Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Eager

Feb 16, 2010
Coach Q on 670 just said he is coming over after his season ends and they will take a look at him. I know it's been pretty much a good guess that would happen, but good to hear it from the Hawks. Had a lot of good things to say about him and where the front office stands on him.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Indeed he is. I called it too. :)

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/11/quenneville-teravainen-will-come-back-here-later-this-season/

In an interview with the McNeil and Spiegel Show on Tuesday morning, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville indicated that Chicago will add 19-year-old Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen later this season.

Teravainen is currently playing for Jokerit in Finland’s SM-liiga. He’ll likely be done with that league sometime in April. Teravainen participated with the Blackhawks in training camp, impressing many teammates with his skills.

Now, it seems he’ll be destined to provide help for Chicago as it makes its playoff push and tries to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. Teravainen could fill the hole as the Blackhawks’ second-line center.

“He’s really progressed,” Quenneville told the McNeil and Spiegel Show. “Reports are excellent on his development this year.

“When their season’s over, he’s going to come down, come back here. Our people believe that he can help us, so we look forward to getting that opportunity. Hopefully, at what point will there be time in the regular season to get a look at him? Or will we have to wait to see in the playoffs?

“We look forward to having a chance and at what point, that remains to be seen.”

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said last week that Teravainen might join the Blackhawks this season.

Marian Hossa could also return from an upper body injury in a week, Quenneville said.

As I said in the trade deadline forum, there's your deadline deal coldsteel. ;)

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I called it too. Not very hard to see that happening.

BTW can we all start calling him TV instead of TT? TV is blatantly going to be his lockeroom name. Just a random thought.

He will platoon with Handzus @ 2C in the playoffs and I. CANT. WAIT.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I called it too. Not very hard to see that happening.

Didn't see your name around, but if you did, we're both in the very, very select group that said it. :laugh: Most had him pegged for Rockford or even next season.

Having said that, I'm beyond excited to see what this kid can do. I just hope Q puts Hossa on his line instead of Kane.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Didn't see your name around, but if you did, we're both in the very, very select group that said it. :laugh: Most had him pegged for Rockford or even next season.

Having said that, I'm beyond excited to see what this kid can do. I just hope Q puts Hossa on his line instead of Kane.

It's funny we freak out about our 2C problem and how it wasn't fixed at the deadline and now a week later the problem is fixed. (I say fixed because all TV has to do is be marginally better than Handzus so the bar is pretty low).

I would love to see:
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-TV-Hossa

I can already picture TV setting up Sharp for a one-time clapper at the dot. Like a poor man's Backstrom/Ovechkin connection.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
It's funny we freak out about our 2C problem and how it wasn't fixed at the deadline and now a week later the problem is fixed. (I say fixed because all TV has to do is be marginally better than Handzus so the bar is pretty low).

I would love to see:
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-TV-Hossa

I can already picture TV setting up Sharp for a one-time clapper at the dot. Like a poor man's Backstrom/Ovechkin connection.

I also agree with these lines. Would be a mistake to put him with Kane.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL

A ton of people called it, actually.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Only negative to this: Is everyone ready to live in a world next year where the prospect ranking scroll on HF lists Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault as our #1 prospects? Yeesh.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Only negative to this: Is everyone ready to live in a world next year where the prospect ranking scroll on HF lists Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault as our #1 prospects? Yeesh.

Teuvo will technically still be considered a prospect though. He won't get that many regular season games. (mostly playoff games) Having said that, hey... prospects gotta graduate sometime. Hawks still have some pretty good ones down the pipe line. (Hartman, Kayes, etc.)

Just be happy he doesn't bust when he does "graduate."

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So apparently, Jokerit have 2 games left, then the playoffs. The playoffs are 10 teams, with 7-10 and 8-9 playing a best of 3 to get into the quarters. They currently sit tied on points for 6th with 90 points, but don't have the tiebreak so they are 7th. If all goes well, they'll end up 7th, lose the prelim playoff round, and be on a plane in like 10 days.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
People expecting this guy to immediately come in and be a legit #2C in the NHL are hilarious.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
People expecting this guy to immediately come in and be a legit #2C in the NHL are hilarious.

Offensively he will be able to play 2C really, really well. defensively will be an adjustment but if you put him with Sharp/Hossa and our D, I doubt he will be brutal. I'm expecting him to be very similar to Granlund.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I would love to see:
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-TV-Hossa

Although I agree, it goes completely against what Q has done up until now. If Q is even remotely thinking about having those lines, he should be tinkering with the combos now (minus TT of course), not waiting until the 11th hour.

I won't be surprised if TT ends up with Kane and Versteeg.... as nonsensical as that is.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I just hope Q puts Hossa on his line instead of Kane.

Disagree, I would love to see him with Kane and Sharp. Him and Kane looked like they had some chemistry developing in the pre-season, and Kane loved playing with him.

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp TT Kane
Bickell Shaw Versteeg
Bollig Kruger Smith
ex. Regin/Handzus

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Although I agree, it goes completely against what Q has done up until now. If Q is even remotely thinking about having those lines, he should be tinkering with the combos now (minus TT of course), not waiting until the 11th hour.

I won't be surprised if TT ends up with Kane and Versteeg.... as nonsensical as that is.

I just had pre-PTSD. The second I saw that line combo I knew that's what Q will do and I hate it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Off topic: I dont want to be that guy but don't joke about PTSD please.

On topic: If I were a betting man I'd put money on TT playing with Kane. Since he's still so young I could see the lines being...

Sharp-Toews-Saad
Hossa-TT-Kane

Saad has looked good playing on the top line and I don't think you can force TT to be the primary set up guy on a top 6 line just yet. He's still so young and expecting that from him during the hardest games of the regular season might be asking too much.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
IMO, Toews-Hossa is the best center-wing combo on the team. I start there and work out...I'd go with

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-TT-Kane

So deadly, you have your power line and your pure skill line.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Off topic: I dont want to be that guy but don't joke about PTSD please.

On topic: If I were a betting man I'd put money on TT playing with Kane. Since he's still so young I could see the lines being...

Sharp-Toews-Saad
Hossa-TT-Kane

Saad has looked good playing on the top line and I don't think you can force TT to be the primary set up guy on a top 6 line just yet. He's still so young and expecting that from him during the hardest games of the regular season might be asking too much.

Hossa and Kane both play right wing only, so that 2nd line can't really happen.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven't they played together before? Or was that only during the "Kane is our new 2C" phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese