Post-Game Talk: KFC 3 Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But Limoges isn’t brand new with the full shine of a D+1 prospect.

No he does not. :laugh:
But for an undrafted player, he has a pretty impressive resume. I haven't watched him. Maybe he is a defensive black hole, IDK. But he has scored very well in NCAA, being just 3 pts below ppg over a 4 year span and he has scored pretty well in the AHL too. Has he just flown under the radar? Or is there something seriously wrong with him that doesn't show in the counting stats?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No he does not. :laugh:
But for an undrafted player, he has a pretty impressive resume. I haven't watched him. Maybe he is a defensive black hole, IDK. But he has scored very well in NCAA, being just 3 pts below ppg over a 4 year span and he has scored pretty well in the AHL too. Has he just flown under the radar? Or is there something seriously wrong with him that doesn't show in the counting stats?
You never know. With us getting the injury bug we may all soon see him play.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Josh always gave a shit
Mark didn’t seem to
Don’t take one of mine
Yeah, I think Josh seems to have been much more of a case of the leadership of the D core leaving just before he was ready, and then his father's passing. He never seemed like he didn't care, just like he wasn't at the right level.

Though I think @SUX2BU refers to the captain quality, rather than the giveashit quality.

Reactions: ps241

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yeah, I think Josh seems to have been much more of a case of the leadership of the D core leaving just before he was ready, and then his father's passing. He never seemed like he didn't care, just like he wasn't at the right level.

Though I think @SUX2BU refers to the captain quality, rather than the giveashit quality.
Couldn’t go wrong either way BUT I think Mark has at least another level to hit if not 2

Reactions: Dale53130

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You could also move Morrissey or Pionk up to play forward if your in a pinch for wingers, until injured guys get back. Morrissey would make a great forward, as he's fast, a good stickhandler, and has a very good shot. He'd be my first choice, but Pionk may work as well. You've got to think out of the box sometimes. Just remember Buff was once a winger, moved to defenseman, and worked out great.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
You could also move Morrissey or Pionk up to play forward if your in a pinch for wingers, until injured guys get back. Morrissey would make a great forward, as he's fast, a good stickhandler, and has a very good shot. He'd be my first choice, but Pionk may work as well. You've got to think out of the box sometimes. Just remember Buff was once a winger, moved to defenseman, and worked out great.
that would be a horrible idea...

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
that would be a horrible idea...
I'm not so sure about that, it just may surprise you. Josh is very fast, and can rush the puck, and do what a forward can physically. You'd just have to change your mindset. It's a funny thing, when a guy plays a certain position, many people think it's the only position he can play, but I don't think so. There are guys like Dillon and Stanley, that wouldn't be good for that. Everybody thought it was a bad idea when I suggested they move Wheeler to center last year, which the Jets did, and he did pretty good as a center iceman. You have to be creative sometimes, and we have extra defenseman, and you could also call up Declan Chisholm, who's a D man with lot's of promise imo, who could fill in for Josh, if they moved Josh to forward, which I "doubt" they would do -- but I'd give it some serious thought.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm not so sure about that, it just may surprise you. Josh is very fast, and can rush the puck, and do what a forward can physically. You'd just have to change your mindset. It's a funny thing, when a guy plays a certain position, many people think it's the only position he can play, but I don't think so. There are guys like Dillon and Stanley, that wouldn't be good for that. Everybody thought it was a bad idea when I suggested they move Wheeler to center last year, which the Jets did, and he did pretty good as a center iceman. You have to be creative sometimes, and we have extra defenseman, and you could also call up Declan Chisholm, who's a D man with lot's of promise imo, who could fill in for Josh, if they moved Josh to forward, which I "doubt" they would do -- but I'd give it some serious thought.
winger is literally the easiest position to fill in the nhl, morrissey is playing like a number 1 right now... it makes zero sense to move him or pionk to foward either find a stop gap internally or make a trade. declan chisholm fill in for morrissey? lol...

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
winger is literally the easiest position to fill in the nhl, morrissey is playing like a number 1 right now... it makes zero sense to move him or pionk to foward either find a stop gap internally or make a trade. declan chisholm fill in for morrissey? lol...
Your right about that, Josh is playing like a #1 Dman this year, and better that I've ever seen him play. I'd just saying he can do everything a forward can do, and if he was moved to forward, he'd be pretty damn good, I have no doubt. The chances of it happening are slim to none though, as they will find a filler inner at wing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Incorrect, Buff was a defenseman who moved to wing and it worked out well for Chicago in the playoffs, terribly otherwise.

No coach is going to take a defenseman from their top pairing to play forward. If anything they'd take a player like Heinola and put them in a limited bottom 6 role.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Incorrect, Buff was a defenseman who moved to wing and it worked out well for Chicago in the playoffs, terribly otherwise.

No coach is going to take a defenseman from their top pairing to play forward. If anything they'd take a player like Heinola and put them in a limited bottom 6 role.
Thanks for the correction, as I was always told that Buff played most of his career as a forward. Buff wouldn't make a good forward like Josh would, because he doesn't have the burst speed, but he could get by, whereas Josh has all the elements a forward needs.

Your quite likely right, in that they would not take Morrissey out of his defensive role that he's now playing so very well at. If it came down to a serious shortage because of injuries, this is something I'd give serious consideration too, if I was the Coach. It's easier to patch up a hole in the defense, than it is to find a good fast skating winger, that can "score." I'm sure most people would not agree with me on this. If I see Josh lining up as forward in the next 3-4 games, I would have a smile on my face. :nod:

Nov 24, 2006
Outset of what? Kurt had a few problems that interferred with his work and was let go by the Coyotes.

FWIW, I think the new guy is excellent and I prefer his work over most of the others. But then, I don't mind Sawyer so what do I know?
Robertson is excellent IMO and I don’t seem to mind Sawyer this year to be honest. He dialed down his annoying traits just a little.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I loved the 90’s it was certainly one of the best decades of my life. Professionally its when it all finally started coming together and personally and I loved the music of the 90’s. Great time for Canadian acts and the Seattle scene and honestly we still bought CD’s so bands were still launched the old fashion way. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the Spotify era but it doesn’t seem there are as many new bands working their way up in the past decade now. Could be that I am f***ing old and asleep at the wheel now.

Reactions: thereturn

abax44

Jan 22, 2005

Has he?

I loved the 90’s it was certainly one of the best decades of my life. Professionally its when it all finally started coming together and personally and I loved the music of the 90’s. Great time for Canadian acts and the Seattle scene and honestly we still bought CD’s so bands were still launched the old fashion way. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the Spotify era but it doesn’t seem there are as many new bands working their way up in the past decade now. Could be that I am f***ing old and asleep at the wheel now.
Could be that you're posting about 90's era music on a hockey board.

😉

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad