Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
IMG_6542.jpeg
Looks to be Done for the night

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Parsons solid. 4th line was the best line. The intensity they provide needs to be copied by the top guys. Sop I thought was bad….look like he was playing pond hockey at times. Sale…I’ll give him a couple more games but I’m not blown away by what he provides. Get the Swick - Razor - Mesar line back together. Lam was our best top 9 forward tonight. When your 4th line is your best line and your 16 year old is the best top 9 forward it’s going to be a be ugly..exactly what it was. Special teams was bad.

Rangers2022

Dec 15, 2022
Hope Mesar is ok. Special teams won the game. You can't give London a 5 on 3.
A lot of penalties this game, and our power play was terrible.
We had a lot of power play chances when we were up 2-1 and than give up a short handed goal.
Than on London's 5 on 3 they score.
Like you said special teams were a hugh part of this game.
Also thought Eduard Sale looked a little lost.
But it will take some time, he has only been here recently.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Parsons was the best player on the ice. Get Sale away from Rehkopf for now. Get him a little success on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Going primarily with four D will be this team’s downfall. Barely saw Campbell after the first. I suspect he was shaken up with that hit he took from I think Gazizov?

Ranger77

Dec 29, 2014
A disappointing effort overall. Score was much closer than it should have been. London's best players were better than our top players. Swick did not have much compete level tonight. He's fortunate that Sop didn't score on his rush in the first period because the goal would have been called back with Swick making little effort to clear the zone before Sop entered.

The Rangers looked intimidated (overwhelmed) in the first I thought. Not the best approach to playing against London. Parsons was the only reason the Rangers still had a chance to tie late in the game.

Parsons was the best player on the ice. Get Sale away from Rehkopf for now. Get him a little success on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Going primarily with four D will be this team’s downfall. Barely saw Campbell after the first. I suspect he was shaken up with that hit he took from I think Gazizov?
I agree with putting Sale on another line. I know it's a small sample size but can someone tell me what Sale brings to the team? Doesn't seem to have the skill level or vision that Mesar has.

Reactions: flamebird

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I agree with putting Sale on another line. I know it's a small sample size but can someone tell me what Sale brings to the team? Doesn't seem to have the skill level or vision that Mesar has.
It certainly didn't show up on Sale's stat line in Barrie, but that may have had to do with the talent level of his linemates. He was an NHL first round pick for a reason.

Reactions: bobber

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Further, when we’re running with a thin D corps, they can’t be taking penalties. 10 of the 16 min in penalties tonight were served by the D.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I thought Rangers pushback in the first was solid. They were not intimidated IMHO at all. BUT they were careful not to get sucked into penalties and certainly cleared the net to protect Parsons from the goon squad. The same goon squad that took out Mesar. Note to Burchell...there are few choir boys on that team.

London is tough in its own end but has issues when Rangers move the puck quickly and are hard on the puck. For me, first period to Kitchener.

Now, the 2nd period was more London than Kitchener. They are overly aggressive on the PK and ready to pounce on any mistake (as was on display for the shortie). The other goal of course was on the PP....the place that Kitchener does not want to be with the top PP in the league. No team does. Parsons was stellar. Lots of penalties both ways. Burchell was warming up.

I felt that the 3rd period started off well and Rangers were getting back to their game but then Burchell strikes again. That 5 on 3 was a game changer for London.

I'd like to note that the London Dive Team is back in action. One tap on a skate or bump of some sort, they fly to the ice...some mortally wounded in an Oscar-like fashion.

Overall.....not a blow out by London in any way. It was 2-2 up to receiving the 5 on 3 which put London ahead. Only a matter of time before they scored.

Issue.....Kitchener's best players were NOT their best players....unlike London who did their job. This MUST change in today's game. Oh....and more pucks on the net and less passing around like a hot potato. Shoot and go to the net.

Hopefully, no Burchell today.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers2022

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Parsons kept the score down in this game for sure. Rangers soft passing and those no look back passes to the invisible man picked off the whole game. Came out flat in the first. Spent too much time in the defensive end and failed to get pucks out several times. Hunter hockey by the Knights. Physical when needed and go down like they are pole axed when you bump them. Jussi described it as "flopping". Kind of like a beached sucker to use a fish analogy. On the Dirracolo penalty I am sure I could here Hunter yelling "play dead ". Knights played a more rounded solid game. Passes where hard and crisp. Simpson stood up when needed. They were the better team over all in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad