Kings News: Kings Trade Ehrhoff for Scuderi

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
No problem with this, he's probably not going to play but it's nice to have someone who knows a thing or two about playing defense and can teach it to the younger guys. It's always good to have familiar faces back, especially the ones that contributed to our Cup wins.

Welcome back Scuds

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Cap hit for Scuderi will be roughly $1,000,000 and the Kings will be on the hook for $225,000 for Ehrhoff. Total they'll be saving roughly $270,000 over Ehrhoff's current contract. How can anyone not like that?

Because, unless Scuderi is retiring, we have to pay him money next year.

And unless we need that money we just saved because DL has someone else he's about to trade for, whats the point.

Of course, if it ends up that we DID make the trade and this savings was needed, then 100% by all means.

And let me clarify: I dont have this this trade. I'm just not sure I get it... yet

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Cap hit for Scuderi will be roughly $1,000,000 and the Kings will be on the hook for $225,000 for Ehrhoff. Total they'll be saving roughly $270,000 over Ehrhoff's current contract. How can anyone not like that?
Mainly because we are still stuck with a ****** player (on a worse contract/term) while still dressing AHLers in the top4?

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Ok some cap expert figure out the net effect here.

But it seems like we freed up cap space? If so, I'm hoping it means another move incoming.

getting scuderi will allow them to call up a couple guys to max out gaborik's ltir relief that will leave them with as much as 6.98mil cap space to work with.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Move along. Nothing to see here. Those bozos who tweeted that a trade was imminent didn't know what they were talking about. Evil clickbaiters.

I wonder who thought up this genius trade.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
getting scuderi will allow them to call up a couple guys to max out gaborik's ltir relief that will leave them with as much as 6.98mil cap space to work with.

You can't go over the roster limit and the Kings are there. So no they can't call anyone up. They had to send a player down to have Scuderi on the team.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I LOVE this trade. Love Scuderi. Not even because of his play, but he's been here and knows the players.. Awesome.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
I LOVE this trade. Love Scuderi. Not even because of his play, but he's been here and knows the players.. Awesome.
To bad, it isn't 2012 anymore, where he was an NHL-er. Love, Modry.
I see this trade as adding a pylon on a two year contract on the roster for a UFA to be AHL pylon we signed in the offseason.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Am really hoping coming back to LA will make him come alive.
I think in our system he will be just fine. Where both Pit and Chi take many more risks.
not even amused here.
There is time Lombardi has to start getting rid of the useless death weight on the Kings roster. The whole team-family concept is living on past sucess.
Brown, Clifford, Lewis in the first shakeup, Gaborik, King, Pearson, Andreoff, Nolan in the next one IF they don't produce at the NHL level.
It's time to stop cuddling the entire bottom6 for their suckage and offensive zone incompetence...

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Ehrhoff was a team worst -10, and he appeared in as many games as McBain who is only a -1.

I think some people are forgetting just how terrible Ehrhoff was. Easily the worst defenseman to don a Kings sweater since Randy Jones.

I went to the Reign game last Friday and saw Ehrhoff play.....def a few LOL moments.

No way Scuds could be any worse.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
not even amused here.
There is time Lombardi has to start getting rid of the useless death weight on the Kings roster. The whole team-family concept is living on past sucess.
Brown, Clifford, Lewis in the first shakeup, Gaborik, King, Pearson, Andreoff, Nolan in the next one IF they don't produce at the NHL level.
It's time to stop cuddling the entire bottom6 for their suckage and offensive zone incompetence...

Who takes these players off our hands without sending their own garbage back? What picks and prospects are you willing to give up to dump them on another team?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Vinny thing. As someone else pointed out he allegedly went east to be close to family; doubt he wants to stay out here for another year if he just gets buried in the minors after being a #7 for us.

But I am terrified because I'm sure Sutter intends to try him out, just hope he doesnt STICK with him if/when he sucks.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Sometimes they return...

I certainly didn't see this one coming. I hope that it's just a depth move and that Dean isn't done. It looks like a washup-for-washup trade, at least according to what Penguins fans were saying.

sweatypickle

Jul 19, 2005
Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Vinny thing. As someone else pointed out he allegedly went east to be close to family; doubt he wants to stay out here for another year if he just gets buried in the minors after being a #7 for us.

But I am terrified because I'm sure Sutter intends to try him out, just hope he doesnt STICK with him if/when he sucks.

I still can't see a player that didn't get paid until his late 20's giving up 3.3 million..

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
You can't go over the roster limit and the Kings are there. So no they can't call anyone up. They had to send a player down to have Scuderi on the team.

completely forgot mersch was called back up since he hasn't been playing. either way the kings should be able to get max ltir relief without moves now according to the insider blog.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
completely forgot mersch was called back up since he hasn't been playing. either way the kings should be able to get max ltir relief without moves now according to the insider blog.

It's one of those weird things and complicated by the fact we already have Greene on LTIR. So we really didn't have any cap space short of his anyway. But in theory it could give us more room if we move Gaborik to LTIR to make a move.

Wawota

Feb 9, 2007
Burbank
"This is the day of destiny. Don't you dare try to keep me off the ice" - Rob Scuderi to the doctor who asked him what day it was - beginning a concussion protocol on the night that the Kings won the Stanley Cup.

Scuds has courage and heart. You can never have too much of either of those commodities when you are chasing the Stanley Cup. He knows Defense too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad