Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Trading Lam would be very stupid imo. One of the more promising young players in recent memory (more impressed with him in year one than Mascherin for example). Reid is almost at half-point-per-game as a rookie D who is solid defensively at 16, not moving him for anything.
Romano is the only one I'd let go and I wouldn't want to and the return would have to be big; I can see him being an Evangelista type when all is said and done.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Trading Lam would be very stupid imo. One of the more promising young players in recent memory (more impressed with him in year one than Mascherin for example). Reid is almost at half-point-per-game as a rookie D who is solid defensively at 16, not moving him for anything.
Romano is the only one I'd let go and I wouldn't want to and the return would have to be big; I can see him being an Evangelista type when all is said and done.
Agree on all points.

But it would also be stupid to not do everything we can to improve on a team that is this good. When was the last time a Ranger team had this much promise? 2008?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
He was dominate. Interested to see where Petrovsky is headed as there is likely a deal if they’re selling.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
He was dominate. Interested to see where Petrovsky is headed as there is likely a deal if they’re selling.
Yes. Petrovsky or Guindon. Fred Wallace has now said it’s time for OS to sell. Either C would be a hell of a third line piece. Add another winger on the cheap and we’d have three #1 lines.

Reactions: bobber

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Yes. Petrovsky or Guindon. Fred Wallace has now said it’s time for OS to sell. Either C would be a hell of a third line piece. Add another winger on the cheap and we’d have three #1 lines.
degray never seems to go all out in either direction (sell or buy). No doubt MM has dip his toes in conversations with at least Petrovsky. Does someone land a year and a half of Barlow. I think Sauga gets one of the 3

Reactions: rangersblues

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Coaches Coroner This post is right on point. I can see Lam as the next Marner in the OHL. Reid looks better every game and is playing with a ton of confidence. I hate to any lose these rookies from the last draft. Guess some trades will start this weeks. Not sure when MM jumps in. He has a challenge for sure.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
degray never seems to go all out in either direction (sell or buy). No doubt MM has dip his toes in conversations with at least Petrovsky. Does someone land a year and a half of Barlow. I think Sauga gets one of the 3
right now owen sound is buying, not selling.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rehkopf seems to be in his head a bit. Went from shooting everything here to looking solely for the pass
Would love to see Razor use that shot a bit more. There are players getting top minutes the whole tourney so far and a couple just got their first points in this game. Razor is second in scoring behind Celebrini and not getting the minutes. Kind of telling where this group is at. Better second period.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Would love to see Razor use that shot a bit more. There are players getting top minutes the whole tourney so far and a couple just got their first points in this game. Razor is second in scoring behind Celebrini and not getting the minutes. Kind of telling where this group is at. Better second period.
Speaks to the coaching staff’s utilization of players. They insist on running the same four or five guys out there who are having a hard time getting things done.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
Speaks to the coaching staff’s utilization of players. They insist on running the same four or five guys out there who are having a hard time getting things done.
I have no idea what Letang has against Razor but there has to be something. He is second on the team in scoring, controls the puck for part of his shift every time he's on the ice and he still has the least amount of ice time on the forward core.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Looks like Mesar and Rehkopf will be on the northern trip. Rehkopf will have a massive role next year albeit likely not representing Kitchener.

Reactions: MVarley

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
no clue but i think they want to push forward. i dont know if they need alot, they need what they have to live up to expectations.
The Owen Sound blueline is a mess. Buying is absolutely the wrong move in my opinion. This is a very dysfunctional team at the moment. They need to make the tough decision to tear it down and refocus around George's 19 year old season. I don't know that ownership has the stomach to do it though unfortunately.

Ultimately, they lack the pieces to land a true difference maker without harming the future. Adding 1 D won't fix what ails this squad.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Germany and Norway play a relegation game. Canada is done. But I thought ALL teams stick around to the end of the tournament?
i thought so as well. i dont think players come back early regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad