Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It was during that phase. They aren't both going to be playing wing on the same line.

Hossa occasionally played LW for a couple of shifts in certain games back then (the Toronto and SJ games come to mind immediately) but it's been a while.

As Sarava said though, it's not happening.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-TT-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

OOOOO BABY I just love the Sharp toews kane line so much

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
If he comes over, I hope he transitions a little better out of the gate than Granlund (wild). I'm skeptical that he'll be an answer that results in wins in the short term. New ice, new routine, better competition, etc.

I hope he makes the leap quickly and effectively, I just have a hard time trusting that idea.

MightySelanne8

Mar 10, 2014
Helsinki
TT not on the bench when 3rd period started (Jokerit @ Ässät), they are speculating if he got injured in the 2nd period.

EDIT: Did not play in the third, fingers crossed they are just saving him for important game on Thursday.

2: Jokerit just informed on twitter that TT did not play because he has had a flue in the past few days.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm excited about him coming over but I fear what this place is going to be like if he struggles at all. As extremely black and white as this place is, completely devoid of any gray area, it'll get ugly. Conversely, if he comes in like a madman he's going to be hailed as a Hall of Famer, and then if he starts to struggle after a hot start he'll be getting petitioned to be traded and called a bust. It's going to be a ridiculously awful rollercoaster around here with this poor kid. Expectations should be tempered and reasonable.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I'm excited about him coming over but I fear what this place is going to be like if he struggles at all. As extremely black and white as this place is, completely devoid of any gray area, it'll get ugly. Conversely, if he comes in like a madman he's going to be hailed as a Hall of Famer, and then if he starts to struggle after a hot start he'll be getting petitioned to be traded and called a bust. It's going to be a ridiculously awful rollercoaster around here with this poor kid. Expectations should be tempered and reasonable.
They'll shelter him greatly at first to see if he can adjust, I know everyone on here views him as some sort of savior for that 2c position, but I doubt the Hawks brass has any delusions about TT at least this season.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
They'll shelter him greatly at first to see if he can adjust, I know everyone on here views him as some sort of savior for that 2c position, but I doubt the Hawks brass has any delusions about TT at least this season.

Doesn't matter. Any sign of struggle or adjustment and many fans are going to be all over it. It's the nature of sports fans not just in here but in this town, period. Even if sheltered and brought along slow, any lack of production is going to be met with some piss and vinegar from some. He's been so talked about and so hyped up, expectations are through the roof for some, which is a mistake in the first place.

I'm not saying he's not going to do well or isn't capable of it; I'm pretty excited for him to get the opportunity and am confident in him. Just think people need to keep their expectations reasonable.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Teräväinen was an absolute game breaker in the WJC. He's also ahead of Granlund at the same age. During Granlund's era, the team was always packed with more skilled guys - when compared to Finland this year was absolute rubbish looking at the previous seasons (on the paper anyway). Somehow, some way TT captained the gold with most dominant fashion ever in our history. Still kinda hard to believe.

I think those two share the same vision of the game, and got a feeling TT will turnout better eventhough atleast half of my country men wouldn't sign up on this at this point. TT's decision making is just on elite level which leads to tons of offense. Also I think his skating has always been fluid and should translate well to NHL. Will be so great to see what he can do at the highest level at so early age.

Never been much of a fan of SM league, so kinda hoping the season ends soon and he gets the jump. Would've still been fun to see him play in World Champs though.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
found this in a article not sure if it was before last CBA or not.

According to Article 16 Section 4, the 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots (note: players assigned back to their junior clubs do not count towards the 50).

Also if he only plays 4 regular season games he would only count $45000 on the cap. $925,000 X .049.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
found this in a article not sure if it was before last CBA or not.

According to Article 16 Section 4, the 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots (note: players assigned back to their junior clubs do not count towards the 50).

Also if he only plays 4 regular season games he would only count $45000 on the cap. $925,000 X .049.

That's what I thought too, that you can carry more than 23 players after the Deadline, but you can only recall a maximum of 4 players after the deadline.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
You are right. I keep forgetting about the added roster space. Hawks only have $50 k of cap space, which is about 10 days of TT. IF they want him sooner than April 2 someone will have to go down to Rockford for cap space.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You are right. I keep forgetting about the added roster space. Hawks only have $50 k of cap space, which is about 10 days of TT. IF they want him sooner than April 2 someone will have to go down to Rockford for cap space.

If they waive Regin does that save them anything?

Can they Rockford Shuttle Raanta and Simpson/Labarbara to create some more space?

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
1) yes

2) IIRC, Raanta and Labarbra are basically the same cap hit when Labarbara is in Rockford.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Season start -> trade deadline: 23 active players max, salary cap

Trade deadline -> playoffs: no player limit, still salary cap

Playoffs: no limits

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011

I don't think that applies to the Hawks, because we are already over the cap and into LTIR. LTIR is a flat rate daily, unlike normal cap space that can be banked (ie the Rockford shuttle). That 50k the Hawks have available means they could absorb 50k more in total salary (ie 50k more in AAV) not daily cost.

The way it was explained to me is that if a team (normal cap) is $1 dollar under the cap on Monday then on Friday they would have 5 dollars available. Which is why some teams can take on bigger salaries at the deadline then they could get earlier in the year.

A team that is in LTIR space is different. If they have $1 available on Monday then on Friday they would still only have the $1. Because LTIR space doesn't accumulate it is a flat rate based on a players yearly salary.

If they waive Regin does that save them anything?

Yes, but not enough to fit TT.

Can they Rockford Shuttle Raanta and Simpson/Labarbara to create some more space?

Not if the cap works how I think it works. Unless they sent Raanta down and went with 1 real goalie (not possible).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
They will not kill a year off his contract just to play him ten games this year... even if he is performing they wont do it, its called smart management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad