Rumor: Kypreos: being told don't be surprised if Karlsson is traded in next 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet this whole thing that started with Karlson opening his mouth and showing what a self-centered moron he really is, followed up by a pack of obvious lies designed to get him out of trouble, is the turning point in his career

I doubt you ever see the Old Karlson again, and any team who signs him is committing suicide

What a scum bag, with so many families struggling to make ends meet, he opens his mouth blabbing about how important it is that he gets that extra couple of million that he's never even going to need, because HE'S WORTH IT, and he does it through the media. who consumes the media Erik? That's right THE FANS,

He should wake up every day, get down on his knees and thank whatever he does or doesn't believe
in that he was blessed to be able to be a 1% in this world and to do it by playing a game others play for free.

He's trying to manipulate his way to another few million, in the middle of a team slump and using the fans to do it, show quite clearly what a dirtbag this guy is.

Oh, and then he REALLY shows his true colors after that in an interview when he says: "I think the Senators have done a decent job of giving me what I need to win..."

Showing beyond a doubt that he honestly thinks it's all about him, his money, him winning...

He wants what he's worth?

Hey Erik! I wouldn't pay you 10 cents to play on a team I owned, in fact, I wouldn't want you anywhere near it.

Karlson = *******

The return on a deal for him will be low, he's shown he will be the worst of headaches

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was entertaining.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I wouldn't do that if I was Tampa

Me neither. I mean im a NYR fan but has followed Tampa and Sens for a long time along with Anaheim because MSL and Stamkos, EK and Getzlaf are four of my favorite players who has ever played in the NHL.
Looking at age, skills right now and potential Brayden Point has tons of value, Sergachev has alot of value as well.
In a cap world, EK as a 1,5 year rental(which he is right now) isnt worth the two of them+ imo. Not many if any players in the NHL over 25 are. It makes no sense for Yzerman because of age, salary etc etc and they lose alot of the talent they have on the roster right now if they trade them.
EK is almost 28, has had tons of injuries and his new contract if he signs with the team trading for him is 10+ million. Its a bad move for any team to give up that amount and level of talent for a much older, more expensive player even if he is as good as EK. I just dont see a player at that age, that contract situation etc having that kind of value compared to young already very good players in a cap world. More importantly it makes no sense for Yzerman, which basically means its not worth it in terms of value because its a cap league. Point has 52 points in 60 games in his second season in the league at 21. He is an extremely valuable player and has alot of value.
Are Tampa a better team with EK instead of Point and Sergachev? I dont know but Point is already damn good, Sergachev is looking very good aswell even if he might not be a great twoway defensemen yet.
Same thing with Draisaitl in Edm, he is so underrated, the guy is a beast. He is almost a ppg center for the second year in a row, was over ppg away from McDavid in the playoffs last season. He is a legit #1 center and is only 22. If thats not an extremely valuable player on the trademarket i have no clue what is...
When talking about value we have to see it from every teams perspective and include all kinds of things like contract situation, age etc etc. I just dont see many teams beeing better if they trade for Karlsson and give into 75% of what Dorion is asking for if the reports are right. And if that isnt a reason to not make a trade i dont know what is.

Last edited:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet this whole thing that started with Karlson opening his mouth and showing what a self-centered moron he really is, followed up by a pack of obvious lies designed to get him out of trouble, is the turning point in his career

I doubt you ever see the Old Karlson again, and any team who signs him is committing suicide

What a scum bag, with so many families struggling to make ends meet, he opens his mouth blabbing about how important it is that he gets that extra couple of million that he's never even going to need, because HE'S WORTH IT, and he does it through the media. who consumes the media Erik? That's right THE FANS,

He should wake up every day, get down on his knees and thank whatever he does or doesn't believe
in that he was blessed to be able to be a 1% in this world and to do it by playing a game others play for free.

He's trying to manipulate his way to another few million, in the middle of a team slump and using the fans to do it, show quite clearly what a dirtbag this guy is.

Oh, and then he REALLY shows his true colors after that in an interview when he says: "I think the Senators have done a decent job of giving me what I need to win..."

Showing beyond a doubt that he honestly thinks it's all about him, his money, him winning...

Hey Erik! I wouldn't pay you 10 cents to play on a team I owned, in fact, I wouldn't want you anywhere near it.

Karlson = *******

The return on a deal for him will be low, he's shown he will be the worst of headaches
I didn’t know Eugene Melnyk posted on hfboards...

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Like I said, you have a short memory.

Last year you were in the conversation (or cemented the title of) the worst cap era team of all time. You finished with 48 points... that’s a whopping 14 points LESS than our worst season that led to McDavid. For more
context see:
Down Goes Brown: Are this year's Avalanche the worst team of the cap era? | The Hockey News

As bad as we are this year, we are on pace for 74 points.

As the expression goes, you don’t have a leg to stand on.
My posts must have went over your head, my bad.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Me neither. I mean im a NYR fan but has followed Tampa and Sens for a long time along with Anaheim because MSL and Stamkos, EK and Getzlaf are four of my favorite players who has ever played in the NHL.
Looking at age, skills right now and potential Brayden Point has tons of value, Sergachev has alot of value as well.
In a cap world, EK as a 1,5 year rental(which he is right now) isnt worth the two of them+ imo. Not many if any players in the NHL over 25 are. It makes no sense for Yzerman because of age, salary etc etc and they lose alot of the talent they have on the roster right now if they trade them.
EK is almost 28, has had tons of injuries and his new contract if he signs with the team trading for him is 10+ million. Its a bad move for any team to give up that amount and level of talent for a much older, more expensive player even if he is as good as EK. I just dont see a player at that age, that contract situation etc having that kind of value compared to young already very good players in a cap world. More importantly it makes no sense for Yzerman, which basically means its not worth it in terms of value because its a cap league. Point has 52 points in 60 games in his second season in the league at 21. He is an extremely valuable player and has alot of value.
Are Tampa a better team with EK instead of Point and Sergachev? I dont know but Point is already damn good, Sergachev is looking very good aswell even if he might not be a great twoway defensemen yet.
Same thing with Draisaitl in Edm, he is so underrated, the guy is a beast. He is almost a ppg center for the second year in a row, was over ppg away from McDavid in the playoffs last season. He is a legit #1 center and is only 22. If thats not an extremely valuable player on the trademarket i have no clue what is...
When talking about value we have to see it from every teams perspective and include all kinds of things like contract situation, age etc etc. I just dont see many teams beeing better if they trade for Karlsson and give into 75% of what Dorion is asking for if the reports are right. And if that isnt a reason to not make a trade i dont know what is.

I guarantee you this one thing.

By this time next year, Erik Karlsson is going to be the undisputed best dman in the League.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
An owner unwilling to spend and consistently blaming fans for a subpar product, and on and on. There may be a slight bump in attendance when the new arena opens but it definitely won't solve the Sens issues.

Man sounds exactly like the Pittsburgh Pirates and their owner Bob Nutting.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

This.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Karlson = *******

Woahh, why tho so mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad