Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Neither am I. Romano should bring more.

My hypothetical, Romano and a 4th’27(Kit)* for Abraham and 2nd’24(Nia), 2nd’26(Win), 4th’26(Ott).

That’s a better deal for Romano I believe. Abraham was over a point a game last year before his injury and that 2nd’24(Nia) would be huge. We’d give up that 4th in ‘27 as Abraham likely plays an OA season.
You want Windsor to give up Abraham, 2 top 2nds and a 4th for Romano?
Maybe a hair overvalued for Romano!?!? Everyone deserves a good chuckle once in awhile!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You want Windsor to give up Abraham, 2 top 2nds and a 4th for Romano?
Maybe a hair overvalued for Romano!?!? Everyone deserves a good chuckle once in awhile!
I’m putting Romano’s value at 2x2nds and 2x3rds and a 4th based on the value of past defected players selected around where Romano was in the 1st round.

Are you valuing the underachieving (though he’s stepped it up lately) Abraham at more than 2x3rds?

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I’m putting Romano’s value at 2x2nds and 2x3rds and a 4th based on the value of past defected players selected around where Romano was in the 1st round.

Are you valuing the underachieving (though he’s stepped it up lately) Abraham at more than 2x3rds?
Well to be fair I would agree that Romano is worth two seconds. But Abraham is a former 1st rounder as well and has finally getting better after suffering some injuries. He has been playing very well lately.

Not seeing Windsor wanting that deal and definitely not giving up Niagara's 2nd round pick. they need to make that high pick this year to help with their rebuild. Windsor has 5 2nds now so maybe Abraham and a farther out 2nd? But again don't think that is the route they will take. Be safe..

Reactions: EvenSteven

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Isn’t Dubois an OA? We aren’t going to try for an OA I’m pretty sure with Sop, Martin and Motew.
Just drive the price up for London.

Rangers don't have the assets (not keen on trading our good crop of 2-3 rookies) to get in a real bidding war. But pretty sure other teams, including London and maybe Guelph or Saginaw, will be keen on a high % face off guy that plays responsibly in his own zone like Dubois.

Don't make it cheap for them.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well to be fair I would agree that Romano is worth two seconds. But Abraham is a former 1st rounder as well and has finally getting better after suffering some injuries. He has been playing very well lately.

Not seeing Windsor wanting that deal and definitely not giving up Niagara's 2nd round pick. they need to make that high pick this year to help with their rebuild. Windsor has 5 2nds now so maybe Abraham and a farther out 2nd? But again don't think that is the route they will take. Be safe..
Romano would help with that rebuild just fine.

Just pointing out that more can be done with a 1st rounder than trading him and multiple picks for one impact player.

Reactions: rangersblues

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Thoughts on going after a guy like Noah Van Vliet (Brantford Bulldogs)... I loved the idea much more about 6-8 weeks ago when BB were still struggling. It shouldn't require any rookies, possibly middle of the road picks. Big kid, skates well, plays the left side + he's in the eastern conference. Adds size/depth/defense to the current group as an 04. Konnor Smith would have been good, but he's off the table now.

Ando - BRZ
NVV - Reid
Campell - Motew
Scott

Reactions: RB76

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Is that the 5'8" Abraham? As John Pinette use to say" Nay nay". Hypothetically let look elsewhere. Romano is worth an impact player and 21 points and a minus player is not going to impact. Unless there is something we don't know.
Abraham brings a lot more to the game than points. Can be an agitating type. And, those 2nds are just as important in the deal.

In trading a Romano, I was trying to address the present and the future at the same time.

it’s usually a offseason move but my prediction is that MM gets a players rights as part of a deal.
As he did in getting Hunter B included in the McDonnell trade.

With our thin assets base, he has to kick over every stone to try improve this team while not hurting the future.

It was easy wheeling and dealing last year with a basket full of picks. Any GM can do that. But a GM shows his true mettle if he can get things done with limited resources.

We’re waiting patiently Mike!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That deal makes zero sense to me.
Seemed like a steep price for two good players from a team I'm not sure should be adding at all let alone subtracting their 07 first rounder..
Does beg the question though what are some contenders who are already light on assets ( Rangers and Knights come to mind ) going to do with this odd set up to the deadline...
The deal has to make sense for both teams .

This one makes the Attack better tomorrow than they were today.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Catching up on the highlights from the last couple games. Does stark look bigger to anyone else? Skating has approved as well and I think the points will come

Reactions: Offside by a mile

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
One elephant in the Ranger room everyone is ignoring is Reid. Whose to say the only Ranger 07 opposing GMs want to start with is Reid in a package for a high skilled vet. He and Lam are stand out rookies in this league and have established themselves as future stars already.
One rumour that has been hot is Beck to the Soo. Soo fans are adamant they will not give up 07 Brady Martin yet other fans point to the Owen Sound trade. The bar has been set with the Owen Sound/Petes trade. Pay to play. Just saying Romano might not be the only focus of opposing GMs if MM is in serious talks. Personally I am selfish and want to keep all the 07s going forward. See what comes to fruition.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
Catching up on the highlights from the last couple games. Does stark look bigger to anyone else? Skating has approved as well and I think the points will come
I made this comment, too! Looks like he grew while off injured. A reminder how young the rookies are and the impact physical maturation has on their development. It doesn't take much imagination to see a valuable 2C type when he is 19.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I made this comment, too! Looks like he grew while off injured. A reminder how young the rookies are and the impact physical maturation has on their development. It doesn't take much imagination to see a valuable 2C type when he is 19.
All these 07 rookies were captains on previous teams. This bodes well going forward in the next few seasons. It's a great base for a solid team down the road.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Offside by a mile

Sep 27, 2019
I agree, looks to fit in better now. I'll also admit to being critical of Romano's game at times. He looked great with the increased minutes. I would not trade any of the 07 rookie class under any circumstance this year. That includes 2 part trades.

These are all the teams I predict will go for it.
Sag
Soo
Ldn
Kit
Now OS is (surprised by that a bit, but they are built for this year, similarly to Kitchener last season)
And I’m not counting Guelph out. Guelph to me is the wildcard. They very easily could add Poitras and have Allen return from injury around the same time. That would give that team a huge boost.

This screams 2nd round exit to me.

The West is too stacked this year IMO.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
So the next metric after "we'll see where they are at Christmas" is "let's see how they do when WJC players are gone". So I imagine Rehkopf and Mesar miss tomorrows game. That's 7 games missed. Brz, Sop and Rehkopf still league the lead in points. Unreal. Romani now ties with Rehkopf at 55. Ando still has the most hilarious stat with a league high 73pims and league high +31. Team has gone 4-2 during the stretch, which is impressive considering the 6-7 rookies dressed every night. Jussi did ride the top line more during this time and I don't blame him. I mean, it worked more or less. It seems that when the Rangers slump, so do the teams chasing them, which is wild. London stringing together a nice streak.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I agree, looks to fit in better now. I'll also admit to being critical of Romano's game at times. He looked great with the increased minutes. I would not trade any of the 07 rookie class under any circumstance this year. That includes 2 part trades.

These are all the teams I predict will go for it.
Sag
Soo
Ldn
Kit
Now OS is (surprised by that a bit, but they are built for this year, similarly to Kitchener last season)
And I’m not counting Guelph out. Guelph to me is the wildcard. They very easily could add Poitras and have Allen return from injury around the same time. That would give that team a huge boost.

This screams 2nd round exit to me.

The West is too stacked this year IMO.
Yes. Top team in the league. Haven’t been in this position in forever. We climbed UP the ranking with Rehkopf and Mesar away at WJC.

It doesn’t matter what you or me or anyone else on here are willing to do with the 07’s. It’s up to MM.

He may feel different. He’s dealt our 1st before.

Just sayin.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
And we have quality returnees to sell off next year to prep for the following two years.
Go for it! Spits went 2 years in a row ( although the 2nd year was record setting!) Now in their rebuild year they have traded for younger players and 5 2nds. The way junior hockey constantly fluctuates it makes no sense to pass up the opportunity.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
And we have quality returnees to sell off next year to prep for the following two years.
Your right Even. MM can't ignore what he has going this year. He really has no choice but to find a way to deal with the success that dropped in his lap. With Jussi and his staff plus the top scoring players in the league sitting on the bench MM has to take a shot. I can see selling GMs looking at Rangers 07s hoping to work out some sort of deal. Rangers give up too many short handed and odd man rushes as do a lot of teams. They need a shut down Damn or two for sure IMO. There are always a bunch of left wing surprises at the deadline that come out of no where. As an example the Knights seem to sit in the bushes and pull something out of a hat. Hopefully MM makes an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad