Prospect Info: Kings 7th Round Pick #191 - Dominik Kubalik

Rick44

Oct 31, 2017
He played his first two games this weekend and, although he had only 1 assist, he looked very well. Fast player with an amazing fast and accurate shot. It's impressive how he fast his release is. He seems to fit well in Ambrì's system and I'm looking forward to see him for the rest of the season!

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
He played his first two games this weekend and, although he had only 1 assist, he looked very well. Fast player with an amazing fast and accurate shot. It's impressive how he fast his release is. He seems to fit well in Ambrì's system and I'm looking forward to see him for the rest of the season!

What about that "out clause"...? You know, the thing that could have him playing in North America before this season's end? Any news on that? Thanks!!!

Rick44

Oct 31, 2017
There is no out clause for this season. Kubalik is staying with Ambri-Piotta for the rest of the season. In his 3-year contract with Ambri there is an out clause for the NHL and KHL, but it's not valid for this season.
Probably he will sign for an NHL team (Kings IMHO) this summer, but not before.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If Kubalik were to sign with an NHL team (be it Kings or elsewhere, despite Kings claiming they still own his rights the CBA has no provisions that could have them still holding his rights) he would be subject to the ELC system at this point. Which means that it would have to be a two-way deal. This is straight from CBA, Kubalik cannot negotiate to get a one-way deal. He would have to wait past age 25 to be able to not be subject to the ELC system.

Good info Holden.

The Kings rights to Kubalik and Porky should have expired. It's only 4 years for unsigned drafted Euro players. Porky is close to not being subject to ELC contract. Both will be UFA if they decide NA

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Good info Holden.

The Kings rights to Kubalik and Porky should have expired. It's only 4 years for unsigned drafted Euro players. Porky is close to not being subject to ELC contract. Both will be UFA if they decide NA

Right now Prokhorkin's rights are likely still held by the Kings. The Russian Ice Hockey Federation has refused to sign a transfer agreement with the NHL. Due to this as of right now all the information I have seen indicates that unsigned draft choices out of Russia have their rights held indefinitely.

Also Kubalik's rights due not fall under the unsigned drafted Euro players. Kubalik's rights were actually held for just 2 years since he was drafted out of OHL. However since he left juniors prior to the 2nd year he did fall under a clause which means the Kings held rights for 4 years.

(ii) If a Player who is drafted as an 18-year-old ceases to play in the Juniors in the second League Year after he has been drafted and the Club has tendered to such Player a Bona Fide Offer pursuant to 8.6(a)(ii), his drafting Club shall have the exclusive right of negotiation for his services until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the Entry Draft.

So essentially it is the same as if he had been drafted out of Europe. which means the rights would have expired on June 1, 2017.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Some more action from Dominik :nod: He's displaying some pretty nice playmaking skills in Ambrì (9+17 in 23 games) I'm looking forward to watch him at the Olympics

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
That's great an all, but is the guy even going to come over? And it seems like no one can confirm if he's even LA's property still? Sorry if I'm not too giddy about a 7th rounder playing in the Swiss-A league. Pretty sure he's not the only 7th rounder to be playing there.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Stop bumping this thread. This guy is never going to be a king..so who f***ing cares

Reactions: Reaper45

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I care.

It would be stupid if the Kings would not take a good look at him as team that drafted him.

I think Kubalik will be a King next season.

2 goals at the Olympics so far.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I care.

It would be stupid if the Kings would not take a good look at him as team that drafted him.

I think Kubalik will be a King next season.

2 goals at the Olympics so far.

Maybe Kubalik can be our playoff "secret weapon" this season?

*Fingers crossed*

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings no longer hold his rights.

He would be entering the NHL as an UFA, every team in the NHL would be able to negotiate with him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings no longer hold his rights.

He would be entering the NHL as an UFA, every team in the NHL would be able to negotiate with him.

By all public rules we know that's true, but every time it comes up, others suggest we still have his rights. I don't have time to dig for a link now but I've seen that several times this year and I'm not sure why.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
By all public rules we know that's true, but every time it comes up, others suggest we still have his rights. I don't have time to dig for a link now but I've seen that several times this year and I'm not sure why.

Those quotes came from Kings development staff. But there is no rule that says the Kings still hold his rights. Holden even looked and confirmed the Kings are probably confused.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
FWIW Cap Friendly shows "indefinite" for all three - Prokhorkin, Kubalik and Dergachyov. I don't think any of them ever play in North America. Just a hunch. I put them at the bottom of the list and look at the reserve list as if they don't exist. BUT I hope I'm wrong.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Dergachyov's KHL contract is over this year. He'll have the option to sign with the Kings and come over next season, but who knows if he will. He doesn't sound that committed.

Whether or not the Kings have Kubalik's rights, Blake will pursue him aggressively. Blake is looking for value and will go after under the radar Euro/Russian UFA's, as well as undrafted College UFA's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad