Prospect Info: Kings 7th Round Pick #191 - Dominik Kubalik

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
This season so far: Leads Extraliga with 21 goals in 35 games (the 2nd guy has 16 goals), has 32 points in total (Top 5).
1st in SOG with 145 (S% 14.48) - all of this playing on a struggling team ... Pretty damn impressive for a 21yr old. Kings should keep an eye on him.

Reactions: KingTrouty

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Hasn't been mentioned in anything prospect related Kings side. They will probably let his rights expire.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think I asked...Rosen?...a year or so ago when VooDooz first brought it back up and got pretty much that exact answer. And it's not like our guys haven't thought about Europe, bringing over Bjorkstrand and all without saying a word about Kubalik.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Well this offseason he's either going to NA or he's going to get big money in the KHL. Once he said that playing in the NHL was always his dream and he would prefer the harder NA way to the big money in Russia ...

He's just perfectly suited for the smaller ice rinks in NA, he works extremely hard every shift, he's an explosive skater with a powerful shot, very strong on the puck in corners and often he prefers hitting to playing the puck.
Your typical power forward and not very typical Czech player if you ask me ...
He's getting drastically better every year and with his work ethic and confidence I believe he's got the potencial to play in the NHL.

Hattrick last night - https://youtu.be/IUdMRNOTDK0
Champions Hockey League - 2+1 https://youtu.be/qwOyXPXsMuE
1+1 https://youtu.be/ND7Lt-gS6HU

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he has NA dreams I hope he makes it. I know with the cap teams are trying to get creative so I hope he's on someone's radar

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Given the Kings are lacking in prospects who can put the puck in the net, why can't they give Kubalik an opportunity? It's as if this organization's management and scouting staff is allergic to skilled players who can put the puck in the net.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Given the Kings are lacking in prospects who can put the puck in the net, why can't they give Kubalik an opportunity? It's as if this organization's management and scouting staff is allergic to skilled players who can put the puck in the net.

IMHO, I do believe a lot of it has to do with Kubalik, and not the Kings. IIRC, Kubalik hasn't yet made the effort to come over here for any sort of prospect camp or pre-season training. Until Kubalik makes this effort, (as Jim Fox would say) "there's nothing happening".....

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

You can't assume that the Kings have not reached out to Kubalik to come to NA. Kings have shown that they will give picks the chance if they commit.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You can't assume that the Kings have not reached out to Kubalik to come to NA. Kings have shown that they will give picks the chance if they commit.

I agree 100% with this comment. It's always easy to sit and criticize as fans when we want to see our prospects commit, but it's a two-way street. Our rights expire soon. Hopefully they can get him into the fold. Definitely nice skill set.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For reference, Ziggy made that comment a couple of months ago, and Rosen made a note in one of his comment sections that Kubalik wasn't in the Kings' plans beyond this year for whatever reason.

Things can change, just saying that for context.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Because they're just oozing with talent, right? I mean, look at all of the old players in Ontario with bright futures.

Not to mention what good does it do to draft INTL guys like Prohorkins and Kubalik if your not going to bring them over or think you don't have a good chance at them making the jump?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Because they're just oozing with talent, right? I mean, look at all of the old players in Ontario with bright futures.

I'm sorry, I forgot you have to change the goalposts when confronted with more data to justify your misery over the Kings drafting.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Of course, but if I'm going to draft someone whose playing overseas I would like some sort of indication from their camp that the player will come over at some point

He did. He played in Sudbury of the OHL before returning to the Czech League.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm sorry, I forgot you have to change the goalposts when confronted with more data to justify your misery over the Kings drafting.

What data? Show me this data that proves me wrong about my theory that this organization has no eye for top six talent.

Go back to 2006 to the last draft, go ahead and name all the top six forwards this team has developed. It won't take you long.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I mean, you can't force them to stay in NA...

That's true, but you could also give them a reason not to come over. Patience sometimes works out as well. Look at Kuznetsov, who was selected in 2010 but came over late in the 2013-14 season. Taken 26th overall, and never saw a single game in the minors.

That risky selection has paid off. Took a little more than a season but Kuznetsov has come around as a legit top six forward on one of the best teams in the league.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What data? Show me this data that proves me wrong about my theory that this organization has no eye for top six talent.

Go back to 2006 to the last draft, go ahead and name all the top six forwards this team has developed. It won't take you long.

Last I checked, the scouts don't have a hand in development. You (or others) said the scouts just draft character players and have no eye for talent.

Development is different than scouting.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Last I checked, the scouts don't have a hand in development. You (or others) said the scouts just draft character players and have no eye for talent.

Development is different than scouting.

So what top six players have they drafted then? You still won't go far with that list. Then look at the percentage of how many selections they've had for over a decade. It's very low.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's true, but you could also give them a reason not to come over. Patience sometimes works out as well. Look at Kuznetsov, who was selected in 2010 but came over late in the 2013-14 season. Taken 26th overall, and never saw a single game in the minors.

That risky selection has paid off. Took a little more than a season but Kuznetsov has come around as a legit top six forward on one of the best teams in the league.

Yeah Kuznetsov is BEYOND a false equivalency in this case.

That being said both Porkins AND Kubalik showed they'd come over. What happened after?

So what top six players have they drafted then? You still won't go far with that list. Then look at the percentage of how many selections they've had for over a decade. It's very low.

Getting pretty sick of you complaining about the Kings' drafting, someone else showing their work on why you're wrong, then you going back at it while ignoring offers to look at it in different ways, all with no evidence presented of your own. Either start supporting your opinion with evidence or stop spamming threads with this, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad