Rumor: Kypreos - Pacioretty and LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Seems pedantic, but since we're splitting hairs, my official take is that "it's all but literally impossible that Vilardi is moved to MTL."
That's acceptable because while very slim there's still a possibility and don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing on the slim part. I was just disagreeing on the NO part.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He's gotta be high up with Vilardi on the 'can't move' scale. He's performed admirably in Carter's absence at C though he's more likely to end up on the wing. His skating is rare. I'd imagine Pearson is more available than him (and that Kempe would replace Pearson) if it came down to moving a roster player especially given his age and cost control.

I was just thinking that if Vilardi is a no go and LA and the Habs were still talking, that from our perspective a C must be up for discussion. Kempe is the only possibilty.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Next Year LA could look like this:

Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Kempe Amadio Vilardi*
Rieder Thompson Lewis
Andreoff/Clifford/Brodzinski

Doughty Muzzin
Amart Phanuef
Clague* LaDue
Forbort

Quick
Campbell

Even standing pat at the deadline now and at the draft, it isn’t bad.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's acceptable because while very slim there's still a possibility and don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing on the slim part. I was just disagreeing on the NO part.

That's sort of the same clause as "Even Gretzky was traded."

Like I don't really disagree with you, I just think others are downplaying it a lot more to suggest he's fully available.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
So they will trade only older players (31+) for patches? Well, I suppose if the habs are doing the trade for the sole purpose of making the Kings better... Not that I wouldn't put that beneath MB...

The Kings have no reason to trade the little youth they have for a guy like Patches. He’ll get a decent return I’m sure, doubt it’s from LA though

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was just thinking that if Vilardi is a no go and LA and the Habs were still talking, that from our perspective a C must be up for discussion. Kempe is the only possibilty.

I don't think MTL is out of line for asking for Cs, but I do think we make bad trading partners for that reason too, our situations really aren't all that different, at least in terms of wanting to acquire futures.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I feel like Gravel and Dowd will be the return, and until someone can show me specifically that Bergevin has said he doesn't want either player, I'm putting that in stone.

We dont have dowd anymore but you obviously meant a three way trade. Ah theres nothing like a good three way

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think MTL is out of line for asking for Cs, but I do think we make bad trading partners for that reason too, our situations really aren't all that different, at least in terms of wanting to acquire futures.

Kopitar.

Carter.

No my friend. Our situations are very different.

But sure, your team is looking out a couple of years at its C situation, which is the wise thing to do.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We dont have dowd anymore but you obviously meant a three way trade. Ah theres nothing like a good three way
This has been my suspicion from the get go, Pearson or Toffoli going to the mystery team with Patches coming to LA and MTL acquiring youth and picks...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If i was a habs fan gunning for that true no1 center prospect i dont know that kempe is the answer.

I dont see him as a true number one. The playmaking and skill set is not quite there for that. I think he is like a better version of our own Danault.

We are desperate. Though apparently not enough to try Galchenyuk at centre.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I dont see him as a true number one. The playmaking and skill set is not quite there for that. I think he is like a better version of our own Danault.

We are desperate. Though apparently not enough to try Galchenyuk at centre.

Wait I thought Galchenyuk is a center though? So they are playing a winger in Drouin at center but playing a center in Gally on the wing?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Next Year LA could look like this:

Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Kempe Amadio Vilardi*
Rieder Thompson Lewis
Andreoff/Clifford/Brodzinski

Doughty Muzzin
Amart Phanuef
Clague* LaDue
Forbort

Quick
Campbell

Even standing pat at the deadline now and at the draft, it isn’t bad.

Iaffalo is not a first line winger . I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dealt tomorrow for a winger after we got Reider , who also is a speedy winger .

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Wait I thought Galchenyuk is a center though? So they are playing a winger in Drouin at center but playing a center in Gally on the wing?

Ha ha ha ha.

Thats our reaction for the most part.

Galchenyuk is not strong defensively, though neither is Drouin. In the 45-50 games he was played at centre he was close to PPG. He also scored a lot of goals.

In our organization a weak defensive player who could hit 70 plus points is not a centre, a strong defensive player who can get 40 points is.

Im glad I dont have the Sens owner and GM, but thats about it.

Reactions: schnapshot

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yup pretty much.

They prefer having Galchenyuk and Drouin put up 40-45 pts rather than the both of them putting up north of 60 pts a season because it could potentially result in a few goals here and there going the other way. I mean, it's not like MTL supposedly has (or had really) the best G in the league to deal with that.

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Iaffalo is not a first line winger . I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dealt tomorrow for a winger after we got Reider , who also is a speedy winger .
I think he could be if he finds a scoring touch. Reminds me of Williams. Works well with Kopi. Or you can move up Kempe and put AI with Amadio. Pac would fit that slot, so would Tatar, or Vanek. I just don’t think LA needs to acquire that winger when Valardi is likely coming in. Sounds like he is more suited as a winger anyway.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I really don’t want to argue with fans over which sources is right and which one isn’t. We could argue for days whether it makes sense to trade Vilardi + for Pacioretty.

After seeing what Nash brought back, I can’t wait to see what we get for Pacioretty, whether it’s from the Blues, LA, Florida or any other team.

Truth is, every fan base will say they don’t want to trade their prospects but as soon as the trade is done, they change their mind and are happy that they got a solid 2-way, 30+ goal scorer. It happens everytime. The one team that will acquire Pacioretty won’t regret it. He’s a very, very good player.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I really don’t want to argue with fans over which sources is right and which one isn’t. We could argue for days whether it makes sense to trade Vilardi + for Pacioretty.

After seeing what Nash brought back, I can’t wait to see what we get for Pacioretty, whether it’s from the Blues, LA, Florida or any other team.

Truth is, every fan base will say they don’t want to trade their prospects but as soon as the trade is done, they change their mind and are happy that they got a solid 2-way, 30+ goal scorer. It happens everytime. The one team that will acquire Pacioretty won’t regret it. He’s a very, very good player.

I don't think you would find one King fan that would be happy if the moved Vilardi! He is the 2nd coming of Kopitar in most fans eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad