Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
The one thing I like to point out is that there would be no TT/cap problem if they stuck with Stan's no more 8th dman statement. I still don't understand the 180 on that statement.

Even if they hadn't picked up Runblad they still would have had to send someone down to fit TT under the cap.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Stan didn't want to pass up on a Dman of Rundblads potential, that's why we have 8D. (don't even bother BWC)

As far as who gets sent down, I doubt anyone. Stan knows the cap and how to monouver around it. He isn't going to waive Brookbank, Rundblad or Regin I don't think.

None of us know every little detail of the cap, I don't believe

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Stan didn't want to pass up on a Dman of Rundblads potential, that's why we have 8D. (don't even bother BWC)

As far as who gets sent down, I doubt anyone. Stan knows the cap and how to monouver around it. He isn't going to waive Brookbank, Rundblad or Regin I don't think.

None of us know every little detail of the cap, I don't believe

There are a finite number of rules and ways to decease the cap. It really isn't hard to find out how much space they have.

The only possibility is that someone was on LTIR longer than what has been reported by no way is it $900k worth.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
TT is becoming as mythical a creature as Kuznetsov was in Washington...I hope he can handle the pressure cooker that some fans have unfairly already put him in.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
TT is becoming as mythical a creature as Kuznetsov was in Washington...I hope he can handle the pressure cooker that some fans have unfairly already put him in.

Seriously. I really, really hope this guy pans out like people around here are saying he's going to. Otherwise, a lot of people will be eating crow.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It really isn't hard to find out how much space they have.

I think the daily number is easy enough, I think year end number is pretty darn tough to figure out exactly because cap geek is incomplete when it comes to all the specific dates.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Jokerit lost 5-1 and will play in first round of the playoffs vs HPK on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday if neccesary(2 wins).

Looks like his season could be over pretty soon as Jokerit has been playing like crap and HPK has 8 game winning streak.

Last edited:

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I think the daily number is easy enough, I think year end number is pretty darn tough to figure out exactly because cap geek is incomplete when it comes to all the specific dates.

What specific dates are tough to figure out?

The only thing I could think of is how they handled the Olympics.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Jokerit lost 5-1 and will play in first round of the playoffs vs HPK on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday if neccesary(2 wins).

Looks like his season could be over pretty soon as Jokerit has been playing like crap and HPK has 8 game winning streak.

Sweet, please lose both weekend games!

After not seeing Regin in the lineup, and Brookbank at W, I think it's almost guaranteed that Regin is the guy to be waived when TT comes over.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
After not seeing Regin in the lineup, and Brookbank at W, I think it's almost guaranteed that Regin is the guy to be waived when TT comes over.

It really is a no-brainer. Brookbank is the 7D and won't be going anywhere. Rundblad in the playoffs would be a disaster with Q, he'd end up rolling 5D every game. Can't get rid of Handzus. Regin is the only one left.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
What specific dates are tough to figure out?

The only thing I could think of is how they handled the Olympics.

I'll put it like this in a question. Exactly how much have the Hawks spent against the cap YTD (or towards the year end number) assuming Hossa comes off of LTIR and excluding all deferrable bonus money through 163 days this year?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bowman said on the radio that TT is most likely going to play with us this season. I doubt he would have publicly said "Yeah Tuevo is going to see some time with us this year, as soon as Jokerit is done" and then given himself a facepalm when he all of a sudden realized "Oh no! I don't have the cap space to bring up my secret weapon 2C!"

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The only question about Teravainen is how he'll handle playing centre in the Western Conference over the next 2 years. There will be some growing pains.

However, would you rather have Teravainen and a 40% FO percentage between Sharp and Kane or Handzus? I'll take Teravainen.

Teravainen improves the Hawks PP and their ability to maintain puck possession. I don't think he'll come over and be as good as he's been in Finland over the past 2 months.. but he can come in and be a good contributor. He makes decisions at an NHL level. Yes, there will be an adjustment period.. but I don't think it'll take him too long to acclimate himself to the NHLs pace.

Unlike most fans, I'm not going to go crazy if Teravainen doesn't live up to expectations. The fact is Teravainen's upside is elite. He won't be an elite player when he joins the Hawks, but he can be an above-average one IMO.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Looks like Rundsblad is exempt from waivers, according to CapGeek.

Hossa would have to be out until the 25th in order to be LTIR.

Last edited:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Looks like Rundsblad is exempt from waivers, according to CapGeek.

Where do you see that, the capgeek waiver calculator says he's NOT exempt from waivers. If he would be sent down I think there is a big chance he would be picked up.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Where do you see that, the capgeek waiver calculator says he's NOT exempt from waivers. If he would be sent down I think there is a big chance he would be picked up.

I went through the waiver calculator and entered the info. Maybe I entered the wrong info. If he is not waiver exempt, I agree he would be picked up.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I went through the waiver calculator and entered the info. Maybe I entered the wrong info. If he is not waiver exempt, I agree he would be picked up.

If he could be sent down, Phoenix would have done so instead of having him sit in the press box all year.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I think I see my mistake. It looks like he played professionally in Sweden the year he signed his first NHL contract.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Hossa isn't on LTIR

My mistake. It won't change the answer to my question. You said it's not hard to find out how much space they have, I'm sincerely curious how to get that number without having to spend 20-30 minutes adding up all the daily numbers and verifying movement dates. Capgeek doesn't always have all the bonus info or movement info and up to date. I'm wondering if I'm missing a feature or page.

I can make a reasonable assumption that Bowman has around 10 to 11.5 million left for the entire year but that difference allows for a ton of speculation through day 195 and when certain decisions have to be made.

Just looking to save time for when I guess on roster movement in the future, if you have the shortcut great, if not, thanks away.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
My mistake. It won't change the answer to my question. You said it's not hard to find out how much space they have, I'm sincerely curious how to get that number without having to spend 20-30 minutes adding up all the daily numbers and verifying movement dates. Capgeek doesn't always have all the bonus info or movement info and up to date. I'm wondering if I'm missing a feature or page.

I can make a reasonable assumption that Bowman has around 10 to 11.5 million left for the entire year but that difference allows for a ton of speculation through day 195 and when certain decisions have to be made.

Just looking to save time for when I guess on roster movement in the future, if you have the shortcut great, if not, thanks away.

I usually run my own sheet away from Capgeek. Been doing it before CapGeek even existed. I stopped updating it about Dec, new job. I am going to go back and update it.

There is no way he has $10 to $11.5 million left.

CapGeek does not include any ELC bonus or +35 bonuses in their daily calc.

Edit:
I am looking at a possible problem with Cap Geek's LTIR number especially with Khabby. Anyone care to take a look at it. I think the overall LTIR credit might be to low. Khabby was only on roster for 47 days from my best guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad