Kings News: Kings Trade Ehrhoff for Scuderi

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Scuderi hasn't even played a game yet and people already want to take him out back.

People also are ignoring the fact that the Kings and Blackhawks have two very different teams. I expect Scuderi to play solid hockey in a very limited role on the third pairing. Something along what McBain has been playing - 8-10 minutes per game.

Dean's pretty sharp. He knows what he's doing. Everyone wanted to burn down the village after we traded Weal and a ****ing third round pick.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Scuderi hasn't even played a game yet and people already want to take him out back.

People also are ignoring the fact that the Kings and Blackhawks have two very different teams. I expect Scuderi to play solid hockey in a very limited role on the third pairing. Something along what McBain has been playing - 8-10 minutes per game.

Dean's pretty sharp. He knows what he's doing. Everyone wanted to burn down the village after we traded Weal and a ****ing third round pick.

Dean also thought signing Ehrhoff was a good idea.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The only beef I have with that is who does he play with? We're top heavy with puck movers, bottom heavy with plodders.

I could see Schenn/Scuderi being fantastic on the PK and helping DOughty relieve some minutes there, and if what the Mayor says about Greene coming back is true too...

Anyway, to the first point, our top three guys are Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez. The only puck mover type past them is McBain. Then you have McNabb, Schenn, Scuderi, (Greene), Forbort, Gravel scrapping for minutes. Did I miss anyone? Anyway, problem is that means Schenn is playing 2nd pairing minutes (I'm cooler with that than most are, I think) and Scuderi is down there with...McBain? That's what's gross about this.

Flipping Ehrhoff for a 6th round pick would have been beneficial. This is just now taking up a roster spot on the NHL team and a contract next year (If he doesn't retire)

I don't see the contract as a problem because I doubt we keep all our prospects, especially on D, some will have to go for picks, pointless to have guys bleeding all the way down into the ECHL at that position and some of them are redundant.

Last edited:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
The only beef I have with that is who does he play with? We're top heavy with puck movers, bottom heavy with plodders.

I could see Schenn/Scuderi being fantastic on the PK and helping DOughty relieve some minutes there, and if what the Mayor says about Greene coming back is true too...

Anyway, to the first point, our top three guys are Doughty, Muzzin, Scuderi. The only puck mover type past them is McBain. Then you have McNabb, Schenn, Scuderi, (Greene), Forbort, Gravel scrapping for minutes. Did I miss anyone? Anyway, problem is that means Schenn is playing 2nd pairing minutes (I'm cooler with that than most are, I think) and Scuderi is down there with...McBain? That's what's gross about this.

I don't see the contract as a problem because I doubt we keep all our prospects, especially on D, some will have to go for picks, pointless to have guys bleeding all the way down into the ECHL at that position and some of them are redundant.

Did Martinez get missed in there?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
DL didn't draft Simmonds...Futa was responsible for drafting Simmonds.

Fine. Then Lombardi got Muzzin signed for $4 million. Or maybe that was Solomon. Whatever, the Kings have an infrastructure of checks and balances. I was just saying that Lombardi didn't only think Ehrhoff was the answer. It was a late August signing. He's done other things.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
After thinking about this trade a little more it isn't to bad, it really costs us nothing and maybe Dean sees something in the room that is missing. Greene is a leader in the room and is out, Both Richards abs Stoll are no longer there and Williams is in Washington.

Scuderi is a veteran room presence who has won three cups. He is a defence first d-man with a playoff pedigree. The rosters will be expanding for the playoffs and I would rather see Scuds there as a 6/7 then Errorhoff or Forbort. He is up there in years but knows how to play in our system, something Ehrhoff didn't seem to adapt to.

I thought maybe DL had a separate deal that may involve McNabb and Scuds may have been a LHD insurance but I think DL wants him for leadership and possibly 8 to 10 mins a night of solid defensive positioning if he proves he can still be effective.

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I wish we had just kept Gravel in the lineup, he played really well in the games he was in, far better than McBain and far better than Scuderi will do.

Ditto here. I don't understand why he isn't being given a chance. Kid looks like he fits and feels comfortable on the ice. More games and he'll get even better.

I really don't understand the Scuderi thing either. I guess if he is going to retire, it makes sense. Get's a chance at another cup run, whether it's as a 6/7/ or 8 and retires a King. Maybe in our system he can manage 12-14 mins and help the defensive side, but probably not. Of course, I really didn't understand the Lecavalier trade either, and it's been a lot better than expected.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ditto here. I don't understand why he isn't being given a chance. Kid looks like he fits and feels comfortable on the ice. More games and he'll get even better.

I really don't understand the Scuderi thing either. I guess if he is going to retire, it makes sense. Get's a chance at another cup run, whether it's as a 6/7/ or 8 and retires a King. Maybe in our system he can manage 12-14 mins and help the defensive side, but probably not. Of course, I really didn't understand the Lecavalier trade either, and it's been a lot better than expected.

It's a Sutter rule, you make one mistake as a rookie, like in the Washington game, and you're done.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"To come back to a place that I know people, respect people, and have a chance to regain some success, it was very, very special for me."

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Scuderi hasn't missed a beat and picked up an assist just as an extra special **** you to anyone who thought he was going to suck.

"It's only one game!" Blow it out your blowhole.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Let's all be serious here. Most who are upset are simply being sensational because you hate blocking a young player (Gravel). Gravel isn't blocked though. He'll have to make his way in and Scuds will have to work his way out. If Scuds doesn't falter then we are happy.
He's cheap and a vet winner.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Scuderi works perfect with our system . I believe our system utilizes his strengths the most as a stay at home defenseman and should help lot. He looks real good out there .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad