Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Owen Sound gave up their 1st rounder 2023 for what seems like decent but not elite by any means types of players. Looks like they are buyers - one of the teams that was unknown if they would buy or sell.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Owen Sound gave up their 1st rounder 2023 for what seems like decent but not elite by any means types of players. Looks like they are buyers - one of the teams that was unknown if they would buy or sell.
That deal makes zero sense to me.
Seemed like a steep price for two good players from a team I'm not sure should be adding at all let alone subtracting their 07 first rounder..
Does beg the question though what are some contenders who are already light on assets ( Rangers and Knights come to mind ) going to do with this odd set up to the deadline...

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Seemed like a steep price for two good players from a team I'm not sure should be adding at all let alone subtracting their 07 first rounder..
Does beg the question though what are some contenders who are already light on assets ( Rangers and Knights come to mind ) going to do with this odd set up to the deadline...
Lights adds and that's it. MM is not shy in saying this year is exceeding all expectations but the goal is still building the future. He has gone in debt before to "go for it", he won't (I HOPE/HE CAN'T) do it again. The biggest addition this year, and the one that may see this team go further than last year is the coaching staff. That's the difference maker.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
they were never selling, posted that a few times.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
Looks like they're going to try and make a small run with their core like we did last year. Weird choice as they would be lucky to make it past the second round.

The scarier thing here for me is the price they paid for a few good, but not game-changing players. If MM kicked the tires on Smith and heard it was going to cost Romano I'm glad he walked away as I don't see the value there.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Seems a little light for OS sending their first round pick. Perhaps they weren't happy with Addy's progress etc

Still not convinced we won't get something decent for Romano if he would be moved. Not all first round picks are created equal.

Possible that trade is even looking to next season. McCue is 05 and Smith would be OA.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Important factors is OS lack of picks and a 05 in return.
Rangers have a lack of picks too. We have to decide what is more important.
-keeping our ‘24 picks (2nd, 3rd, and 4th) that gives the 07 group a shot at a good supporting cast.
-refusing to trade an 07.

Addressing our depth in a meaningful way will be an impossibility doing both the above

OS showed that they can buy in bulk with the inclusion of their 07 1st rounder. I suggested as much in my Romano to Windsor for Abraham and picks hypothetical.

If we chose to deal a 1st rounder, it doesn’t have to be the traditional 1st plus picks for an elite player.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Rangers have a lack of picks too. We have to decide what is more important.
-keeping our ‘24 picks (2nd, 3rd, and 4th) that gives the 07 group a shot at a good supporting cast.
-refusing to trade an 07.

Addressing our depth in a meaningful way will be an impossibility doing both the above

OS showed that they can buy in bulk with the inclusion of their 07 1st rounder. I suggested as much in my Romano to Windsor for Abraham and picks hypothetical.

If we chose to deal a 1st rounder, it doesn’t have to be the traditional 1st plus picks for an elite player.
I'm not moving Romano for the return OS got for Addy. Sorry.

No way prices stay up there. Reminds me of when Guelph got Suzuki and Durzi cheap at the deadline.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I'm not moving Romano for the return OS got for Addy. Sorry.

No way prices stay up there. Reminds me of when Guelph got Suzuki and Durzi cheap at the deadline.
Neither am I. Romano should bring more.

My hypothetical, Romano and a 4th’27(Kit)* for Abraham and 2nd’24(Nia), 2nd’26(Win), 4th’26(Ott).

That’s a better deal for Romano I believe. Abraham was over a point a game last year before his injury and that 2nd’24(Nia) would be huge. We’d give up that 4th in ‘27 as Abraham likely plays an OA season.

MM could then flip that 2nd’26(Win) for blueline help and Bob’s your uncle.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad