Rumor: Kypreos - Pacioretty and LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I really don’t want to argue with fans over which sources is right and which one isn’t. We could argue for days whether it makes sense to trade Vilardi + for Pacioretty.

After seeing what Nash brought back, I can’t wait to see what we get for Pacioretty, whether it’s from the Blues, LA, Florida or any other team.

Truth is, every fan base will say they don’t want to trade their prospects but as soon as the trade is done, they change their mind and are happy that they got a solid 2-way, 30+ goal scorer. It happens everytime. The one team that will acquire Pacioretty won’t regret it. He’s a very, very good player.
Nash brought a late first. A guy who underachieves. A guy buried in the minors. A college prospect.

I think there is shift in the NHL going on. Top prospects and lottery picks are premium cost controlled assets. Even Pitt didn’t give up much to acquire Brassard.
Cup contenders may give up a late first for an edge but bubble playoff teams may think twice about mortgaging their future. A desperate GM looking to keep his job may overpay in youth if you are lucky.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Iaffalo is not a first line winger . I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dealt tomorrow for a winger after we got Reider , who also is a speedy winger .

Not a chance. He's 24, he is signed for under $1 million, he's a first year pro playing on the 1st line a majority of the season (and a big part of the Brown and Kopitar resurgence) and the Kings control his contract destiny for a least 3 more years. Why in the world would they move him? Terrible.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
in fact there are at least 2 on record here that will not be following the kings until luc and rob are fired if they do

What does Drew Doughty say? Doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. So it's a fine line. Kings are on the outside, but close to the playoffs. Carter will help. But might not be enough. Pacioretty will score a lot with Kopitar, Brown. He's s shooter on a line with two guys who control the puck well. 70's line is a 2nd line. Kempe-Iafollo-Reider is a 3rd line. The 4th are your character/PK guys. Pacioretty is a perfect fit. He is not a UFA, like Lucic, etc., players who walked. Vilardi is a stretch to be pro ready next year. Is that the player you bank Doughty's future on? I say Robitaille has a lot of pressure.

You can't ask for Vilardi and a '18 first. One or the other. If it's the first add Clague, Amadio, if it's Vilardi take a conditional '19 pick. Something for everyone.

Reactions: Price is Wright

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
What does Drew Doughty say? Doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. So it's a fine line. Kings are on the outside, but close to the playoffs. Carter will help. But might not be enough. Pacioretty will score a lot with Kopitar, Brown. He's s shooter on a line with two guys who control the puck well. 70's line is a 2nd line. Kempe-Iafollo-Reider is a 3rd line. The 4th are your character/PK guys. Pacioretty is a perfect fit. He is not a UFA, like Lucic, etc., players who walked. Vilardi is a stretch to be pro ready next year. Is that the player you bank Doughty's future on? I say Robitaille has a lot of pressure.

You can't ask for Vilardi and a '18 first. One or the other. If it's the first add Clague, Amadio, if it's Vilardi take a conditional '19 pick. Something for everyone.
We HOPE he would produce with Kopitar. No guarantee there. Does LA/STL/FLA risk a guy that could be cost controlled and a special talent for a year and 20 games of an aging depreciating asset?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

Drew has been quoted several times this year as to the fact hes having fun again and very much wants to resign in Los Angeles As good as you make patches sound ( i personally don't think he would fit that well in la). I will take my chances with a young center who is almost at a 2 ppg average 23 games 43 points.

I would offer at most Amadio Gravel Clifford and a conditional 1st 2020 based on the kings making the playoffs 2020 and Patches resigning if not a 2nd This probably wouldn't be enough for u but its the best and probably more then my fellow king fans would offer

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
We HOPE he would produce with Kopitar. No guarantee there. Does LA/STL/FLA risk a guy that could be cost controlled and a special talent for a year and 20 games of an aging depreciating asset?

Depreciating because the Habs are a mess. But the best pure goal scorer available , for 100 games, plus playoffs. I have watched the Kings. Plugging away. Pacman fills a need, gets players in the right roles. Probably gets them to 2nd in the division.

member 88115

If you would of traded Klye Connor last year, your would of missed out on a young rising star. That is the same reason LA does not trading Vilardi for 1.3 years of Max. I'm sure Doughty want to resign with LA and wants them to have the young players to fill holes like Vilardi, Clague and JAD two + seasons from now. How bright can the future we traded them away?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Kings fans don't want him. Their loss. Next.

Patches pots goals, plays great D and is big and fast. He is not the grittiest guy, but he is competitive & hits and uses his body well. He is on a great contract and is looking for a change. Some team is going to pay up for him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If you would of traded Klye Connor last year, your would of missed out on a young rising star. That is the same reason LA does not trading Vilardi for 1.3 years of Max. I'm sure Doughty want to resign with LA and wants them to have the young players to fill holes like Vilardi, Clague and JAD two + seasons from now. How bright can the future we traded them away?

The Jets have never won a playoff game. Let alone a Stanley Cup. So the expectations/comparisons would be different.

Doughty said he wants to win, wherever. He is a winner. Lots of winners are at the core of the team. Kempe, Iafollo are good young players. Kempe impresses me every time. You do need to add youth to the core. But the Carter injury put the Kings in a precarious situation. It's an aging core, and i wonder how being on the outside would sit for fans and players alike. I honestly think from what I've seen that a healthy roster, with Pacioretty scoring with those two workhorses on the top line would carry the Kings to win the divisional playoff. So it's a tough spot. Holding on to Vilardi makes sense, I understand. But then you have to give something, to get something. The extra year of contract for Pacioretty at a good AAV is worth a lot to a team trying to win, sooner than later. If the Kings miss out on the playoffs, does it become time to take it apart? Ducks have a good prospect pool, too, younger teams are gunning next year. Like I say Robitaille is in a tough spot.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Look, I like Vilardi, Thomas and Borgstrom a lot but they’re not special talent.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Barzal, Eichel, Laine, Matthews.. These are special talents.

Also, let’s no act like Pacioretty is 38 and trending down. He’s 29 and has not showed any sign of slowing down so far.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

If you don't think a 60 point center will help, then why would Patches?

And if you don't think a 60 point center will help, I don't want to see any more proposals trying to get Vilardi, because Cs don't matter.

member 88115

The Jets have never won a playoff game. Let alone a Stanley Cup. So the expectations/comparisons would be different.

Doughty said he wants to win, wherever. He is a winner. Lots of winners are at the core of the team. Kempe, Iafollo are good young players. Kempe impresses me every time. You do need to add youth to the core. But the Carter injury put the Kings in a precarious situation. It's an aging core, and i wonder how being on the outside would sit for fans and players alike. I honestly think from what I've seen that a healthy roster, with Pacioretty scoring with those two workhorses on the top line would carry the Kings to win the divisional playoff. So it's a tough spot. Holding on to Vilardi makes sense, I understand. But then you have to give something, to get something. The extra year of contract for Pacioretty at a good AAV is worth a lot to a team trying to win, sooner than later. If the Kings miss out on the playoffs, does it become time to take it apart? Ducks have a good prospect pool, too, younger teams are gunning next year. Like I say Robitaille is in a tough spot.
Since winning the cup in 2014 we have one playoff win. We are a bubble team and already have the experience of trading future assets for short term gain and Max fits that category. LA needs a retool and Blake is doing a wonderful job. Doughty recently said he does not want to be a part of a rebuild, which are not. Blake is bringing those young players and he himself we are not going in for quick fixes. On top, Max has struggled this year and the last thing we need is for a struggling team to pick up a player with the same dilemma.

Reactions: KingTrouty

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hey you, get your damn hands off Vilardi!

georgemcfly.jpg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If you don't think a 60 point center will help, then why would Patches?

And if you don't think a 60 point center will help, I don't want to see any more proposals trying to get Vilardi, because Cs don't matter.

Pacioretty is potentially a 40 goal scorer with Kopitar-Brown. Best pure shooter abailable, I'll repeat. Those two players are nowhere close to the linemates of Danault and Andrew Shaw he rode shotgun, as well as a struggling Drouin at centre. Carter is a huge upgrade on Mitchell as a 2nd line centre. For you. That's enough for a playoff run. Goals are again a problem for the Kings. How many goals are you projecting next year out of a 19 year old Vilardi? As you try to re-sign Doughty?

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Doubt it. They don't have a first and not a center to move. The 2 things Habs want

I want a C more than a first, we have a lottery pick and 4 2nd rounders so far, with Price and Weber we aren't really in rebuild mode just our GM hasn't found a Top 6 C in 6 years

Max is about the last trade chip we have to get one so he will (should) hold out until he gets a shot at one even if it's this time next year

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
LA has 2 great centres and would be fine losing Vilardi but they don't want to do that and thats their business. Makes perfect sense that LA is looking to the future and for them had a rare top pick they used on a centre and want to keep the guy.

Dont see us as good trading partners.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Special talents because all, with exception of Barzal, were top 3 picks for a reason.

I think Vilardi gets more attention now than Barzal ever got. Now it just remains to be seen if he will ever reach this level.

Point is, you compare top picks and proven players with a junior player. Nobody, with exception of homers, can say you are wrong.

Then why give them the special talent tag if we're going to give it out to everyone who's having success at Junior level? If that's the case, let's just give every Center at Junior level who's having more than 1.5 points per game the special talent tag.

Let's be honest here, we're talking about them being the top C prospects in the league because all the elite talents at C that were drafted in the same years as them are already playing in the show.

I like Thomas, Vilardi and Borgstrom (We can easily include Necas and Poehling as well) but let be honest here, they don't have the potential to be clear cut #1 C in this league. My guess is 2/5 will become legit top 6 C, two will become legit #3 C and one will bust.

Although I can understand why fans of those teams would be reluctant to let go of their C prospects, I find it funny that they act as if they had a winning lottery ticket in their hands. <--- That was mostly directed to Blues fans who acted like assholes in the past month, it's been fun seeing your team go downhill lately, especially after you guys started to muck Habs fan on almost every non-Pacioretty thread with Thomas and all the shit you guys said to Hawks fans on twitter. Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad