Prospect Info: Kings 7th Round Pick #191 - Dominik Kubalik

TheOriginalSilf*

Hey guys,

I'm a STH for the Sudbury Wolves and Kubalik quickly became one of my favorite players on the team this past season. He received limited ice-time earlier into the season but become more and more trusted as the season progressed. He can put the puck in the net using his offensive instincts around the net and bang away loose pucks, but I wouldn't expect him to ever be an offensive force in the NHL. Kubalik is a good PK'er and is defensively responsible with good skating.

He may one day become a bottom-6 player in the NHL, but if that's ever going to happen it won't be for a while. It'll be interesting to see how he does next season with more ice-time with the Sudbury Wolves. For a 7th round pick, I think you guys made out quite well.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hey guys,

I'm a STH for the Sudbury Wolves and Kubalik quickly became one of my favorite players on the team this past season. He received limited ice-time earlier into the season but become more and more trusted as the season progressed. He can put the puck in the net using his offensive instincts around the net and bang away loose pucks, but I wouldn't expect him to ever be an offensive force in the NHL. Kubalik is a good PK'er and is defensively responsible with good skating.

He may one day become a bottom-6 player in the NHL, but if that's ever going to happen it won't be for a while. It'll be interesting to see how he does next season with more ice-time with the Sudbury Wolves. For a 7th round pick, I think you guys made out quite well.

Thanks for the info! :)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey guys,

Thank you for the information! Hopefully he can have a good camp, then go back and contribute to Sudbury some more!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Seems like Kubalik has started really well for HC Pilzen in the Czech league.

5 goals in his first 7 games.

Not as good as it once was, but still a professional league and he has just turned 20.

Trying to catch some games via stream.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Unless this is wrong, he's not even in our system anymore......

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/los_angeles_kings/

That is wrong. Kubalik is still Kings property. Since he left junior before 20 he remains LA property until June 1, 2017.

It's a little known quirk of the CBA. Most junior players would have their rights expire after 2 years. Since he left for Europe at 19 his rights change from 2 years to 4 years.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
that is wrong. Kubalik is still kings property. Since he left junior before 20 he remains la property until june 1, 2017.

It's a little known quirk of the cba. Most junior players would have their rights expire after 2 years. Since he left for europe at 19 his rights change from 2 years to 4 years.

N i c e !!!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Still going strong. Nice assist and PP goal last night. He's quite big too.

8 goals and 4 assists in 12GP.

Could there be a chance the Kings will give him another look ?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gotta admit, I'm surprised.

:clap: Too funny.

Same. When he left, sounded like he was inconsistent and the offense had fizzled. But glad to hear he's putting the offensive part together, never know, may turn into an NHLer, but glad for him that it looks like he has a pro future period.

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
1ST Rounders Squandered Kubalik Better Be Appealing!!!

Still going strong. Nice assist and PP goal last night. He's quite big too.

8 goals and 4 assists in 12GP.

Could there be a chance the Kings will give him another look ?

I've watched,followed LA Kings draft picks for decades(4)!And with the recent rash of giving away our first rounders(reminds me of the 70's) LA better have Kubalik back on the radar for the future.Now I know that LA's strength on the forward ranks is suddenly LW nothing pushes players than a few nipping at their heels from the prospect pool,Farm System!!!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I've watched,followed LA Kings draft picks for decades(4)!And with the recent rash of giving away our first rounders(reminds me of the 70's) LA better have Kubalik back on the radar for the future.Now I know that LA's strength on the forward ranks is suddenly LW nothing pushes players than a few nipping at their heels from the prospect pool,Farm System!!!
With Dave Taylor as GM, he would have been back already. ;)

He liked Czechs/Slovaks.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
:handclap:

Doubled his point production and tripled his goal production in less than half of the games he played last year. Late bloomer? Dunno if we have anyone that watches the Czech leagues regularly on these boards, I'll drop by the prospect board and see if we can get more!

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
I don't really watch HC Plzen's games but he is playing really well from what I've heard. He will have an international debut in November on Karjala Cup :)

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems to be tied for the club lead in scoring on a very good team...also playing with Marcel Hossa, fun fact :)

Can't really find any highlights though since I can't read it :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've gotta say..... those goals? Those are all garbage goals. There are no examples of an amazing shot or incredible stick handling..... Kubalik does, however, have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. That's important. He tries hard, too.

Yeah none of them were 'special' from a talent standpoint, that's for sure...but at least he's driving the net or already there in each one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad