Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
They will not kill a year off his contract just to play him ten games this year... even if he is performing they wont do it, its called smart management.

If the Hawks believe he could be the difference between another Cup, yes they certainly will. But Teuvo will have to shine. If he doesn't, if he struggles at all, he will get his 9 games and not waste an ELC year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks believe he could be the difference between another Cup, yes they certainly will. But Teuvo will have to shine. If he doesn't, if he struggles at all, he will get his 9 games and not waste an ELC year.

Imagine a world where Teuvo has played 8 games (8-0) and has been stellar. We are down 3-2 to St Louis heading back to there place to play game 6.

Oh the debate.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
With very few execptions, even the best rookies struggle to some extent through an adjustment period. I think it's realistic to expect an adjustment period for a 19 year old kid who weighs around 170 lbs who has never played against the best players in the world on a smaller ice surface than what he's used to, away from home in strange surroundings in the middle of a pressure packed playoff race. Given that, I think there are some unrealistic expectations being dreamed about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited about TT's prospects as any Hawks fan, but it might take him some time before he hits his stride .. like probably more than a couple shifts in his first game - a lot more.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
With very few execptions, even the best rookies struggle to some extent through an adjustment period. I think it's realistic to expect an adjustment period for a 19 year old kid who weighs around 170 lbs who has never played against the best players in the world on a smaller ice surface than what he's used to, away from home in strange surroundings in the middle of a pressure packed playoff race. Given that, I think there are some unrealistic expectations being dreamed about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited about TT's prospects as any Hawks fan, but it might take him some time before he hits his stride .. like probably more than a couple shifts in his first game - a lot more.

Understatement of the year so far goes to...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kruger and Saad both played in the playoffs before establishing themselves on the roster. Looks like Teravainen has the chance to do the same.

Between Handzus and Regin he'll have no trouble finding a spot and keeping it with good to decent play.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Kruger and Saad both played in the playoffs before establishing themselves on the roster. Looks like Teravainen has the chance to do the same.

Between Handzus and Regin he'll have no trouble finding a spot and keeping it with good to decent play.

Don't forget Ben Smith shredding it up in the playoffs, then spending the entire next year (was it 2?) in Rockford.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Sketch, you are right. Hawks have zero room to add someone unless they waive at least $875k worth of players.

Cap Geek's $50k is what the Hawks can sign as a YEARLY cap hit.

TT yearly cap hit is $925K. Regin and Rundblad would be waived.

Send Raanta down for Labarbera is a wash. Raanta makes $925k Labarbera $1m. Burying Labarbera costs the Hawks $75k in cap space annualized.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I hope that hockeybuzz story about him being showcased for a kesler trade wasn't true.

I'm excited about him coming over but I fear what this place is going to be like if he struggles at all. As extremely black and white as this place is, completely devoid of any gray area, it'll get ugly. Conversely, if he comes in like a madman he's going to be hailed as a Hall of Famer, and then if he starts to struggle after a hot start he'll be getting petitioned to be traded and called a bust. It's going to be a ridiculously awful rollercoaster around here with this poor kid. Expectations should be tempered and reasonable.

I don't think that will happen anytime soon...in fact I think that no matter how bad he plays people will cling to any positive they see.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I hope that hockeybuzz story about him being showcased for a kesler trade wasn't true.

Please please PLEASE stop believing anything written on hockeybuzz. It is 100% made up to get page views. All they do is put 2 and 2 together and build a story out of it. Sometimes they end up 'right' because what they were adding up ends up actually happening, but that's just dumb luck, not any inside sources or any actual information got to them.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA

There is no way Stan trades TT after they've patiently waited on his development for 2 years for a declining Kesler. I like Kesler and think he would be a good fit, but that is just awful asset/cap management. That rumor just needs to die.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I also read somewhere that if he plays less then 10 games he does not get a year of service. Over 10 he is a year closer to being a FA.

no way he sends down runbland, . He just traded a 2 round pick for him a week ago and nothing has really changed with TT.

I'm guessing the hawks Bring him in just for the playoffs if what everybody says is correct. why did you trade a 4th for Regin to just send him down.

Do you think the Hawks would try and send down Brookbank? would that be enough and keep Runbland as the 7th D man? with no back to back games Roz is going to play most games anyway.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I also read somewhere that if he plays less then 10 games he does not get a year of service. Over 10 he is a year closer to being a FA.

no way he sends down runbland, . He just traded a 2 round pick for him a week ago and nothing has really changed with TT.

I'm guessing the hawks Bring him in just for the playoffs if what everybody says is correct. why did you trade a 4th for Regin to just send him down.

Do you think the Hawks would try and send down Brookbank? would that be enough and keep Runbland as the 7th D man? with no back to back games Roz is going to play most games anyway.

>9 games burns a years off his ELC, technically loses a slide year
>40 games gets credit for a full year as a NHL and a year closer to UFA

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
They will not kill a year off his contract just to play him ten games this year... even if he is performing they wont do it, its called smart management.

Strongly disagree if TT comes and contributes. If he's able to contribute, the Hawks would be RIDICULOUSLY short sighted to not play TT in the P/O's to save a year on his ELC. Hawks have a significant hole on the roster, and as a serious Cup contender they'll do whatever they have to to maximize their chances of repeating.

IMO, the Hawks would burn a year on TT"s ELC without a 2nd thought if he is contributing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sketch, you are right. Hawks have zero room to add someone unless they waive at least $875k worth of players.

Cap Geek's $50k is what the Hawks can sign as a YEARLY cap hit.

TT yearly cap hit is $925K. Regin and Rundblad would be waived.

Send Raanta down for Labarbera is a wash. Raanta makes $925k Labarbera $1m. Burying Labarbera costs the Hawks $75k in cap space annualized.

But what about Raanta/Simpson?

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
If TT suits up then best to put Hossa on his right (i.e. some size and a good defender). I'd actually like to see Sharp on his left (shooter), but Saad would be fine as well.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
>9 games burns a years off his ELC, technically loses a slide year
>40 games gets credit for a full year as a NHL and a year closer to UFA

So if he only plays 8 regular season games then it would not effect anything correct?

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
The one thing I like to point out is that there would be no TT/cap problem if they stuck with Stan's no more 8th dman statement. I still don't understand the 180 on that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad