Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Was on a line with Rehkopf and Mesar
Swick-Sop-Misaljetic
Ellinas-Romano/Stark-Lam
Martin still wearing non contact.

Swick had been such a good comp player for Razor and Mesar. Spread the talent out.

Swick - Razor - Mesar
Sale - Sop - Misa
Martin - Ellinas - Lam

Not a big fan of putting your best 3 players together. Sop has 2 complementary players now with Misa and Swick. While both solid players they aren’t going to carry a line. Mesar / Rehkopf and Sop / Sale could carry a line and fill the last spot with a comp player. Then when Martin returns he has young stud Lam to play with and Ellinas being hopefully a good comp player for those 2 and a decent center (which we’ve seen him play very little of).

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Wow...Roman Schmidt suspended for 6 games.

He exceeded 3 fighting majors for the season? Was that in Kitchener? Did I blink?

Swick had been such a good comp player for Razor and Mesar. Spread the talent out.

Swick - Razor - Mesar
Sale - Sop - Misa
Martin - Ellinas - Lam

Not a big fan of putting your best 3 players together. Sop has 2 complementary players now with Misa and Swick. While both solid players they aren’t going to carry a line. Mesar / Rehkopf and Sop / Sale could carry a line and fill the last spot with a comp player. Then when Martin returns he has young stud Lam to play with and Ellinas being hopefully a good comp player for those 2 and a decent center (which we’ve seen him play very little of).
Agreed. My understanding is that Mesar and Sale play a similar game so why not split those 2 up? He would look great with Missile and Sop.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Swick - Razor - Mesar
Sale - Sop - Misa
Martin - Ellinas - Lam

Among the top nine, I have Ellinas and Lam as 8th and 9th. For me, best to have them on separate lines.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Among the top nine, I have Ellinas and Lam as 8th and 9th. For me, best to have them on separate lines.

I have no issues switching Misa and Lam. Another reason to separate is they are the 2 youngest in the top 9.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
He exceeded 3 fighting majors for the season? Was that in Kitchener? Did I blink?
IIRC, two with us. Then #3 and #4 with Fronts. I think it's two games for exceeding three fight majors, the other games for fighting when other player didn't want to and leaving gloves on

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Swick Rehkopf Mesar
Martin Sop Sale
Miseljevic Ellinas Lam
Bottineau Mercer Pugliese

Romano and Stark play if someone is hurt.

Ideally I’d like to have Romani in the lineup but I can’t see him bumping anyone in the top nine. Bottineau would be the odd man out on the fourth line but he plays more of a fourth line style of play over Romano. They can swap each other based upon their play.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Swick Rehkopf Mesar
Martin Sop Sale
Miseljevic Ellinas Lam
Bottineau Mercer Pugliese

Romano and Stark play if someone is hurt.

Ideally I’d like to have Romani in the lineup but I can’t see him bumping anyone in the top nine. Bottineau would be the odd man out on the fourth line but he plays more of a fourth line style of play over Romano. They can swap each other based upon their play.
Ideally, I’d like to have Romani in the lineup too. But I’m thinking NB would take issue with that! (Sorry! I just had to!).

But seriously, once all are healthy, Romano and Stark will be hard pressed to bump any of the top 12 out. If they slot in, it’s because someone is hurt or hurting.

I get putting Sale with Rehkopf and Mesar. At least for now. Get him kick started in the best situation possible to put up points.

Lots of time to smooth out the lines. Ideally, once Martin returns, we’ll see three evenly spaced lines.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Ideally, I’d like to have Romani in the lineup too. But I’m thinking NB would take issue with that! (Sorry! I just had to!).

But seriously, once all are healthy, Romano and Stark will be hard pressed to bump any of the top 12 out. If they slot in, it’s because someone is hurt or hurting.

I get putting Sale with Rehkopf and Mesar. At least for now. Get him kick started in the best situation possible to put up points.

Lots of time to smooth out the lines. Ideally, once Martin returns, we’ll see three evenly spaced lines.
Yes, with Martin still out, get Sale up there with Rehkopf and Mesar and see what damage they can do. I'd also get Sale on PP1. Once Martin returns, put Swick up on one and get Sale on 2 with Martin and Sop. Missile down to 3 to help anchor the kids. 4th line.....I'd leave that well enough alone. They have embraced their role and seemingly relish it.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Yes, with Martin still out, get Sale up there with Rehkopf and Mesar and see what damage they can do. I'd also get Sale on PP1. Once Martin returns, put Swick up on one and get Sale on 2 with Martin and Sop. Missile down to 3 to help anchor the kids. 4th line.....I'd leave that well enough alone. They have embraced their role and seemingly relish it.
Where does Sale usually play on the PP? Point? Half wall? Net front? Where did he play at WJC?
That’ll determine where he plays on our PP and what unit.

PP1
Rehkopf. Martin. Mesar.
Brzustewicz. Sale.

PP2
Rehkopf. Swick. Miseljevic.
Brzustewicz. Sop.

That’s assuming Sale is on the point. If he’s on the half wall, swap him onto PP2 in Miseljevic’s spot, and Miseljevic goes to PP1.

I really don’t want to split up Rehkopf / Mesar on PP1. Martin and Swick obvious net front.

Reactions: Gondrex

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is there a timeline on a Martin return? May have been mentioned in here before and I'm forgetting it.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I know they’ve been rare for this team over the last 3 years but I like the rangers chances in a shootout.
Sale, Mešár, Sop, Rehkopf, Lam

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
By the way, big shout out to Paul Bissonette. I listened to the podcast today, and Biznasty talked up the Ranger organization big time. He said that any of you kids out there that are looking to go NCAA, he said, “No! Go to Kitchener”.

I hope some of the flyers that we took chances on our listening!!!

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
By the way, big shout out to Paul Bissonette. I listened to the podcast today, and Biznasty talked up the Ranger organization big time. He said that any of you kids out there that are looking to go NCAA, he said, “No! Go to Kitchener”.

I hope some of the flyers that we took chances on our listening!!!
If we're the Man U of the CHL, who was our Beckham?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad