Rumor: Kypreos: being told don't be surprised if Karlsson is traded in next 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Holy ******* if true

Last edited by a moderator:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Karlsson to TBL for Point+Sergs+2nd. If EK doesnt extend, Sens send a first (top 5 protected) in 2020

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
From a hockey sense it makes perfect sense.

The Sens are going to struggle to put a contending team around him in his prime so they are left with trying to patchwork a team to squeak into the play-offs and then have the last half of his contract likely start looking worse and worse each year.

With the ankle injury and his play this year you have the real possibility that he doesn't ever live up to the contract he will demand.

But Karlsson obviously a guy in which non-hockey considerations have to be taken into account.

Although with all the negativity around Melnyk anyways isn't this kind of the perfect time to move him? Ottawa fans already hate him so can the hate get that much more?

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To be fair, I saw somewhere that the majority of the headlines information comes from Friedman.

When Friedman posts stuff on his twitter he's still bang on. He consistently breaks a ton of things. The "problem" with Friedman (and it's not a problem with him at all) is that people on this forum post everything he puts in a blog / podcast titled "31 thoughts" out there as if it's a new rumor. Friedman's credibility has gone downhill because he has actually offered his personal opinion on things, and people have swallowed it up and posted it as insider info.

Kypreos is generally just an idiot who practically never gets anything right on any platform.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Shot in the dark:
Karlsson
For
Dubois
Carlsson
Johnson or Foligno
1st
biggest position of need is C so weaken it more and have a top 4 of ?
Karlsson-Jones
Werenski-Murray
Ill give this a solid 0.12% chance of happening. If Karlsson was his old self id offer something around Werenski but with his injury concerns and likely demands id probably say pass at this point

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When Friedman posts stuff on his twitter he's still bang on. He consistently breaks a ton of things. The "problem" with Friedman (and it's not a problem with him at all) is that people on this forum post everything he puts in a blog / podcast titled "31 thoughts" out there as if it's a new rumor. Friedman's credibility has gone downhill because he has actually offered his personal opinion on things, and people have swallowed it up and posted it as insider info.

Well that’s why McKenzie is awesome. He never offers his opinion or ideas on “what makes sense”.

On his deadline preview Bobcast, even then it’s all stuff he’s heard. The only time he gives a “thought” is when he stresses it strongly before hand, and strongly stresses it afterwards.

Friedman speculates a lot in 31 thoughts, but he’s typically good at saying “I wonder” or “just a thought” and it’s the readers who jump to conclusions.

McKenzie is the GOAT, but Friedman is awesome too if one has even a little bit of reading comprehension

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Otttawa going into penny pinch mode until their new building is built or what?
If tanking got them Dahlin, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world, but trying to win the lottery with my Oilers out of the playoffs is a VERY dangerous game.

Our top 3 left wingers are all basically 3rd liners and we're trading one of them (Maroon) away before the TDL.
We've got 3 other forwards who maybe shouldn't quite be in the NHL yet.

When healthy (not happening any time this year) We've got a decent top 3 but are really in need of a 2nd right hand d-man and we probably need 2 of our top 6 to be able to pass the puck better.

Our starting goalie has been crapping the bed a ton and I'm not sold on our back-up being able to play any more than 10 games a year.

That's what you're competing with for the lottery. Sounds like a dangerous game if you ask me.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Point has to be a deal breaker. Cheap ELC 65-70 point even stenght producing centres don't grow on trees.
I agree but Im not yet convinced that his points reflect his skill set. Plus, we're talking about an extended EK and if not you get a top 1rst rounder albeit protected to protect the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad