Post-Game Talk: King's Game - Jets lose 4-3.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
f*** the Kings. I always hate playing them. The Jets never do well against the heavy teams, because they're always taking away the neutral zone and clogging everything up. The Jets can't adjust to this, and don't play a strong grinding game. There were some missed assignments to be sure (looking at you, Kulikov and rogue forward on Dustin Brown's goal).

Reactions: Jets2point0

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The following players were absolutely dreadful tonight:

Hendricks
Ehlers
Myers (I honestly hate watching him trying to make a pass in the defensive zone)
Petan

PK getting lit up at this point is not that bad if it gets Hendricks off of it for the playoffs.

Laine still not accomplishing much at 5 on 5. Nice goal on with the goalie pulled but not a great night for him either. Failed to connect on passes, he also needs to get the puck in deep if he gets it across the red line. Cannot afford those kinds of turnovers. Also has to stop trying to deke players out, it almost never works for him and results in a turnover or loss of possession at best most of the time.

Great games by Scheifele and Wheeler. Enstrom easily the best D.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
The bad 2nd period and stupid penalties sunk what was an otherwise salvagable game.

I thought Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler had a good game for the most part. They had some good chances.

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Re Reherey Ruck... Rion Raneuf roar on russ..

Ro.. Roh...

Shaggy's rhoal rirhn't ratter...

tumblr_ne3x6trCiW1s2wio8o1_500.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wasted a really good Zhamnov GDT on this loss!

Jets forwards who showed up, Wheeler, Schief, Little and Perreault and Laine with one minute left!

Guys slagging on 5 minute Petan but Ehlers, Connor, Roslo, Copp, Armia, Laine pretty much all MIA and did their best to avoid contact!

D okay, Helly average

No Trouba, Lowry and Tanev hurts against physical teams

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I sure hope this coaching staff comes prepared with strategies come playoff time. If not, we are sunk in typical playoff hockey games.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Meh, close loss against a good team all will be forgotten come puck drop on Friday. If they lose handily to the Blues again then there may be seeds of doubt

Reactions: FFHockey

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was a good learning experience in what they will more then likely deal with in the playoffs, lots of picks, holds and high physicality.

We were pretty darn undisciplined and our PK was bound to have a cold spell after the ridiculously hot spell they had prior to the last two games.

Buff, I loved how he played for the most part but he needs to get his act in order with regards to how many penalty minutes he takes. He's up to 86 already and is on pace to crush his highest totals. Its unacceptable to me that he puts the team in a short handed position as much as he does.

Toby was very good, Morrissey and Myers where solid enough. Kulikov and Chariot got eaten alive.

Laine was very good defensively and on the PP, but him and Ehelers arnt working right now. Ehlers had a real rough game and was not smart with the puck, he needs to learn how to play in these types of games.

The first line was good. The little line was just ok and the 4th didn't play enough to make a dent.

Helle hasn't been as strong this past stretch and could probably use a game off.

Reactions: Critical Mass

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Next 3 games against teams that like to muck it up, forwards on this team need to finish there checks on the fore check keep opposition on there toes, Petans days on this team are numbered and Armia has all but disappeared, have to find somebody that can play with Ehlers and Laine or split them up.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Kings were good, Jets not so much. 13 out of a possible 20 point home stand. Ill grade that a C+.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
6 3 1 homestand at this time of year is not very good. We do miss Troubs and Lowry. It really shows against the heavy teams. Ehlers played scared - doesn't bode well for his game in the playoffs. Gramps has had some somewhat decent games recently but tonight he was a joke. He looked like he doesn't belong in the NHL. Petan penalty stupidity off the chart.

I am getting worried about Helle. We need to start to work somebody into the rotation even if it may cost us a game or two.

Reactions: sipowicz

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also I think its a good time to get back on the road. I imagine the team has a bit of a bitter taste in their mouth after this past game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No problem with the end result tonight. We need a few more reminders of what playoff hockey in the West will be all about. There will be very few 6-1 and 7-2 track meets where players get to pad stats. B2B in STL and Dallas this weekend should start ramping up the pressure a little more. And I think tonight gets Chevy leaning a little more towards a TD deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad