Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
The legend of agent 86, a world junior championship and a Stanley cup in the same year. Seriously has anyone ever done that before?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not making any predictions here, but if he plays like he did tonight, he won't go anywhere. Saad stepped right in and played roughly 40 games on the top line . If he does what Q wants him to do, he'll play. Remember, Dan Carcillo started on the first line for us last year and was injured in the first game, making room for Saad. Things could've played out a lot differently. Make no mistake, I'm well aware of what the odds are on TT having a Saad-like breakout. I would t be surprised of he doesn't play against Boston.. Just very disappointed.

Agreed. Stars are a passive team compared to Bruins. It may be too early but it would be a great to see him play in the Garden. He certainly won't hurt us, based on what I've seen of his 200 foot game.... and I'm certain he knows quite well that he needs to keep his head up and avoid exposing himself physically.

To say I'm impressed with TT, is a large understatement.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
How should it be pronounced?

Here is an example (this is a very famous Finnish song):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDeYcVhEno#t=2m45s
Jokerit fans used to sing this song for Teuvo with the lyrics "Teuvo, heitä pari byyrii" = "Teuvo, go score a couple".

I'm gonna bold the sounds you should try to make in succession:

tan bet who van con

But English-speaking people can't say the second and third of those sounds in succession, and that's probably the reason why they give you the instruction to pronounce it "TAY-voh".

In Finland we don't have spelling bees, because when you hear a word in Finnish, you know how it's written. A written letter pretty much always equals one certain sound, whereas in English the same letter can be pronounced in many ways, as in:

car
tan

In both words you've got the letter "A", but it's pronounced differently. In Finnish the letter "A" is always pronounced as in the English word "car".

This logical way of writing words makes it easy for Finnish kids to learn how to read, and it's probably one of the reasons why Finland does really well in the Pisa tests, which measure a nation's education system.

"approx English pronunciation for Teuvo: T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; UW as in "two (T.UW)" ; V as in "vow (V.AW)" ; OW as in "oak (OW.K)" "

In Finnish, that would equal "Tuvou".

Last edited:

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Great first game.

I really love that kid. I've been following him since he was 16, saw him score his first goal (and of course his first pro goal:sarcasm:) in European Trophy when he was with Jokerit in Brno, then during WJC U18 in Brno. I really enjoy watching him on the ice and I'm really jealous you can see him live now.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Definitely pleased with his debut. He has some skills you just simply cannot teach, and being cool as ice and unrattled is one of them. For a guy playing his first NHL game, he was remarkably poised and calm with the puck. Made very good decisions, good hockey sense. His vision and awareness are excellent, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well he battled and worked the puck along the boards. His defensive play was excellent. Not only did not look out of place, but was downright solid and did some nice little things that were very impressive, especially for a 19 year old playing his first game. I'm excited to see more.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Not making any predictions here, but if he plays like he did tonight, he won't go anywhere. Saad stepped right in and played roughly 40 games on the top line . If he does what Q wants him to do, he'll play. Remember, Dan Carcillo started on the first line for us last year and was injured in the first game, making room for Saad. Things could've played out a lot differently. Make no mistake, I'm well aware of what the odds are on TT having a Saad-like breakout. I would t be surprised of he doesn't play against Boston.. Just very disappointed.

We still have to wait until next year for him to prove that, at this age Saad was a late season call up just like Teuvo. He played 2 regular season games, and 2 playoff games earning 1 assist. Also, Saad has 4 inches and 30+ pounds on Teuvo (the average NHL player has about 2 inches and 25 pounds on him)...lets give him some time to mature physically.

He is playing his cards right now PERFECTLY. Does that mean he's giving up some offense for good defensive positioning? Yup. He can't play right now the way a normal forward would, he'd get DESTROYED. He needs to pick his spots and fly under the radar, which I feel like he did a great job of last night.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
As Teuvo fills out 2-3 years from now, I see a Pavelski with 70% of his physicality and better stick handling.

Makes sense with Tivo's ability to play the PP at the top of the umbrella.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
As Teuvo fills out 2-3 years from now, I see a Pavelski with 70% of his physicality and better stick handling.

Makes sense with Tivo's ability to play the PP at the top of the umbrella.
Kinda tough to win that place from Keith.

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Coach Joel Quenneville said he has not spoken with general manager Stan Bowman about the number of games Teravainen will play.

"I'm not really aware of that at all," Quenneville said. "Maybe we'll be addressing that at some point but I'm not aware of that right now.

"I don't want to say exactly a number of games but with (Patrick) Kane out, it gives us a chance to assess (Teravainen) and see who he could fit with and how much he's going to play. We have some important games and we want to make sure we're doing things the right way but I'm not going to say he's playing every night."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0140328_1_brandon-saad-td-garden-jeremy-morin

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
His D looks much better than Pirri has shown in much more games :laugh:

still anyone saying Pirris D problems were overblown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad