Post-Game Talk: KFC 3 Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
We haven't had an announcer of his quality since. Currently we have a zombie on the job!.........i wonder why he was ignored from the outset.
Outset of what? Kurt had a few problems that interferred with his work and was let go by the Coyotes.

FWIW, I think the new guy is excellent and I prefer his work over most of the others. But then, I don't mind Sawyer so what do I know?

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
If it’s the play I’m thinking about….
He wasn’t in the Ozone. The team seemed to be lined up as a 1–3-1 and Morrissey realized a split second too late even though he was still able to pressure the puck carrier. Pionk got himself caught in no man’s land and both couldn’t defend the pass or the skater.
He was near the top of the circle in the o-zone, with two other Jets in on the forecheck. We had just taken the 2-1 lead, in the third period. Pionk was left hanging IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.47.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.47.31 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.48.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.48.29 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I don't pay attention to the power rankings because I have a massive inferiority complex. I think the Jets are actually higher than where they should be, because we still see the glaring deficiencies that could cause the wheels to fall off. They have a real hard time scoring goals, and still aren't getting secondary scoring. Now they're down three top nine forwards and two defensemen. Samberg/Capo aren't a pairing that inspires confidence. Something has to give.
I see most of this as positive. Injuries will come back while defensive play will only get better.

Glass half full.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He was near the top of the circle in the o-zone, with two other Jets in on the forecheck. We had just taken the 2-1 lead, in the third period. Pionk was left hanging IMO.

The d have the green light to activate. One of the forwards failed to switch with him. Can't remember who it was.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
The d have the green light to activate. One of the forwards failed to switch with him. Can't remember who it was.
The Ducks had the puck behind their net, the Jets sent 3 forward in and then Morrissey ignores the guy behind him and leaves Pionk to defend 2 Ducks pickin' cherries in the neutral zone. It wasn't a forwards fault from what I can tell, it wasn't a pinch play at all.
The d have the green light to activate. One of the forwards failed to switch with him. Can't remember who

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Ducks had the puck behind their net, the Jets sent 3 forward in and then Morrissey ignores the guy behind him and leaves Pionk to defend 2 Ducks pickin' cherries in the neutral zone. It wasn't a forwards fault from what I can tell, it wasn't a pinch play at all.

I'd have to watch it again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's definitely an opinion, and has validity. I see it as a more positive thing. We've continued to win despite still working through some game deficiencies and missing some players.

I think we're seeing the Jets have a resolve and battle level we haven't seen in years. They don't implode when they get down or something bad happens to them. When you have Helle in net and gamebreaking scorers that all adds up to a very dangerous team.

I see us getting healthy and scoring more, and continuing to adopt our new systems and commit them to muscle memory.

I think the Jets had a bit of good fortune earlier in the season that will set us up very nicely come spring.

I do think we need to add at minimum a middle 6 guy, though. Why not call up Lambert just for a few games? See if he can hang and if not no harm no foul.

I'm surprised at people suggesting Lambert. 1st OA, 6'3, 240 lb Slafkovsky from the same draft is barely keeping his head above water. Lambert is still feeling his way along in the AHL. He's gotta be at least a year away from getting a trial in the NHL, maybe more like 2.

After 4 years in NCAA (at ppg+) and into his 3rd AHL year Alex Limoges is scoring at a ppg+ pace in the AHL. I'd think he would be a more likely candidate. Unlikely as that may be.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

That’s not what happened at all

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's fair but who can fill the gaps? Obviously Gagner was important in last night's win but he doesn't really fit in with 81 and 55, and I don't know anyone else would, either. The 81 55 17 line was interesting but not sure if really works, either

I have mixed feelings about a trade. I don't want to give up valuable assets for band-aids. I would be willing to give up something good for a player who is going to be an upgrade somewhere longer term. But that is pretty tough to do right now, especially with cap considerations on both ends of any deal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm surprised at people suggesting Lambert. 1st OA, 6'3, 240 lb Slafkovsky from the same draft is barely keeping his head above water. Lambert is still feeling his way along in the AHL. He's gotta be at least a year away from getting a trial in the NHL, maybe more like 2.

After 4 years in NCAA (at ppg+) and into his 3rd AHL year Alex Limoges is scoring at a ppg+ pace in the AHL. I'd think he would be a more likely candidate. Unlikely as that may be.
But Limoges isn’t brand new with the full shine of a D+1 prospect.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017

It was just Henrique behind Morrissey when decided to be the 4th Jet into the Ducks zone. So I admit I was wrong there, but Pionk had to stay on his side with Zegra breaking out with speed. I still don't know why Morrissey did this when you have a 1 goal lead and 5 min left in the third. Seemed way too aggressive.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree, why not call Lambert up, he has the speed to keep up with anyone, and likely better scoring hands than anyone on our bottom 6 forwards. Put him in the lineup and see how he does. Lot of people say he's to young, or it will destroy his confidence, but I don't buy that. We went thru that with Kyle Connor.

Connor spent a full year D+1 in NCAA and then almost a full season in AHL. Lambert has played 6 games in the AHL and is not dominant there. That comparison does not hold up at all.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm fine with Gagner - he's smart enough to play with those two but you're right - he might struggle a bit with the speed - but so far, he's holding his own.

I have my own thoughts on who might be good on that line - but don't expect much support :D on the call -
If Ehlers is out for a while, I'd try Mikey up there. He has the speed to keep up, he's a good passer, he's great on puck pursuit and is good at digging pucks out along the walls. He's also looks like he knows how to defend - very good positionally and he doesn't panic with the puck.
Anyways, I don't expect that to happen but I'd love to see it - and yes, I know - it's a crazy idea.

My biggest fear is seeing Wheels moved back up there - the good news is that Bones is not biting because you would think it would be temping for him. Wheels cannot keep up with that line and he might throw a wrench into what appears to be a developing magic between 55 and 81 - we do not want a guy slowing down the play and that's what Wheeler does.

I don't think your Mikey suggestion is as crazy as the Lambert suggestion. OK, maybe crazy is the wrong word for that. :laugh: Don't mean to insult anyone's suggestion. But I think it is wishful thinking.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Outset of what? Kurt had a few problems that interferred with his work and was let go by the Coyotes.

FWIW, I think the new guy is excellent and I prefer his work over most of the others. But then, I don't mind Sawyer so what do I know?
Outset of jets 2.0. I recall a push for kurt but he was totally ignored as if their were some issues with him. A great voice for announcing........the zombie appears emotionless on screen. Spooky!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't mind our new guy at all, he actually makes the game pretty enjoyable.

He needs to learn to interrupt Sawyer more. Or maybe he needs to say, "shut up Sawyer". :laugh:

I bet Sawyer tries really hard. But his ramblings just get up my nose. He speaks well, he has a good voice, there just isn't any there there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad