Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Russo? Is he not the journalist who insinuated Kaprizov signed with CSKA and had no contact with Minnesota due to threats from authorities, the mob, Putin, evil dancing bears, etc?

Yet now, after Fletcher actually makes a solid effort to contact Kaprizov, he's right there to report on the meeting?

What a dishonest and sensationalist bigot.
Bigot? Oh please.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
i thought he could buy his way out if he wanted to?
Nope, someone noted recently that that's no longer an option. I don't know how recent that change was or any of the details, but it must have been a change in the most recent CBA (or whatever their equivalent of that is).

Anyone have the source on that comment? Maybe Russo's article on Kaprizov a month or so back?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nope, someone noted recently that that's no longer an option. I don't know how recent that change was or any of the details, but it must have been a change in the most recent CBA (or whatever their equivalent of that is).

Anyone have the source on that comment? Maybe Russo's article on Kaprizov a month or so back?
Here's the bit from that article:

Under new KHL rules, Milstein said a player can’t buy himself out of his KHL contract or be bought out of his KHL contract without 18 months prior notice.

So it's possible, but when they have to give 18 months notice it's kind of moot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Here's the bit from that article:

So it's possible, but when they have to give 18 months notice it's kind of moot.
Ah yes, that's right, thank you. So technically he could leave a little early, but the odds of that are so slim.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Or at least some team with a bunch of Russians on it does. Man, they are really spreading out the scoring on that team. There's a KHL superstar per line.
I don't think those are the lines. It looks like everyone's just listed in jersey-number-order.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
He's been stuck with lesser-skilled line mates all season with CSKA. It's no surprise that when he's put on a line with NHL caliber players that he produces greatly.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
1+1 so far in the 2nd in the last friendly (vs Korea) before the Olympics start. It looks like the Gusev - Shipachev - Kaprizov line is going to be good.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
1+1 so far in the 2nd in the last friendly (vs Korea) before the Olympics start. It looks like the Gusev - Shipachev - Kaprizov line is going to be good.

That sounds good! Are Gusev and Shipachyov on the same line on SKA as well? I ask because if so, there may be some mad chemistry on that line.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That sounds good! Are Gusev and Shipachyov on the same line on SKA as well? I ask because if so, there may be some mad chemistry on that line.

Yeah, they are. They had Dadonov on that line before, now it's Kaprizov. They looked great, and when they were on the ice, it always looked like Russia had PP. Of course, it was vs Korea. Other teams will be much tougher.

Reactions: BagHead

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Minnesota should get Gusev from Las Vegas, I doubt he'll come there after that Shipachev disaster. And him and Kaprizov are money together.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, isn't it still unclear that even Kaprizov is coming? Acquiring another unclear asset would be just blind gambling.

And Vegas is doing pretty well without Shipachev, maybe he just wasn't a match with Vegas. Or had different goals than the team. Dunno.

Nice to see Kirill doing well though.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, isn't it still unclear that even Kaprizov is coming? Acquiring another unclear asset would be just blind gambling.

And Vegas is doing pretty well without Shipachev, maybe he just wasn't a match with Vegas. Or had different goals than the team. Dunno.

Nice to see Kirill doing well though.

Gusev's contract expires a year before Kaprizov's, so it isn't very long to wait. I don't actually know, what Minnesota's situation with LW, so the team probably doesn't even need another top6 LW... And as to Las Vegas, it's not about how good the team is, it's about, what certain player thinks about the team. It's just would be interesting to watch Gusev and Kaprizov together in the NHL, but of course Minnesota isn't the only alternative. I just wanna see Gusev in the NHL, and I doubt he'll agree to come to play for LV.

Reactions: W75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad