Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
I know it's like beating a dead horse, but we have to be patient, the Wild have no other choice. I do think Kaprizov will eventually play in the NHL. By the time the Wild get him, he should be coming right into his prime years. He doesn't have a whole lot left to prove on the international and KHL level.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
kid can do what's best for him or what he's comfortable with. it's out of our hands--this is the thing people find off putting about russian prospects but really this works out for us if he proves to be a decent NHLr even with the long wait. play it casual, Chuck--don't want pressure or resentment built up. Show interest, stay in contact.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
kid can do what's best for him or what he's comfortable with. it's out of our hands--this is the thing people find off putting about russian prospects but really this works out for us if he proves to be a decent NHLr even with the long wait. play it casual, Chuck--don't want pressure or resentment built up. Show interest, stay in contact.
The only major complaint I have with how this has worked out is that Kaprizov is slated to come over when Staal will be 35 (and will turn 36 in Oct 2020). We do have a few years to figure out our center situation though, and that should be top of the agenda regardless of Kaprizov.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kirill with some nice girls. He should ask them to give him some skating lessons. Not because his skating is bad, but because of teachers...

f706323aaffb4a2af42ba7499299cd93.jpg
Those young ladies were amazing, especially the one on the right. The Russians are always great when it comes to figure skating. Loved the Canadian ice dancers, too.

I think hockey players are pretty awed by what figure skaters can do on the ice, and the guts they have.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
People say 2020 season is long wait . But if you look at it next season is already the 2018-2019 season and after that it is the 2020-2021 season So shorter then what people are making it out to be.
Skipped a year, so, ya....it's bad.

I'm basically forgetting about KK. It he wants to come over, fine, if not, fine. Se you in two years, or not. Then we find out how good you are.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The only major complaint I have with how this has worked out is that Kaprizov is slated to come over when Staal will be 35 (and will turn 36 in Oct 2020). We do have a few years to figure out our center situation though, and that should be top of the agenda regardless of Kaprizov.

Getting some C talent is more important than anything.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Those young ladies were amazing, especially the one on the right. The Russians are always great when it comes to figure skating. Loved the Canadian ice dancers, too.

I think hockey players are pretty awed by what figure skaters can do on the ice, and the guts they have.

Btw, Zagitova's dad is Izhstal (VHL team) coach, so she should understand hockey pretty well. Probably that's why she looks so happy... or probably she always looks happy.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of them had a broken foot back in November, I think. Imagine recovering from that, then having to train for the Olympics, with all the stress that puts on the foot doing jumps, etc.. Amazing!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
People say 2020 season is long wait . But if you look at it next season is already the 2018-2019 season and after that it is the 2020-2021 season So shorter then what people are making it out to be.
Yeah, if only the world could skip a year like you just did....

this is 17-18, next is 18-19, then it's 19-20... THEN he could be coming over....

That's why I don't care about monitoring what he does at this point, as he's so far off still it makes no real difference to us. I'll care again once there's a chance he could be here again. Until then... *yawn*

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

this is 17-18, next is 18-19, then it's 19-20... THEN he could be coming over....

That's why I don't care about monitoring what he does at this point, as he's so far off still it makes no real difference to us. I'll care again once there's a chance he could be here again. Until then... *yawn*
Like I made up for an earlier post my bad. It’s still not as long as people are making it out to be. Also suit yourself about not caring about what he does.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

To be fair, he'll likely start playing at the end of the 19-20 season after his KHL season is over. Getting through that first ELC year would be a large incentive for him to sign.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
second round (conference semis), in OT, right now, playing Jokerit. If CSKA wins they move on. I think Kap scored his first goal of these playoffs today to send it to OT.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
That game went into 5th overtime. Jokerit won in the end 2-1 (142 min. 9 sec, longest game in the history of KHL) Karri Rämö (Jokeri-goalie) had more than 80 saves.

Series is now 3-2 for Kirill's team CSKA, so Eeli Tolvanen isn't travelling to Nashville yet. Kind of jealous though, because he'll be there after the KHL playoffs..

Last edited:
Reactions: FVM

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nice piece from Alessandro Seren Rosso: A Russian hero – Kaprizov had a knack for scoring big goals early

as CSKA moves on...

My favorite part of the article...

Kaprizov is only 20 years old and the future looks very bright. The young man isn’t rushing to the NHL and he recently signed a contract with CSKA that will run through the 2019-20 season. At that point, he will still be very young and ready to play his best hockey. And he will do it with the experience of an Olympic Gold Medal and – hopefully – at least a couple of IIHF WC participations. His run towards the Triple Gold Club has started and considering his talent no one would be surprised if he eventually would join that exclusive company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad