Rumor: Kypreos: being told don't be surprised if Karlsson is traded in next 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Otttawa going into penny pinch mode until their new building is built or what?
My guess is he doesn’t see any financial advantage in having a competitive team.

Sad.

So his actions will probably kill any slight chances a new/mived/expansion team comes to Canada.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kipper just said he still think EK gets dealt....says the "not shopping him" is samantics. Says Tampa has the best chance.....said it would take 5-6 pieces to land EK.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
My guess is he doesn’t see any financial advantage in having a competitive team.

Sad.

So his actions will probably kill any slight chances a new/mived/expansion team comes to Canada.
fans didn't show up win or lose.... why spend until a new arena comes

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
This is like a wet dream for Tampa fans. But I think it's just that - a dream.

I wonder why he thinks the Bolts can pull this off without disrupting their core?

Money would have to go out. Probably in the form of Killorn or one of TyJo/Palat.

Did he confirm Ryan would have to be included?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This is like a wet dream for Tampa fans. But I think it's just that - a dream.

I wonder why he thinks the Bolts can pull this off without disrupting their core?

Money would have to go out. Probably in the form of Killorn or one of TyJo/Palat.

Did he confirm Ryan would have to be included?
Said nothing about Ryan. He jusg said that Tampa had like 6-7 prospects that look like they will be NHLers....so they could package quite the collection of picks/prospects.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Zero chance Point goes for Karlsson. Zero chance the Lightning take on Ryan’s contract. Maybe a 0.001% chance Sergachev goes for Karlsson and that’s if Yzerman suddenly develops a drinking problem or suffers a major head injury. In short it’s not happening.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So what do you call fighting for a wild card spot for two years in a row, coming in last place and then back to fighting for a wild card spot?

Like I said, you have a short memory.

Last year you were in the conversation (or cemented the title of) the worst cap era team of all time. You finished with 48 points... that’s a whopping 14 points LESS than our worst season that led to McDavid. For more
context see:
Down Goes Brown: Are this year's Avalanche the worst team of the cap era? | The Hockey News

As bad as we are this year, we are on pace for 74 points.

As the expression goes, you don’t have a leg to stand on.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Wouldn't adding Ryan at this point, drag down the return on a Karlsson trade ? Wouldn't there be an absolute point to maximize the return of a " franchise " player, & not diminish value of said franchise player ?

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
kypreos was pretty adamant last night that the isles are crazy for not trading jt and bailey because they are not going to resign with the isles .I dont have a link because it was something he just blurted out between periods last night during leaf tilt.

sportsnet desperate for ratings or did kipper find the golden goose source wise ? Interestingly , the isles are in Toronto Thursday

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Why would fans come when the new arena is there? Its whats on the ice that counts, right?

No, not at all

Location of a teams arena is one of the most important factors when it comes to ticket sales.

The Senators have been weak on tickets for one reason only: The Arena

It's WAY the hell out there

Phoenix was doing just fine attendance wise when they played at the old arena in Phoenix, they weren't setting any records, but they had no problem drawing 10-12,000 people minimum for home game, some games did much better, but they never did any worse than that.

THEN the team built the ridiculous arena ever conceived...again WAY the hell out there

THAT is when their problems began, had they built a centrally located area, they would be like any other team, there are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, but even a Canadian city won't sit in traffic 2 hours both ways just to watch a home game.

IT"S ALL ABOUT LOCATION

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Why would fans come when the new arena is there? Its whats on the ice that counts, right?
It has nothing to do with the on ice product and everything to do with fans revolting at the owner plus the government pay (Phoenix) debacle. When staff both at the rink and in the front office are cut to the bone plus every player trade involves ditching money fans too start ditching their money. Our owner hasn’t figured this out...

Arena location and the announcement of our new one isn’t helping either but we did sell out for many, many years in the current location so I don’t give that as much weight

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
No, not at all

Location of a teams arena is one of the most important factors when it comes to ticket sales.

The Senators have been weak on tickets for one reason only: The Arena

It's WAY the hell out there

Phoenix was doing just fine attendance wise when they played at the old arena in Phoenix, they weren't setting any records, but they had no problem drawing 10-12,000 people minimum for home game, some games did much better, but they never did any worse than that.

THEN the team built the ridiculous arena ever conceived...again WAY the hell out there

THAT is when their problems began, had they built a centrally located area, they would be like any other team, there are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, but even a Canadian city won't sit in traffic 2 hours both ways just to watch a home game.

IT"S ALL ABOUT LOCATION
You clearly don't live in Ottawa, there are many factors to the drop in attendance, in fact Ottawa was 6th in attendance only a few years ago. The in game experience has fallen off a cliff, the city relies on public servant's buying tickets and many pubic servants pays have been messed up for over 2 years because of the government implementing a new pay system. Add to those things that new team came to town in the CFL's Redblacks with a revamped stadium downtown and now gives sports fans another option to spend their disposable income (their in game experience is fantastic). An owner unwilling to spend and consistently blaming fans for a subpar product, and on and on. There may be a slight bump in attendance when the new arena opens but it definitely won't solve the Sens issues.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
You and I disagree on that last point: I wouldn’t trade Serg straight up for Karlsson given their cap hits, contract statuses and current career trajectories. Karlsson’s past doesn’t interest me, only this season and the next (since that is what we’d be paying Ottawa for), and that isn’t worth the next several years and potentially the next decade-plus of Sergachev.

Yeah, and I'm willing to bet this whole thing that started with Karlson opening his mouth and showing what a self-centered moron he really is, followed up by a pack of obvious lies designed to get him out of trouble, is the turning point in his career

I doubt you ever see the Old Karlson again, and any team who signs him is committing suicide

What a scum bag, with so many families struggling to make ends meet, he opens his mouth blabbing about how important it is that he gets that extra couple of million that he's never even going to need, because HE'S WORTH IT, and he does it through the media. who consumes the media Erik? That's right THE FANS,

He should wake up every day, get down on his knees and thank whatever he does or doesn't believe
in that he was blessed to be able to be a 1% in this world and to do it by playing a game others play for free.

He's trying to manipulate his way to another few million, in the middle of a team slump and using the fans to do it, show quite clearly what a dirtbag this guy is.

Oh, and then he REALLY shows his true colors after that in an interview when he says: "I think the Senators have done a decent job of giving me what I need to win..."

Showing beyond a doubt that he honestly thinks it's all about him, his money, him winning...

He wants what he's worth?

Hey Erik! I wouldn't pay you 10 cents to play on a team I owned, in fact, I wouldn't want you anywhere near it.

Karlson = Scumbag

The return on a deal for him will be low, he's shown he will be the worst of headaches

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Bolded for emphasis. It’s wishful thinking from Sens fans to get full price for Karlsson on a year and change contract when he’s playing the way he is. And frankly even if he were 100% the short term still makes him far less valuable than Sens fans think he is - no team is giving up a young, cost-controlled elite player like Point for a little over a year of anybody.

If Ottawa is planning on resigning Karlsson then by all means they can afford to make the price as high as they like, but don’t expect other teams to bite. But if you’ve decided he’s not coming back and actually want to get something for him you’re going to have to come to terms with the fact that his health and contract status are going to significantly impact the return you get. Frankly I want no part of him so it’s not like I’m trying to lowball Sens fans on him - I’m just rejecting the ridiculous overpayments you’re demanding from us.

You realize people said the exact same thing when Stamkos was heading towards UFA? Same thing virtually every time. Every injury is a career killer, every UFA wants our of their city, every team will have to accept pennies on the dollar for their franchise player.

It rarely ever happens.

Reactions: topshelf15

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet this whole thing that started with Karlson opening his mouth and showing what a self-centered moron he really is, followed up by a pack of obvious lies designed to get him out of trouble, is the turning point in his career

I doubt you ever see the Old Karlson again, and any team who signs him is committing suicide

What a scum bag, with so many families struggling to make ends meet, he opens his mouth blabbing about how important it is that he gets that extra couple of million that he's never even going to need, because HE'S WORTH IT, and he does it through the media. who consumes the media Erik? That's right THE FANS,

He should wake up every day, get down on his knees and thank whatever he does or doesn't believe
in that he was blessed to be able to be a 1% in this world and to do it by playing a game others play for free.

He's trying to manipulate his way to another few million, in the middle of a team slump and using the fans to do it, show quite clearly what a dirtbag this guy is.

Oh, and then he REALLY shows his true colors after that in an interview when he says: "I think the Senators have done a decent job of giving me what I need to win..."

Showing beyond a doubt that he honestly thinks it's all about him, his money, him winning...

He wants what he's worth?

Hey Erik! I wouldn't pay you 10 cents to play on a team I owned, in fact, I wouldn't want you anywhere near it.

Karlson = *******

The return on a deal for him will be low, he's shown he will be the worst of headaches

This post deserves a standing ovation, I just want to be a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad