

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Gareth Bale :biglaugh:

Morata looked onside from that free kick, though.

Ramos' arms looked tucked into his body. Not sure about the call, but Las Palmas lead.

Haha this is amazing! Navas came out to challenge and loses out. Madrid have lost it.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
huge error by Navas and Boateng finishes it...3:1. Also, Real players losing their cool after every foul

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Las Palmas kicking themselves now for all those Jese chances, they might even lose this game now

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Bale! :biglaugh:

Luis Enrique leaving is not surprising, good for him to relax and enjoy his life. Barça need a new coach who can get Neymar scoring goals and playing better defensively. Ter Stegen has been ****ing BOMB all season though. One of the best goalies I've seen in Barça net.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You've always played bad under zizo... It's just starting to catch up with y'all. Should be 3 straight losses but you managed to grab 4 points. Count your blessings.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Barca probably won't have CL to deal with and their fixtures are reasonable, the go to Real Madrid end of April and host Sevilla next month. Their toughest away trip besides the Bernebeu is probably Malaga where they traditionally struggle

Real still have to play both Barca and Atleti, both at home however, they still go to Bilbao as well. Eibar this weekend could be tricky too, especially preceding the 2nd leg in Napoli

Even Sevilla is still in this, however they probably have the toughest fixtures, still have to go to Barca/Atleti + Valencia who are improving in the 2nd half of the season

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I'm fine with a change as it'll have been three years and something needs to change, but if the team can do another Double then Lucho will be leaving with an incredible record. On top of that there aren't many managers out there I'd be interested in. The squad needs an overhaul as well.

Spent 10 days on vacation and find out Barca is back in 1st place

Good ****

Well despite some of the sentiment here, the league very clearly was never over. The reason being that Madrid weren't playing that great despite their results. Of course Madridistas couldn't see it unlike we Cules when assessing Barça's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad