GDT: Kings vs. Ducks 5PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Down 3 - 0 close it to 3 - 2 like the fight to try to comeback too bad couldn't do it and at least get 1 point in the standings. No Kopitar and we couldn't take advantage on home ice :rant:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
D was crap. Lindholm and Manson were okay, but the other 4 were ****. I'm pretty sure Bieksa could pull his pants down and take a fat **** at center ice, and we will still dress him for some reason.

Fowler and Vatanen were garbage too. Again, Randy is a ******** for not going with the obvious pairings of Lindholm-Vatanen; Fowler-Manson.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Down 3 - 0 close it to 3 - 2 like the fight to try to comeback too bad couldn't do it and at least get 1 point in the standings. No Kopitar and we couldn't take advantage on home ice :rant:

No Kopitar, Gaborik, or Quick. Plus LA played yesterday. Unacceptable effort really.

Oct 18, 2011
first two periods were awful completely dominated 5 on 5 against a kings team without Kopitar, once again 4th line is a non factor, and Bieksa is our worst dman once again, can't even receive basic passes and is always bumping our goalie

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I missed the game other than the last 5 mins how did kase look

Flashy at times. Honestly once Crammer is back, I'd rather go with both of them and scratch one of Wagner/Boll. Boll blows but at least he tries to be physical. Wagner is just kind of there.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
BTW - This is why you shouldn't make an achievement thread on the main boards 20 games into the season.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Flashy at times. Honestly once Crammer is back, I'd rather go with both of them and scratch one of Wagner/Boll. Boll blows but at least he tries to be physical. Wagner is just kind of there.

I agree. Kase has great transition offensive positioning instincts and has been solid overall. It's clear he needs to get stronger though because he's been beaten up along the boards at times.

What happened to Wagner's physicality!? He used to deliver a "wow" hit once per game, now you hardly even notice him. Disappointing

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I agree. Kase has great transition offensive positioning instincts and has been solid overall. It's clear he needs to get stronger though because he's been beaten up along the boards at times.

What happened to Wagner's physicality!? He used to deliver a "wow" hit once per game, now you hardly even notice him. Disappointing

Boudreau's influence, clearly.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
On a more serious note, I do wonder what happened to Wagner's physical play. One of the best parts of his game was how aggressive he was.

Disappointing is definitely the word I'd use too. He needs to get that back.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
On a more serious note, I do wonder what happened to Wagner's physical play. One of the best parts of his game was how aggressive he was.

I wonder if that 2 year one way contract made him feel he had it made. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully he figures it out and gets back to his old forceful way.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Vermette officially won 20 of 21 faceoffs tonight, or 95%.

I don't know if this is a NHL record for faceoff winning pct in one game (based on minimum attempts greater than ... 10 ? 20 ?), but it should be pretty close. I don't know what happened on his one loss, but I see an obvious opportunity for improvement :sarcasm:

Congrats to Vermy :handclap:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Like Johnny said below, it almost seems like he's content. Maybe being center makes it more difficult for him to be physical, but God, he's been awful.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Just got home from game. I honestly didn't know Wagner played...
Fowler had a tough game. Not picking on him, but messed some coverages up in front of net,
And made some pretty bad outlet passes.
Vermette awesome, doing everything we would ask of him well.
Bieksa plays like the kid in pick up that wears number four and thinks he's Bobby Orr, and we all make fun of him. My God, he is awful.

Vats meh
How can you get outclassed by a short handed Kings team on B2b

Not a terrible team, but IMO not a very good team either.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Wagner's hits are his only asset. He checked a few guys over the boards. It's why everyone here loses their minds every time he's waived. He's not that good and never has been.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
The Kings, when on their game, are better than the Devils. A dash of solid goal-tending and the Ducks lost this with their own terrible play early in the second.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Bieksa interferes with Gibson for the 1st goal by knocking a forward into him (again) then stops him from raising his blocker to attempt the save, and then decides just after giving up a PP goal it's a good idea to hold onto a forward for no reason to give up another PP. Up there with Boll for biggest waste of space on the roster. Wonder when Vatanen is going to wake up too, can't recall a more disappointing Ducks player on the back of a big contract extension in recent memory, really needs to start playing like a 5m defenceman.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
As I said when we waived him, Wagner has been useless the whole season I can't remember a good thing he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad