GDT: Kings vs. Ducks 5PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
With the entire team taking a night off, this is all you see? Stoner wouldn't have made any difference this game.

One trick pony. Because what the team that is get beaten to all the loose puck needs is more slow dumb players on the ice. :laugh:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Identify for me our quality wins this year? And where we have strung together good play against quality teams?

I didn't say we were bad. I said we weren't very good.

I don't think that's really fair considering our roster issues.

It's a fruitless exercise to count our "good" wins a fourth of the season in. I don't know what is a good win yet because I don't know who is good.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Clearly a game where over playing Getzlaf and Perry isn't going to help. They are 3 steps behind everyone tonight.

The 3 PP's in the 1st where there was very little effort did this one in.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don't think that's really fair considering our roster issues.

It's a fruitless exercise to count our "good" wins a fourth of the season in. I don't know what is a good win yet because I don't know who is good.

We are 3-5-2 against teams currently in a playoff position. One of those wins is against a Quick-less LA, one was against New Jersey on the first game of a road trip (where they were completely outplayed), and one was against Edmonton, who will all know is a fraud. (I'm counting tonight as a loss). The numbers are similar if you look at teams that were in the playoffs last year.

Again, I'm not saying the team is bad. I'm saying they're not very good, and I don't know what metric you're using to say that they are actually a good team.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We are 3-5-2 against teams currently in a playoff position. One of those wins is against a Quick-less LA, one was against New Jersey on the first game of a road trip (where they were completely outplayed), and one was against Edmonton, who will all know is a fraud. (I'm counting tonight as a loss). The numbers are similar if you look at teams that were in the playoffs last year.

Again, I'm not saying the team is bad. I'm saying they're not very good, and I don't know what metric you're using to say that they are actually a good team.

I don't know why you are determined to critique who is good or bad roght now. I'm not saying they are good or bad, it's too early for that. I don't think it's productive to start counting "good" wins 25% into a season.

Chexxum

Feb 1, 2007
San Diego, CA
I think Rakell's shot goes off Vermette's foot, 2 goal game for him?

EDIT: Just realized 5+ years of laziness has finally paid off and made my avatar relevant again :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I know I sound like a broken record but Carlyle is a god damn moron for breaking up Fowler-Manson. Fowler-Vatanen has never had much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad