Value of: Kopitar to St. Louis Blues

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'm a Kings fan and I'm being realistic about our team's situation. Just seeing if there's interest.
We are all being realistic. Toffoli, Peasron, and Carter can be traded for the right price. Doughty most likely will not sign here. Others will be traded before Kopitar and rightfully so. There's not gonna be much left if we get rid of Doughty and Kopitar.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
We are all being realistic. Toffoli, Peasron, and Carter can be traded for the right price. Doughty most likely will not sign here. Others will be traded before Kopitar and rightfully so. There's not gonna be much left if we get rid of Doughty and Kopitar.

Not having much left is what a rebuild means. The plan is to start fresh.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
To everyone saying Kopitar is too costly, what about Carter?
Carter doesn't fit age-wise with the direction the Blues are moving. They want a core to move forward for the next 3-5 seasons. I think there would be better options to look at in a closer age range with similar cap hit. Not a dis on Carter, there just are will better options.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Carter doesn't fit age-wise with the direction the Blues are moving. They want a core to move forward for the next 3-5 seasons. I think there would be better options to look at in a closer age range with similar cap hit. Not a dis on Carter, there just are will better options.
As long as his wheels are still good, I don't think the age should be that much of a concern. As I mentioned before, he's only owed $12M in real money over the last 4 seasons of his deal, which means more to the Blues than most teams. He is a RHS, can still play center as far as I've seen, can play RW when not at C, so if he can still play fast he absolutely fits what we are trying to mold our team into. Cost and availability? That's another question.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What would LA want in return for Toffoli?

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I'd give just about anything the King's would ask for but no idea why they would move Kopitar of all the players on their team.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
ah man... this is going to be a lonnnnngggggg summer

i feel some habs fans are circling around the Kings roster page on tsn, prepping up a few amazing proposals

Kings fans, best to just log off until october lol
wow its finally happened i can agree with one of ur post I knew eventually it would happen lol but i totally agree with the last line of this post

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
a team composed of a

Jennings winner in Quick
Selke nominee in Kopitar
and a potential (but certain) Norris nod for Doughty

yet all i read is REBUILD! REBUILD! REBUILD!

fact remains, LA can take on most teams from the Eastern Conference, and some teams from the Central Division

we are brutal against the Pacific, doesn't mean this team sucks

but it does mean that we need a good retool to compete within our own division

Kopi is staying

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
ah man... this is going to be a lonnnnngggggg summer

i feel some habs fans are circling around the Kings roster page on tsn, prepping up a few amazing proposals

Kings fans, best to just log off until october lol
Lol, I see they are circling around you guys now, too! Like Sharks in a feeding frenzy. Sorry, no Vilardi or Thomas to Montreal!

Reactions: go4hockey

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Kings could reload in a real hurry by trading:

Kopitar and Martinez for Parayko, Thomas, Kyrou/Thompson/Kostin, STL 1st ‘19

Doughty for Liljegren, Korshkov, TML 1st ‘18, cond. 2nd ‘19 (1st if Leafs win the Cup)

Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Kempe-Vilardi-Brown
Lewis-Iafallo-Rieder
Clifford-Thomas-Kyrou
Andreoff, Thompson

Muzzin-Parayko
Forbort-Phaneuf
Brickley-Liljegren
Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

+ Korshkov, LAK 1st ‘18, TML 1st ‘18, LAK 1st ‘19, STL 1st ‘19

That is a stupid amount of young assets for a team rebuilding on the fly, and that roster could still be competitive next year if coached right.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Doughty for Liljegren, Korshkov, TML 1st ‘18, cond. 2nd ‘19 (1st if Leafs win the Cup)

Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Kempe-Vilardi-Brown
Lewis-Iafallo-Rieder
Clifford-Thomas-Kyrou
Andreoff, Thompson

Muzzin-Parayko
Forbort-Phaneuf
Brickley-Liljegren
Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

That is a stupid amount of young assets for a team rebuilding on the fly, and that roster could still be competitive next year if coached right.
Thats a huge no. Thomas, kyrou are off the table. Parayko is not being traded Un less we get a young center with term.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017

Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Kempe-Vilardi-Brown
Lewis-Iafallo-Rieder
Clifford-Thomas-Kyrou
Andreoff, Thompson

Muzzin-Parayko
Forbort-Phaneuf
Brickley-Liljegren
Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

STL says no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad