Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Am I the only one here who couldn't care less what if anything his nickname will be???

You should change your username to "No Fun rick hawk"

So TT not playing tonight makes me strongly believe he won't be playing in the playoffs either. Looks like we'll be getting a full 3 years on that ELC...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You should change your username to "No Fun rick hawk"

So TT not playing tonight makes me strongly believe he won't be playing in the playoffs either. Looks like we'll be getting a full 3 years on that ELC...

In my opinion, it's still open to how Kane and Toews look game one of the playoffs. If they're healthy and solid, then Teravainen will play. If not, then protect his ELC as were clearly going nowhere without them, even if we squeak past Colorado in the first round.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I think the Hawks should not burn the year off of his contract. He will just be breaking in next year and the year after, you make most use of young player like this in the end of their second year and third years, so by burning one year it will hurt the Hawks down the line as he will be requiring most likely 4+ at the end, might as well make use of that extra year especially with Toews and Kane being signed soon, the cap will be a problem yet again.

What on earth is "turbo"? Very weird. I dont get why people keep trying to find nick names for players...

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I like the way they are handling TT. Feeding him small bites with lots of coaching in practice. I don't think Q and Hawks management have changed their assessment of him in the least. Anyone who thought TT was going to step on the ice and turn the NHL on it's ear was just being foolish or extremely optimistic. He's showed enough in the first 3 games to continue to be very oprimistic for his future - the key word there being "future", as in not yet. Another poster (can't remember if it was on this message board or somewhere else) watched practice on Wednesday and said that Q was spending a lot of time one on one with TT. That sounds very encouraging to me. I think they're taking the approach to not rush him, let him find his game and build his experience and confidence in small chunks and I think that's absolutely the right approach to take.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
The guys to play right now are the guys who normally don't get much ice, but might be called on in the playoffs (e.g. Regin, Morin, and even Nordstrom in Q's pecking order). I totally agree with playing these guys ahead of TT at this point.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I suppose Teuvo not playing this game can only mean he's not going to play in any game that matters, including the playoffs, unless injuries etc happen. I mean if he is not playing these games, he's not going to play against the Blues either,and soon games run out prior to the playoffs when the team should know who and what combinations work. I'm not an NHL coach of any sort, let alone a winning one so I don't really know what's best for the team/a player, I guess I just dislike the notion that a player is told to work on certain aspects of his game, does exactly that (offense/shooting in TT's case), has shown he isn't a defensive liability (big concern for a young player), plays his best game and still gets benched. Nor do I think it's showing great handling of the player, if anything that would be something that chips away his confidence.

I'm not saying TT definitely deserves a spot in the roster, I'm just confused to as what the point here exactly is. "He'll learn just by watching"...pretty sure that is not how a player can improve their game, instead of actually playing (whether AHL/NHL).

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I suppose Teuvo not playing this game can only mean he's not going to play in any game that matters, including the playoffs, unless injuries etc happen. I mean if he is not playing these games, he's not going to play against the Blues either,and soon games run out prior to the playoffs when the team should know who and what combinations work. I'm not an NHL coach of any sort, let alone a winning one so I don't really know what's best for the team/a player, I guess I just dislike the notion that a player is told to work on certain aspects of his game, does exactly that (offense/shooting in TT's case), has shown he isn't a defensive liability (big concern for a young player), plays his best game and still gets benched. Nor do I think it's showing great handling of the player, if anything that would be something that chips away his confidence.

I'm not saying TT definitely deserves a spot in the roster, I'm just confused to as what the point here exactly is. "He'll learn just by watching"...pretty sure that is not how a player can improve their game, instead of actually playing (whether AHL/NHL).

It did help Stamkos.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Benched again? Wow, they really must trust him.. Saving all that contract for the playoffs!

Whynot send him down to AHL or the very least give him the opportunity to play in the WC. Sitting in the stands can't really improve one's game now can it (you got tv channels for that as well).

Starting to look like a bad draft year for Teuvo.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, was quite confused at the decision not to play him. Would've thunk that they merely didn't want him to play two games in a row, which is why he didn't dress yesterday, but guess not....

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Starting to look like a bad draft year for Teuvo.

What? This guy is going to be playing with one of Hossa and Kane and possibly Sharp on the other side starting next season. This is just about the best situation he could have possibly been in.

The fact that the Blackhawks don't want to burn what will turn out to be a very useful extra year on his ELC is a testament to their understanding of the big picture. Teravainen will have his day to cash out, and the star talent he'll get to play with will help him immensely.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Not going to lie, was quite confused at the decision not to play him. Would've thunk that they merely didn't want him to play two games in a row, which is why he didn't dress yesterday, but guess not....

So am I.

I thought he looked fine so far, all things considered. He seemed to bring more 'value added' than he was a liability of any sort. I know he was tentative offensively to start off with...but I think he looked a lot more tenacious last time.

If they're not going to play him, they should let him got to the WC and then go work out for the summer.

BTW does anyone know whether the listed weight of 169 I keep seeing is legit? I thought that was what his draft weight was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad