Rumor: Kypreos - Pacioretty and LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
He says they believe the Canadiens have asked for Pearson and Toffoli, which may not get it done, but at least a 1st round pick and perhaps Gabriel Vilardi might be the piece to get the deal done.

Interesting. Obviously it's just rumblings, but if Patches fetched Vilardi 1:1, or better Vilardi + --- this board will implode.

If I had a dollar for everytime I read "Patches will never fetch Vilardi" I could have bought the Carolina Hurricanes by now; could be fun.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
bargainbin will end up with kyle clifford and a 2nd for pacioretty.

To be honest, unless Vilardi is coming back, a trade with LA likely ends up in the Habs drawing the short stick short of a huge, gross overpayment by the Kings.

Pearson or T.T + 1st feels underwhelming, but if we got Pearson and T.T as an example, we make out like bandits.

I don't think Max gets moved, but if he does, the return will leave us loving Bergevin for a moment, or our brains all imploding that he was allowed to move 2/3 of our best assets and lost both times.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Prospects are so overvalued on this site it's scary. Pacioretty is on an absolute sweetheart contract, is almost a lock for 35 + 30 yet he won't fetch a prospect who's only got a chance at becoming a 1st line centre, most likely a 2nd line centre? Especially for a team like LA who should be going all in considering they got Doughty for the next year at least and they might as well try to make something out of these next 2 playoff runs.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
To be honest, unless Vilardi is coming back, a trade with LA likely ends up in the Habs drawing the short stick short of a huge, gross overpayment by the Kings.

Pearson or T.T + 1st feels underwhelming, but if we got Pearson and T.T as an example, we make out like bandits.

I don't think Max gets moved, but if he does, the return will leave us loving Bergevin for a moment, or our brains all imploding that he was allowed to move 2/3 of our best assets and lost both times.
the kings are the type of team to lift their level of play in the playoffs, i'm sure theyre aware of patches disappearing acts. i dont think they'll overpay for a guy like him tbh.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Are the Kings really that close to the cup? I don't get why they've been moving a lot at the deadline for years despite going nowhere several times now. Not intended as a shot at the Kings btw, I just really don't get this policy of theirs.

Reactions: BHD

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Hoping it's not Toffoli or Pearson alone or with a b prospect.

No offence meant to either player but Pacioretty despite his "hf value" should return a solid prospect, as opposed to an established, arguably lesser player in Toffoli.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
MB can't trade Pacs without at least getting a potential #1C in return - can he...?

Vilardi makes sense, Kings keep their core for another couple of runs while Doughty is there for sure

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Without a C, a Pacioretty trade doesn’t get done (it would cost Bergevin his job) and it’s very unlikely the Kings offer both Pearson and Toffoli. It would break their chemistry. You’re looking more at picks, prospects and maybe a Muzzin/Martinez.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Are the Kings really that close to the cup? I don't get why they've been moving a lot at the deadline for years despite going nowhere several times now. Not intended as a shot at the Kings btw, I just really don't get this policy of theirs.

Lombardi was trying his damnedest to keep his job. There’s no way Rob Blake is trading a first and our top prospect for Patches. I’d be real surprised if Pearson or Toffoli, I just don’t see it.

If you want Kyle Clifford, Kevin Gravel, and a couple second-round picks, let’s make this happen.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lombardi was trying his damnedest to keep his job. There’s no way Rob Blake is trading a first and our top prospect for Patches. I’d be real surprised if Pearson or Toffoli, I just don’t see it.

If you want Kyle Clifford, Kevin Gravel, and a couple second-round picks, let’s make this happen.

This is the Pacioretty thread, not Plekanec's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad