Value of: Kopitar to St. Louis Blues

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
How much would the Blues pay for Kopi? Kings are rebuilding in this scenario, need picks, young players, and prospects.

Carter is also available for cheaper, and he has a very team friendly cap hit.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
How much would the Blues pay for Kopi? Kings are rebuilding in this scenario, need picks, young players, and prospects.

Kopitar is not available. Maybe if Drew chooses to leave but until then not a chance.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't think trying to trade for a selke finalist coming off of a 92 point season is quite an ideal situation. I also don't think trading one is.
Yeah i would hate to see what the ask would be for Kopi. More than i would be willing to pay. Your talking 1st. thomas, Kyrou+ or they would want parayko + which is just a bad idea

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Not to derail the thread based on the title, but I think Carter is far more realistic. The cap hit is easy to swallow and is made more attractive by the fact that he's only owed $12M in real dollars over the final 4 years of the deal.

Thomas is pretty untouchable, but I could see the Blues offering Kyrou and the WIN 1st for Carter. Might take a 3rd piece to get the deal done, but I doubt you see the Blues throw 3 premium assets to acquire a guy that will be 37 when his deal is up in 4 years.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah i would hate to see what the ask would be for Kopi. More than i would be willing to pay. Your talking 1st. thomas, Kyrou+ or they would want parayko + which is just a bad idea

I would not be shocked if it started with all 4. You just don't find those types of players. His cap hit is massive but you trim your roster to fit those types of guys in. I just don't like that he's signed until he's like 35-36 and it will clearly take alot of high quality young assets. Seems like you are going boom or bust for about 5 years with no thought of what the future holds.

Reactions: Colt55

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I would not be shocked if it started with all 4. You just don't find those types of players. His cap hit is massive but you trim your roster to fit those types of guys in. I just don't like that he's signed until he's like 35-36 and it will clearly take alot of high quality young assets. Seems like you are going boom or bust for about 5 years with no thought of what the future holds.
5 years is a hell of a long time in hockey.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The Kings aren't trading Kopi. Even if they were, the ask would be all of our prospects and some #1 picks or Schwartz ++ or Tarasenko. No deal from either side I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Would love Kopitar on the Blues, but there's just no reasonable scenario in which it happens IMO. Regardless, the ask from LA would rightfully be massive.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I have to agree with my fellow Blues fans. I don't see it happening. The cost would be enormous. I really like Kopitar and he's seemingly found his game again, but unless the price would come down drastically, I'd go with no thanks.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
This thread isn't going anywhere...STL wont be willing to offer what LA would expect in return. Recipe for disaster.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
neutral fan, from an outside perspective this makes a ton of sense if the Kings are looking at a rebuild. StL has the assets to get him without stripping the NHL roster, and the need at center. It will be StL's turn to take their run or rebuild before too long but they have all the pieces in their primes now if they can get the center

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
picked a bad season to try and trade for him. Kopitar should be top 5 in Hart voting. 92 point and could be a selke finalist? Good luck acquiring that.

Blues fans aren't trying to trade for him....
Op is a Kings fans seeing how much Blues fans would cough up.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Outside of the idea that Kings shouldn't be trying to move Kopitar the Blues shouldn't be interested anyway. Yes they need another top 6 center but should be targeting someone way less costly than Kopitar would be. Winnipeg 1st and a winger prospect would be the starting point from a Blues perspective and the target should be a center hovering between 40-50 pts a year or at least capable of it with top 6 wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad