Post-Game Talk: King's Game - Jets lose 4-3.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Let me know when Brandon Tanev has the opportunity with offensive players like Brian Little and Matthieu Perreault.

Like I said above, Roslo gets a lot of love for his speed and aggressiveness but he's been given a very good opportunity in who he's playing with. I'd like to see him find the net a bit more is all.
Roslovic is scoring 1 goal per 60 minutes at 5v5. That's actually a very good scoring rate.

I agree that he's had better opportunities to play with top linemates than Tanev or Petan. I disagree that he has not been productive in that role, since he's near the top among Jets in terms of points and goals per 60 minutes.

Take away the stats, which are based on relatively small samples anyway, and my "eye test" analysis is that Roslovic has very good offensive skills that translate very well to the NHL game.

I like Petan too, and think he would be productive on a top line. I just don't seem him as being more effective than Roslovic, and Roslovic brings a better game in terms of speed, pressure and he's better in his own zone.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Roslovic is scoring 1 goal per 60 minutes at 5v5. That's actually a very good scoring rate.

I agree that he's had better opportunities to play with top linemates than Tanev or Petan. I disagree that he has not been productive in that role, since he's near the top among Jets in terms of points and goals per 60 minutes.

Take away the stats, which are based on relatively small samples anyway, and my "eye test" analysis is that Roslovic has very good offensive skills that translate very well to the NHL game.

I like Petan too, and think he would be productive on a top line. I just don't seem him as being more effective than Roslovic, and Roslovic brings a better game in terms of speed, pressure and he's better in his own zone.
I don't think anyone said he hasn't been productive but the sample is still pretty small and he's been put in a pretty prime opportunity. I don't see top 6 in his game long term, that's all. I don't think the Jets best lineup includes him in the top 6.

All I was really saying is that the Tanev part of him is what people like so much, I just don't think that makes him a superior player relative to others. Petan is a more skilled playmaker imo, although I'd say Roslovic has a better shot. Roslo suits certain eye tests better, including Maurice's because of the "pace" aspect. His play in his own end vs others is negligible to me. We'll see where it all leads, it's not like I'm not pulling for him.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad