Player Discussion Klim Kostin

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He’s what Kass was when he was bringing it. I’ve really liked his game so far. Looks like exactly the type of bottom 6 winger we need.
We need to make sure not to overpay him so that hopefully he can continue to play hungry. Too many depth guys here get the multi year overpay deals and then play hockey like they have the job security of a McDavid or Draisaitl.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
We need to make sure not to overpay him so that hopefully he can continue to play hungry. Too many depth guys here get the multi year overpay deals and then play hockey like they have the job security of a McDavid or Draisaitl.
True. Also gotta figure out a way for at least one fellow Russian to be on the team so he's happy. Even though our track record is horrible and we traded his buddy for him lol. Ohh Gavrikov...perfect.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
True. Also gotta figure out a way for at least one fellow Russian to be on the team so he's happy. Even though our track record is horrible and we traded his buddy for him lol. Ohh Gavrikov...perfect.
What does Gavrikov bring to the table? I see lots of people salivating at the thought of adding him but I don't know much at all about his game.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
You can see how that reads, not everyone is reading back through the whole thread to see someones side conversion cause everyone hates Jesse/Yamo so much that its has to over takes most threads.
Yes I understand it's easy to get these wrong. But he was definitely talking about Puljujarvi, just mentioned Pääjärvi as a comparison in one line. No big deal but I guess I am allowed to correct that 😊

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Cue our GM to offer him a multi-year deal at the end of this season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I do think Fogele is useful as a 4th liner. But thats an expensive 4th liner.
They are starting to give Foegele PK experience and hes finding some usefulness there. He's also been heating up offensively lately so he's becoming a guy who can play shifts up and down the lineup. So far he's still too pricey for a team with big cap hits like ours but I'm always high on Foegele. He seems like one of those guys who could just click and be one of those high impact bottom sixers like what Tampa won cups with

Reactions: Biltmore

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
This place is more down in Foegele than pretty much anywhere else. I think he’s been good this season. Not sure he has the consistency to stick in the top 6, but he’s made a better go of his short time up there than the ghost wingers and was playing well in the bottom 6. 4th best winger on the team with a healthy Kane. That’s probably not a good thing, he should be 5th at the very best, but it is what it is. I’d rather have him on the 2nd line if it means they can use the ghost wingers cap on a 2LD

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Kostin-McLeod-Pulju is a fun third line and they’re developing chemistry.

I‘m very happy with the early returns on this trade.
It makes Yamamoto a hopeless piece. His only chance here was at the 3rd line, and now with a good line without the superstars, yamamoto is a no-go. Cant have him as a 4th liner, thats just a waste of him and his cap for oilers
Cant force him into top6 anymore eitjer. It just doesnt work.
Trade yamamoto for a nice 4th liner with speed and checks and smaller cap. It will benefit oilers.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Gavrikob I think is a better target, but if Scouy comes cheap, then alright.

After that, its hard to make any more moves, the cap is just to tight.
You have to accept järnmark as a part of the top6, so why not if it creates depth.
A 4th line of Malone Ryan Fogele could be something

Im soon giving up on Benson. Can he actually bring something hockey -esque, or just mouthing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad