La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
2-3 months ago ronaldo looked terrible and surely on decline. Now he's 1st in golden boot race at 33.

He's playing the same way he has been the past 2/3 years... a bonafide poacher. A lethal one at that but hardly impactful anywhere else on the pitch. I have my doubts that he can win the boot considering how consistent Messi has been in the league. 6 goals is a fair margin. He won't have enough games in the CL to cover the spread.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's playing the same way he has been the past 2/3 years... a bonafide poacher. A lethal one at that but hardly impactful anywhere else on the pitch. I have my doubts that he can win the boot considering how consistent Messi has been in the league. 6 goals is a fair margin. He won't have enough games in the CL to cover the spread.
They'll play 1 less game than Barca at worst from that competition most likely.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013

Man you're like a broken trainwreck.

Ronaldo today for example was much more than a simple poacher. The hatred against him is honestly laughable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Man you're like a broken trainwreck.

Ronaldo today for example was much more than a simple poacher. The hatred against him is honestly laughable.

What the f*** is a broken train wreck? LOL

Today for example I didn't watch the match. His body of work the last 3 years is pretty obvious what kind of player he's devolved into. I mean its only natural for his body to decline and he has to reinvent himself.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Are you talking about total goals in all competitions? Cause something's off there.

This season:

Cristiano Ronaldo - 37 goals in 35 games (1.06)
Lionel Messi - 35 goals in 43 games (0.81)

As for La Liga, Messi has 25 goals (28 games), Ronaldo has 22 (23 games).

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Every time Ronaldo looks on the decline he still turns it around. His work ethic and consistency has to be admired. The number of goals he still manages at this point is pretty unreal regardless of whether you consider him a pure poacher or not.

Like I don't understand how people can throw a million superlatives at Salah then turn around and try to disparage Ronaldo. Their roles are not dissimilar; though Salah is much more likable for some.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No way Ronaldo wins the GB since Portugal probably won't do anything in the WC.
He can still score plenty without that. It's not like anyone but Muller snd Hamrz have insane scoring record at World Cup ATM.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
"Noticias falsas!" Ronaldo taking a page out of Trump's book. Curious there's no thread about this. Oh yeah, I forgot where I was.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Man what a finish between Athletic and Celta. Vigo tie it up in the 92 minute then hit the bar...Bilbao go the other way and are stop by a last ditch tackle. Celta manage one last attack in which they could've had a penalty but scored a disallowed offside goal.

Bilbao have no one but themselves to blame for not taking all 3 points. Invited pressure and just allowed Celta to play their beautiful passing game the last 10 minutes. Even when Adruiz was subbed on. They deserved better but their manager sucks.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Credit Sevilla for this game, might be their best of the season

For Barça, the Paulinho/Rakitic/Iniesta midfield has been non-existant today. Priority for next summer should be a CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad