Rumor: Kypreos: being told don't be surprised if Karlsson is traded in next 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I mentioned it in another thread but this sort of attitude from fans of non-playoff teams just comes off as bitter and pathetic. “You’ll regret it when you lose in the playoffs because you didn’t overpay for our player.” Meanwhile you wish your team was even playing meaningful games at this time of year. It’s just not a good look - it’s like criticizing someone else’s dating choices when you’re going home alone.

1st jarry and schultz for karlsson is such a terrible offer, he's not taking about overpaying at all. I'm a habs fan and even i am insulted by how bad that deal would be

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
For sure but the idea that they are rebuilding it flat out wrong. That was the point of my post. Whether they are competitive or not is yet to be seen.
Yeah true.

I'm thinking Karlsson MIGHT think that Ottawa isn't gonna be competitive enough in the next 5 years. I'm just speculating here.

IF that's true, he MIGHT want to go to a team that has a shot at a cup before he's in his mid-thirties.

I wouldn't blame him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
1st jarry and schultz for karlsson is such a terrible offer, he's not taking about overpaying at all. I'm a habs fan and even i am insulted by how bad that deal would be

I wasn’t talking solely about that post. I’ve seen the same attitude from other Sens fans with Karlsson, Rangers fans with McDonagh, Canucks fans with Tanev, Canadiens fans with Pacioretty, etc. and in the vast majority of cases they are demanding a ridiculous overpayment and then getting pissy when their absurd proposals are rejected. And talking about how you’re going to laugh when a playoff team gets bounced because their fans didn’t accept your proposal, while everybody knows you wish your team could even be in that position in the first place, is just sad.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I wasn’t talking solely about that post. I’ve seen the same attitude from other Sens fans with Karlsson, Rangers fans with McDonagh, Canucks fans with Tanev, Canadiens fans with Pacioretty, etc. and in the vast majority of cases they are demanding a ridiculous overpayment and then getting pissy when their absurd proposals are rejected. And talking about how you’re going to laugh when a playoff team gets bounced because their fans didn’t accept your proposal, while everybody knows you wish your team could even be in that position in the first place, is just sad.

Because often there is no middle ground on anonymous message forums, its a bunch of name calling and hyperbole, those players all have value so high they almost never get traded during the deadline, especially not for a late first, a b prospect and a middling roster player.

There are very few proposals that would be ridiculous for a guy like Karlsson by the way.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah true.

I'm thinking Karlsson MIGHT think that Ottawa isn't gonna be competitive enough in the next 5 years. I'm just speculating here.

IF that's true, he MIGHT want to go to a team that has a shot at a cup before he's in his mid-thirties.

I wouldn't blame him.

Yeah I could see it happening as well, I just thought you were under the impression that it was factual rather than just a theory.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Karlsson -before- the injury had insane value. After the injury the best he is, is a "Pig In A Poke", let's be honest about that.

He absolutely could regain his form and become amazing again but it's more possible that he loses a step in his game and it could be a big one over the period of time. People on this board are making offers that would work if this was Karlsson before the injury. After the injury, I don't see his value being even half that.

I wish people would look at the here and now and the fact that he has not fully recovered from his injury and what we're seeing now may be what the future has in store, in not worse. Who would pay a large amount of money and/or term for him with that big of an elephant in the room? It's not worth it. You're basically paying for what he's done before, not who he is now.

And I'm saying this as a Karlsson fan. No disrespect to the guy at all but he had a serious injury that may very well end his career or diminish his speed to the point that he will have to retire. I hate saying that and I like the guy alot, but I'm just being honest about how I feel and I live to be proven wrong and see him being what he was before.

Quoted for Truth.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Karlsson
Pageau

For

T. Johnson
Sergachev
1st rounder
Howden

Is this something that could work for both teams? Johnson for Pageau included to save $ for the Lightning, while having some long term stability at C for both teams.
If Tampa then could ship out Callahan at the end of the year, they have a good chance of retaining Karlsson.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Karlsson
Pageau

For

T. Johnson
Sergachev
1st rounder
Howden

Is this something that could work for both teams? Johnson for Pageau included to save $ for the Lightning, while having some long term stability at C for both teams.
If Tampa then could ship out Callahan at the end of the year, they have a good chance of retaining Karlsson.

I would do it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Karlsson
Pageau

For

T. Johnson
Sergachev
1st rounder
Howden

This actually is pretty good....i think Tampa would consider it.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Karlsson has bounced back from injury before and this current season is quite similar to the one right after his Achilles injury. Poor by his standards, but still an elite level producer with moments of sheer brilliance.

I'm not too nervous about Karlsson bouncing back as he is dedicated and smart enough to regain his rhythm or to even adapt to a limitation.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Karlsson
Pageau

For

T. Johnson
Sergachev
1st rounder
Howden

Beyond horrible for Tampa. If Karlsson were signed longterm for $6M and was fully recovered from his injury then maybe we’d consider it, but a year and change of gimpy, tire-fire-in-his-own-end Karlsson and two years and change of a mediocre depth forward do not get you a near-PPG playoff center or a future 1D (both with several years of team control), much less both of them along with our top center prospect and a 1st. Not happening.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Karlsson
Pageau

For

T. Johnson
Sergachev
1st rounder
Howden

Doesn't seem any better than what we could get in the summer, so I sure as heck wouldn't rush into it. Maybe I'm underrating Howden, but it doesn't seem great unless Karlsson tells PD that he's only willing to sign with TBay or something along those lines.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Beyond horrible for Tampa. If Karlsson were signed longterm for $6M and was fully recovered from his injury then maybe we’d consider it, but a year and change of gimpy, tire-fire-in-his-own-end Karlsson and two years and change of a mediocre depth forward do not get you a near-PPG playoff center or a future 1D (both with several years of team control), much less both of them along with our top center prospect and a 1st. Not happening.

If he was signed long-term at $6 million/season it would take an insane amount more than that offer. That's just silly.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If he was signed long-term at $6 million/season it would take an insane amount more than that offer. That's just silly.

Right, but there’s no chance in hell we give all that up unless Karlsson is a) fully recovered and playing like his old self, and b) locked up longterm at a cap hit that doesn’t wreck our depth. So barring that incredibly unlikely circumstance there’s no way we trade all that away for him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I also love how Johnson for Pageau got thrown in there as if a near-PPG playoff center on pace for a 60 point season is somehow a cap dump. The rest of the trade was horrendous as well but that took it over the top.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Karlsson has bounced back from injury before and this current season is quite similar to the one right after his Achilles injury. Poor by his standards, but still an elite level producer with moments of sheer brilliance.

I'm not too nervous about Karlsson bouncing back as he is dedicated and smart enough to regain his rhythm or to even adapt to a limitation.

Its just wishfull thinking from fans of other teams to get him for pennies at the dollar. His skating has looked alot better recently, but he clearly isnt himself right now. Its not even his skating its his decision making, which I think has alot to do with his current personal life and the state of the team overall. His hockey sense didnt just dissapear. No one is playing well on the sens, its a disaster.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I also love how Johnson for Pageau got thrown in there as if a near-PPG playoff center on pace for a 60 point season is somehow a cap dump. The rest of the trade was horrendous as well but that took it over the top.

Wait...S you actually think Sergachev + Howden + 1st is horrendous? If you don't want Karlsson that's fine, but the value in that deal is very much slanted in Tampa's favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad