Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The only question about Teravainen is how he'll handle playing centre in the Western Conference over the next 2 years. There will be some growing pains.

However, would you rather have Teravainen and a 40% FO percentage between Sharp and Kane or Handzus? I'll take Teravainen.

Teravainen improves the Hawks PP and their ability to maintain puck possession. I don't think he'll come over and be as good as he's been in Finland over the past 2 months.. but he can come in and be a good contributor. He makes decisions at an NHL level. Yes, there will be an adjustment period.. but I don't think it'll take him too long to acclimate himself to the NHLs pace.

Unlike most fans, I'm not going to go crazy if Teravainen doesn't live up to expectations. The fact is Teravainen's upside is elite. He won't be an elite player when he joins the Hawks, but he can be an above-average one IMO.

Pretty much this.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
I really hope TT comes over and becomes the spark the Hawks were looking at grabbing at the deadline. Then again I really don't expect it. He was drafted for development so if he lands and lays an egg I'm not going to worry just yet.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I usually run my own sheet away from Capgeek. Been doing it before CapGeek even existed. I stopped updating it about Dec, new job. I am going to go back and update it.

There is no way he has $10 to $11.5 million left.

CapGeek does not include any ELC bonus or +35 bonuses in their daily calc.

Bowman better have more than 10million left excluding bonus money, otherwise they're really screwed. I think they're only on day 165 or something. I'm not talking about AAV, I wish they would get away from that number during the season.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Bowman better have more than 10million left excluding bonus money, otherwise they're really screwed. I think they're only on day 165 or something. I'm not talking about AAV, I wish they would get away from that number during the season.

I am bummed that they stopped a more detailed daily count. I wished they give a more detailed explanation of the projected LTIR and how they derive that number.

I have them at $66.3 total before bonus and LTIR come off

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I really hope TT comes over and becomes the spark the Hawks were looking at grabbing at the deadline. Then again I really don't expect it. He was drafted for development so if he lands and lays an egg I'm not going to worry just yet.

Really I'm just excited to see him play. I don't have high expectations of what he'll do at this point - he's already done pre-season here, then a full season with Jokerit (maybe including some playoffs), and also played at WJC. We're not getting him at his freshest - so not ideal circumstances to make his debut re NHL style & level play. Still, I'll be happy when he's here :nod:

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I am bummed that they stopped a more detailed daily count.

Maybe they'll go back after so many in the media were screwing up all the cap calcs near the deadline again.

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
You guys actually believe he can help you guys in NHL when he cant help his team in FEL?
Ok, good luck with that!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You guys actually believe he can help you guys in NHL when he cant help his team in FEL?
Ok, good luck with that!

He's leading his team in scoring.

He also led Finland to WJC gold.
He's joining a team where he will be the 15th best player instead of the 1st... Yea I think he can help, duh.

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
He's leading his team in scoring.

He also led Finland to WJC gold.
He's joining a team where he will be the 15th best player instead of the 1st... Yea I think he can help, duh.

I ment can he help you guys already in this season? In the future he will be a great player.

TeddyFay*

I wonder how long his name will remain on the "Prospects" scroll at the top of the BlackHawks title page. Saad and Shaw's names are still there:handclap::laugh:

Nothingman*

I wonder how long his name will remain on the "Prospects" scroll at the top of the BlackHawks title page. Saad and Shaw's names are still there:handclap::laugh:

I am surprised Toews and Kane are not still in the banner at the rate they change it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Too bad Stan did not draft that Saros kid...then we would have a real elite goaliea prospect in the pipeline..but of course Nashville drafts him...with Rinne there as their franchise goaliea that was as usual a redundancy move for them. .but goaliea is still the weakest part of our pipeline..Saros of course holds Joker to the lone goal.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Too bad Stan did not draft that Saros kid...then we would have a real elite goaliea prospect in the pipeline..but of course Nashville drafts him...with Rinne there as their franchise goaliea that was as usual a redundancy move for them. .but goaliea is still the weakest part of our pipeline..Saros of course holds Joker to the lone goal.

:laugh:

I go in this thread and see that you still have to take a shot at Stan in a thread involving a top-five prospect in the NHL he selected 18th overall. Some people, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad