Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we had Haula, but I take your point. Folin was a similarly, badly handled situation. It's not like he was a great dman, but he looked decent pre injury last year, and considering the situation we find ourselves in now( no RHD in bottom pair), he 'd sure be an upgrade. Also liked the way he and Brodin played together.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's funny to think back about how people talked about Cullen prior to his initial departure, and then the pining for him to come back. It was/is the same thing with Brodziak.

Reactions: Bazeek

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's funny to think back about how people talked about Cullen prior to his initial departure, and then the pining for him to come back. It was/is the same thing with Brodziak.

I guess you're recollection of Cullen's departure differs from mine. Basically everyone around here wanted to resign him, but the money was just never going to work.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I guess you're recollection of Cullen's departure differs from mine. Basically everyone around here wanted to resign him, but the money was just never going to work.
I remember personally getting very frustrated with him, as he was playing a second line center role behind Koivu, but wasn't producing like one. He'd produce like a 1st line center for about a month, then score 10 points the rest of the season. If he were playing a 3rd or 4th line center role, I'd have loved him. Heck, I still love him, just not when he's floating aimlessly around our defensive zone.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I remember personally getting very frustrated with him, as he was playing a second line center role behind Koivu, but wasn't producing like one. He'd produce like a 1st line center for about a month, then score 10 points the rest of the season. If he were playing a 3rd or 4th line center role, I'd have loved him. Heck, I still love him, just not when he's floating aimlessly around our defensive zone.

He looks gassed. Way too much heavy lifting for a man his age.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Wow, this thread has run aground on the rocks of off-topicality....

True... well for Athletic subscribers there will be a profile soon on Kaprizov from Scott Wheeler in his "The Gifted" series. It's been very interesting so far and this will be the 10th of 10.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Here's that Scott Wheeler piece on Kaprizov.

The Gifted: What makes Wild draftee Kirill Kaprizov one of...

Interesting breakdown of his game. Really hoping we see this kid in a Wild sweater.

Great analysis.

Whether or not he takes that skill set to Minnesota remains to be seen. Kaprizov has made it clear he wants to play in the NHL, but the where is in limbo.

Regardless, once he arrives he's destined to score goals. He's a star who uses positioning, shot location and a unique release to score as well as any young player not currently in the NHL.

That's not going to change, no matter what league or ice surface he plays on.

I fully agree with this conclusion.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I haven't posted an update in awhile but Kirill's statlines as of today are:

14g, 19a, 33pts in 32gp. Good for the team lead.

He's been getting mostly 2nd and 3rd line minutes playing with 2 other young players as well.

Overall, he's played as advertised. If he was on a more offensively skilled team, or if he had NHL caliber line mates - he would be putting up some very substantial numbers and his goal numbers would most likely improve. As of late, it seems like his line mates are having a hard time getting him the puck.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Would love to see him playing with Linus Omark this year, again. I have a feeling they'd be pushing for league leaders in goals and assists.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
New Year's update.

37 games, 15g, 21a, 36p, +17, 15:46 ToI, 18.8 s% (same as last year)

Leads teams in goals, assists and points.

League ranks:
9th points, 14th (tied) in goals, 12 (tied) in assists, 2nd (tied) GWG, 109th(tied) in shots.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Oh c'mon, it's been just 2.5 years since Kaprizov's draft, what's the hurry here. :sarcasm:
You forget that Minnesota is new to the ballpark of whiny Russians, or Russians in general.

But seriously, it’s about time. Hard to tell if the issue meeting him had anything to do with changing agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad