GDT: Kings vs. Ducks 5PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Wagner's hits are his only asset. He checked a few guys over the boards. It's why everyone here loses their minds every time he's waived. He's not that good and never has been.

The 4th line plays 4 to 7 minutes of the game under RC. They spend most the time defending and playing the umbrella defensive system that RC has installed. Boll has 14 hits in 18 games, not because he doesn't want to hit people, but because he has very few chances in his 4 minutes of ice. The same will be true for any guy on our 4th line with the ice time that they are given. Of the forwards Wagner, is 2nd on the team in hits, 39 and Garbutt is tied for 3rd with 34, and that's with their very minimal ice time.

My question is, when Carlyle was brought in he was here to hold guys accountable. Show me one example of how he's done that when veteran guys haven't performed. he has plenty of chances, especially last night in the 1st and 2nd period. He doesn't, nothing has changed under RC with regards to effort.

Last edited:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Have not been able to watch many games so far this season, how's Ritchie looking? Has he taken the next step?

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
D was crap. Lindholm and Manson were okay, but the other 4 were ****. I'm pretty sure Bieksa could pull his pants down and take a fat **** at center ice, and we will still dress him for some reason.

Fowler and Vatanen were garbage too. Again, Randy is a ******** for not going with the obvious pairings of Lindholm-Vatanen; Fowler-Manson.

At least then he couldn't fall on our goaltender. Let's get that man some ex-lax!

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
Have not been able to watch many games so far this season, how's Ritchie looking? Has he taken the next step?

I think he's about where he should be. Getting the hang of board play and how to make himself available for passes. He definitely doesn't look like he doesn't belong on the top line. Hopefully he keeps improving.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Those first ~37 minutes or so of play was probably the biggest pile of crap I've seen us produce in a while. We looked, from top to bottom, like an AHL team. The effort level was not there at all. The Kings consistently got past our coasting defenders and then they'd swing our sticks around in desperation to compensate, usually resulting in a stupid penalty. (what the hell was that one with Getzlaf?) Utter crap that was.

We pulled it together towards the end of the 2nd and had one of our best periods of the season IMO in the 3rd (fricking Manson hit the post of course :laugh:) but damn, that was hard to watch. And against the Kings, no less.

On a separate, but related note, I really like Kase's play. No, I don't think he's quite NHL ready, and his shortcomings in size and strength were especially apparent against the Kings, but he made some nice passes and showed no fear at all of digging pucks out of the corners or throwing his body around, despite his size. Still needs some seasoning, but he was one of the few people that showed up to play those first two periods.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
"Vive la revolution!"

New chant for use against the Kings.

French Revolution reference btw, please reconsider 7th grade if unfamiliar.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
wow that was a crapfest.

full domination by a depleted team on a back to back.

bieksa was in full suck mode, can we move him to 4th line forward? only get 5 or so minutes a game and wouldn't be fighting with gibson for crease space all night.

we have to be able to play our 4th line more. our first two are gonna be totally gassed by the end of the season.

we need a better third line... 2nd line can't carry us forever and our first is off and on.

not sure it was this game or last one, but lol at hazy saying the coaching staff wants more offense...it's randy ****ing carlyle man. he wants more offense, get a better system.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As much as I saw I really liked Kase. Of course he`s far from being a regular NHL ready player but he looked good. Had some creativity and put puks to the net (sometimes they didn`t got through Kings defense but hey, someone has to do it. At least he tried and looked like he has a good nose for offense just looked too ''rookie`ish'').
I hope Crammarossa is back soon and we can send him back down to get more of an impact role with the Gulls and call him back every now and then for a cup of coffee this season. I really hope he will keep working hard and even harder as without that he will not make it. But if he makes it, he can be a nice 3d liner pretty soon.

Not too shabby for a 7th round pick, who knows what his total ceiling look like.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
bieksa was in full suck mode, can we move him to 4th line forward? only get 5 or so minutes a game and wouldn't be fighting with gibson for crease space all night.

Agree ever so much. He's done it before, right? Not all that often but he's played up front for a few games over the years. It would make sense in so many ways to just give it a try. It's not like there's much to lose.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Agree ever so much. He's done it before, right? Not all that often but he's played up front for a few games over the years. It would make sense in so many ways to just give it a try. It's not like there's much to lose.

Bieksarossa line if Sgarbossa would still have been here

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
What's the game requirement for Bieksa to be protected as a forward? :laugh:

Piggybacking on this, but what's actually stopping teams from doing this? What if we move Vats to forward and then protect him as a forward?

Pretty sure there has to be something that prevents this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad