Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Outside food and drinks, backpacks, and flags are not longer allow to be brought into the games.You knew it was coming Sooner or later.
This was already listed as rules on The Aud's website back from November 29th 2022 (thanks to the Wayback Machine it can be seen). However I don't see anything before November showing that bags and outside food and drink were not allowed, so it was probably new last year and they might just not have enforced it. The flag part does seem to be new though.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
So with Rake, Brzz, Hamara, and Ando out,...and Edwards in net, I did NOT expect the kind of pushback that the team had in last night's game.

Stark scores 4 times, Reid scores, Lam 2 assists, Ellinas 2 assists, and Campbell assisted on Swick's goal. As for Mercer (who it's hoped will up his game this season with more ice time), he had 3 assists. Missy got to Rangers 3rd goalie Edwards early but then he settled in and that's with 3 Rangers D at NHL camps.

Exhibition game....sure.....but more than I expected. Looking forward to see if they can repeat tonight!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
That's my take away too. The pushback and finding jump is encouraging. I know we can't take much from pre-season against bare bones rosters, but you can take some things away. This team is already more organized, motivated and composed than anything we saw under Chris Dennis.
Its very early to jump to conclusions, so here's me jumping to conclusions anyways.
Finally the Rangers got away from their "we're a development league for coaches". I suspect maybe their scouts were read the riot act before last season and to start doing their job and not rely on "Everyone wants to play for the Rangers" mantra!

It will be interesting in a sell year on how this team will perform under this coaching regime. I know were rebuilding but I dont really know the status of other teams rebuild to garner a guess for the standings. But it appears to be an interesting yr in a good sense!!

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Its very early to jump to conclusions, so here's me jumping to conclusions anyways.
Finally the Rangers got away from their "we're a development league for coaches". I suspect maybe their scouts were read the riot act before last season and to start doing their job and not rely on "Everyone wants to play for the Rangers" mantra!

It will be interesting in a sell year on how this team will perform under this coaching regime. I know were rebuilding but I dont really know the status of other teams rebuild to garner a guess for the standings. But it appears to be an interesting yr in a good sense!!
I hope you're right Ward. That's what this organization needed - a wake up call and shake up of the country club. If that's what has happened, hallelujah!

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Is anyone else in the Kitchener Rangers fan group on Facebook? You should see all of the uproar over the no outside food or drinks rule.

People want to boycott going to games, call the Rangers and the Aud greedy. Not that the Rangers have anything to do with the rules of the arena. People are not going to re new their season tickets next year over it.

Good luck finding other arenas, stadiums, sporting venues that let people walk in with their own food or drinks.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Is anyone else in the Kitchener Rangers fan group on Facebook? You should see all of the uproar over the no outside food or drinks rule.

People want to boycott going to games, call the Rangers and the Aud greedy. Not that the Rangers have anything to do with the rules of the arena. People are not going to re new their season tickets next year over it.

Good luck finding other arenas, stadiums, sporting venues that let people walk in with their own food or drinks.
Also comes down to if they enforce it. Because they didn't last year even though the rule was in place, and they didn't during the preseason games.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Don't people on Facebook look for drama to fill their days? I think the Aud always had the rule just never enforced it. Just buy a George Costanza puffy coat and bring your pretzels and licorice in up the sleeves. Warning glass beer bottles clanging together might get you caught. :popcorn:

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023

Mostly just boomers who have no idea about the business operation side of the team. Every team in the league has the same rules People were calling for a reputable coach than go right to complaining about the ticket prices.Kinda entertaining tho

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
I'm a Rangers fan in Knights territory so I frequent the Bud often. People would riot if they brought in what Bud Gardens does for games. I can't wait for the uproar when the Aud eventually adds security scanners.

Reactions: sbpointer

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
So with Rake, Brzz, Hamara, and Ando out,...and Edwards in net, I did NOT expect the kind of pushback that the team had in last night's game.

Stark scores 4 times, Reid scores, Lam 2 assists, Ellinas 2 assists, and Campbell assisted on Swick's goal. As for Mercer (who it's hoped will up his game this season with more ice time), he had 3 assists. Missy got to Rangers 3rd goalie Edwards early but then he settled in and that's with 3 Rangers D at NHL camps.

Exhibition game....sure.....but more than I expected. Looking forward to see if they can repeat tonight!
Good to see all the rookies playing with confidence that will only grow. The only thing that worries me but will change as it goes is Lam getting caught with his head down multiple times so far excited how they’ve developed by the deadline.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

By and large, no good ever comes from Facebook.

Reactions: sbpointer

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Don't people on Facebook look for drama to fill their days? I think the Aud always had the rule just never enforced it. Just buy a George Costanza puffy coat and bring your pretzels and licorice in up the sleeves. Warning glass beer bottles clanging together might get you caught. :popcorn:
Ahhh you're no rookie but a wised seasoned veteran.
Scottish heritage??? :)

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'm a Rangers fan in Knights territory so I frequent the Bud often. People would riot if they brought in what Bud Gardens does for games. I can't wait for the uproar when the Aud eventually adds security scanners.
We went to games in Kingston years ago and they were checking bags and stuff at the door. I think the elephant in the room in this issue is the price of food and drinks at the Aud. We were in Belleville rink and got 2 bottles of water and they gave us change back for a five. We looked around waiting for someone to say " Smile, your on Candid Camera".

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Checking bags and no food or drinks into the games may be just a precaution (especially drinks but not food) is an unopened waterbottle or can being tossed could severely injure a person. A waffle not so much... ;)
But we know its probably about the money......its always about the money.

I think its much ado about nothing, don't see it really being enforced to any degree....carry on as usual!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Mostly just boomers who have no idea about the business operation side of the team. Every team in the league has the same rules People were calling for a reputable coach than go right to complaining about the ticket prices.Kinda entertaining tho
Boomers? I resemble that! You must be on Facebook if you know everyone's age Krangers08?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad