Post-Game Talk: KFC 3 Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Wasn't pretty by any means. 2 points is 2 points in the standings. While ugly it's another victory in special teams that helped to make the difference.

KFC with his best Teemu impression tonight, the team sure needed that.

Did not like Neal Pionk's play on the GTG, but that was a great pass off the dasher boards to set up the GWG, so glad he got some redemption.

Winning 2-1, 3-2 games is going to be the Jets identity this year, as they remain offensively challenged.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
It's probably good to be reminded that on some nights the worst team in the league doesn't always play like the worst team in the league. Compare Gibson's GAA and SV% tonight with his season's work so far.

And it's really good to see the Jets pull two wins out of the fire in the last minute of the past two games.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
1st place baby!

I took the jinx off Connor just in time. :laugh:

@voyageur
You can forget what I said about the top line. They seem to be going now. :laugh:

That was a pretty fun game to watch. About 10 bad minutes in the 1st. The fill ins stepped up pretty well. Samberg was great, showed more speed than I thought he had.

Edit: Damn, just saw that Stars stayed 1 pt ahead. Well, 1st in pts% anyway.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Agreed with the "not a pretty game" vibe but 3 of our top 9 forwards are injured meaning Gagner is on the top line an melatonin and flobee are on the third line. Fourth is "Gus and the two Moose".

Any win with that forward line up is a good win. Let's hope for a few more because none of those guys are coming back soon

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Agreed with the "not a pretty game" vibe but 3 of our top 9 forwards are injured meaning Gagner is on the top line an melatonin and flobee are on the third line. Fourth is "Gus and the two Moose".

Any win with that forward line up is a good win. Let's hope for a few more because none of those guys are coming back soon
As much as I really like the record right now this is not sustainable unless we at least add a top six forward.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Samberg was fighting it all night, as were a few players. Passes were like random patches of internet lag. Dooby looked a little frustrated at times, Weezer looked meh tonight, Lousy had a couple uncharacteristic moments, puck seemed to be bouncing.
The boys seemed to be fighting it on and off, but in the end, KFC delivered.
Put the 2 in the pocket and turn the lights out go home and forget the ugly.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm going to put some of the sloppy play by the Jets on our absolutely stupid schedule,the Bombers play with less breaks between games .I would like Chevy to pick up a winger now though, not having Ehlers really puts a dent in our offense.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
It's probably good to be reminded that on some nights the worst team in the league doesn't always play like the worst team in the league. Compare Gibson's GAA and SV% tonight with his season's work so far.

And it's really good to see the Jets pull two wins out of the fire in the last minute of the past two games.

Yeah. To be honest there just aren't any 'bad' teams in the NHL. Not so bad that you can take a night off, anyway.

Wasn't pretty by any means. 2 points is 2 points in the standings. While ugly it's another victory in special teams that helped to make the difference.

KFC with his best Teemu impression tonight, the team sure needed that.

Did not like Neal Pionk's play on the GTG, but that was a great pass off the dasher boards to set up the GWG, so glad he got some redemption.

Winning 2-1, 3-2 games is going to be the Jets identity this year, as they remain offensively challenged.

Still hopeful that once we get the D locked down we can figure out more ways of springing offense and maybe some more goals flow... especially if Connor is remembering how to score, heh.

But man, these are the games in the past few years where you'd see they're coming out flat, and you just knew it was going to be a crappy night. It's awesome this year that they've found a way to keep their grip in games when they're playing sh*tty, instead of getting frustrated and letting it slip away... and then inevitably they get their turn to come on strong. Looks like they're building some real belief.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
had to follow off my phone since i was at the Bedard game last night. but great to see KFC pot a hatty. hopefully this gets his finishing touch back for the rest of the year.

Ducks still winless in regulation

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
2 points is 2 points is 2 points
Winning ugly is still winning.

Yup, used to regularly lose these games. We need a middle 6 F with some play driving pop though.

had to follow off my phone since i was at the Bedard game last night. but great to see KFC pot a hatty. hopefully this gets his finishing touch back for the rest of the year.

Ducks still winless in regulation

Not to go too off topic but how was that show lol?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Kyle motherF**king Connor with the 3-piece and the Ducks are done like dinner!
darth-kneel.gif

KC - decent game, maybe gets an assist: coelacanth status

KFC - 1 piece and fries

KMFC - hatty

On any given evening, this player may morph into various forms of chicken destruction.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posted this in the mainboard thread about the Ducks where people were trying to act like Gibson has had the hardest job in the league over the past few years lol.

Total xGA over a season, so total workload for a goalie (obviously playing more games you face more of a total workload)

21-22
View attachment 609509

20-21
View attachment 609510

19-20
View attachment 609511

Lots of guys can put up a slightly better than average performance over the year facing a ton of shots. What makes a goalie elite is facing a ton of shots and putting up much better than average numbers.

Gibson used to regularly out perform xGA.

Saw the tweet about 12,000 shots since he entered the league. No goalie has been as consistent in out performing xGA over the last 3 and a bit years.

Fwiw this year he's been the second best goalie but has only faced the 14th! Most xGA so far. So good work so far defense lol.

Reactions: RabidOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad