Post-Game Talk: King's Game - Jets lose 4-3.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
US being dominated and Ol Jim Slater scores a short handed goal.....:clap:

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Why does ehlers Play Like crap and Looking scared? Well Maybe Because he just signed a 7 years old contract while Looking how Maurice uses him!! Im soon beginning to sound Like the professor but ehlers Play and how he is getting used pissing me off!! 12-14 Min every night ( I Know he has not earn more but still ) 3 games with Chef or Wheeler all year!! Only getting PP on second unit.. never on at 5 on 3... he feels Like he have to prove himself all the time... first 8 games of the season he was THE best player.. But Maurice have lost faith in Him!! So he Got no confidence!!! :(

Reactions: Calendal

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I also think it's a shoulder and agree they take time, he came back to soon I guess, but as others have said when Maurice says day to day in terms of an injury I get worried. Hope for the best for both going forward this team needs both on the ice.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Maurice correctly pointing out that that was not a particularly physical game and I agree. Many here seem to be making judgments based on the reputation of the LA Kings as opposed to what happened in that game.

Why does ehlers Play Like crap and Looking scared? Well Maybe Because he just signed a 7 years old contract while Looking how Maurice uses him!! Im soon beginning to sound Like the professor but ehlers Play and how he is getting used pissing me off!! 12-14 Min every night ( I Know he has not earn more but still ) 3 games with Chef or Wheeler all year!! Only getting PP on second unit.. never on at 5 on 3... he feels Like he have to prove himself all the time... first 8 games of the season he was THE best player.. But Maurice have lost faith in Him!! So he Got no confidence!!! :(

Have you seen Ehlers cut to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone? He is not afraid, he just makes some bad decisions with the puck.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Maybe Ehlers is beginning to realize that his buddy Laine is not helping his game any - those 2 do not click at all - and add any center you want and it won't help if these 2 are together.
I'm hoping Ehlers will get back some of his mojo soon - he looked slow tonight and I didn't think I would ever say that.
It's just one game but I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd and 3rd lines are back in the blender soon.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I also think it's a shoulder and agree they take time, he came back to soon I guess, but as others have said when Maurice says day to day in terms of an injury I get worried. Hope for the best for both going forward this team needs both on the ice.
I've actually found Maurice to be more and more upfront on injuries this season. Several times he has laid out to the media when a player would be non contact and when he would be contact and when they expected him back in the lineup.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Scheif would be the closest, but everything would need to be off the rush. It would ask a lot of him to be responsible on the defensive end as well as dig pucks out offensively as well. That's the problem with Ehlers and Laine together, no one to do the dirty work along the boards and in the corners.
That’s for sure one of the problems with that duo. But definitely not the only problem. Their play together is so badly connecting really that it is hard to find anything good to say about it. The worst chemistry I have ever seen with two of so talented players playing together.

Btw, as I mentioned today in another thread, Ehlers has assisted only two of Laine’s 5 on 5 goals this season, and Laine has assisted four of Ehlers’s 5 on 5 goals. During one of the breaks Viasat-channel was showing some goals that Finnish players had scored this season, and there came the goal that was redirected to the goal from Laine’s ass from Ehlers’s shot attempt on goal. So of the only 2 even strength goals that Ehlers has assisted to Laine this season, the other one was even a fluke goal, where neither of them was even in reality connecting with each others. The lack of connection between them is just simply breathtaking... :thumbd:

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I've actually found Maurice to be more and more upfront on injuries this season. Several times he has laid out to the media when a player would be non contact and when he would be contact and when they expected him back in the lineup.

I'll a lot more confident of their return when they get back on the ice even with yellow's on.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Not yet ;) well it used to be you sip telling players when they play Like crap to get them Going ;)

Sips said what?

1297872396270_ORIGINAL.jpg

What????????????????????????????????????????????????

Really Sips SAID?

tweet.0.gif

**** You **** You **** You

My best work so far...

Thanks Sip! :thumbu:

Reactions: sipowicz and Hulide

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I have no idea how our PK% has stayed as high as it is for this long. We are terrible at preventing chances, Helle has just saved our ass night in and night out. We can't expect him to do it every game.

4 PP goals against in the last 2 games. We're taking too many penalties to have a shitty PK so we need to clean up at least one of those issues.

We could easily have won this game. Was a 50/50 game and Kuemper actually outplayed Helle tonight. Oh well, on to the next one.

Oh ya and there is no reason for Hendricks to ever be in the lineup. He better be the best leader in NHL history because he is utterly useless out there.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Even the Kings' stupid uniforms are boring.

Oh well, on the plus side, Brown didn't "accidentally" end anyone's season with a knee or an elbow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The worry is that Lowry may come back but only last another game or too before aggravating it again.

Hopefully he comes back as close to 100% as possible.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That’s for sure one of the problems with that duo. But definitely not the only problem. Their play is so badly connecting really that it is hard to find anything good to say about it. The worst chemistry I have ever seen with two of so talented players playing together.

Btw, as I mentioned today in another thread, Ehlers has assisted only two of Laine’s 5 on 5 goals this season, and Laine has assisted four of Ehlers’s 5 on 5 goals. During one of the breaks Viasat-channel was showing some goals that Finnish players had scored this season, and there came the goal that was redirected to the goal from Laine’s ass from Ehlers’s shot attempt on goal. So of the only 2 even strength goals that Ehlers has assisted to Laine this season, the other one was even a fluke goal, where neither of them was even in reality connecting with each others. The lack of connection between them is just simply breathtaking... :thumbd:

Their play is so badly connected because neither has a hope along the walls or in tight -I guess you could say that splitting them up for that reason alone is justified - but then you have a watered down version of the same problem on 2 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad