Post-Game Talk: KFC 3 Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Did Capobianco play after his fall into the boards? Looked like a play that could have caught the attention of the concussion spotters.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Kudos to the boys for persevering through a tough night - we were fighting it big time tonight, but some hard work in the second and some parts of the third was the difference maker!

Bent but didn't break, but with all of the injuries and lineup changes I'll take it!

Kyle motherF**king Connor with the 3-piece and the Ducks are done like dinner!

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Ugly game but good 2 points. The game reminded me a bit too much of last season's Jets.

Top line great. Scheifele with a monster effort. If Ehlers was healthy I wouldn't even put him on this line as 55 is already driving it. The 2nd line could really use Ehlers though.

Really good effort from the 4th line.

3rd line hit and miss.

2nd line looks awful right now. It doesn't help when PLD keeps making questionable decisions with the puck but Perfetti doesn't look great either. Wheeler is trying his best but is 36. Nice vote of confidence by Bowness playing Gus up in that line late in the 3rd.

Not a fan of Samberg/Capo's games tonight. Should be Heinola in next game if DeMelo is not ready. Capo didn't do enough to earn another look.
Some good analysis here.

I'm out of the loop with DeMelo, was he a game-time decision? If yes, I'm willing to give Capobianco the benefit of the doubt as him playing probably wasn't planned, however if no, then yeah, he needs to be better. Samberg had a growing pains type of night as he was pressured into making some poor decisions with the puck as well.

Defense as a whole wasn't great tonight though, and I can't really say that anyone played a clean game. Continues to be a work in progress.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
uAVxwyU.jpg

Nailed it.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Bout time Connor - I was starting to worry (a little)
KC and Scheif are playing really well off each other - they are in the zone.
And it's obvious they enjoy playing together - nice to see them both getting excited.

Slightly concerned with how the Jets are playing at times - but they appear to be much more self aware and are making adjustments. As the season progresses, I can see this team dialing it in for 60 minutes, ,consistently - they will be a dangerous bunch when that happens.

I like Mikey's game - nice to see him get a shot - and I have a feeling Bones likes what he brings. I hope he sticks.
The 4th line is not getting a lot of minutes but they are making the best of their time - lots of energy - and Gus is looking better every game. IMO, this line will only get better.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
To whoever that controllers the GDT thread. Someone disagreed with my take on the Ducks/Jets game. Why can I not respond?
Did I break a rule?
Please let me know why I was banned from responding in that thread, so I never make that mistake again.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
To whoever that controllers the GDT thread. Someone disagreed with my take on the Ducks/Jets game. Why can I not respond?
Did I break a rule?
Please let me know why I was banned from responding in that thread, so I never make that mistake again.
GDT is locked after the game and not available for posting once the PGT is up

It's kind of funny: tonight I had KFC for dinner and KFC had Duck for dinner.

So you are saying that you will commit to eating KFC every single Jets game day to continue the good luck?:sarcasm: You can invoice HFJets for your blood pressure and cholestrol medications ;)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
GDT is locked after the game and not available for posting once the PGT is up

So you are saying that you will commit to eating KFC every single Jets game day to continue the good luck?:sarcasm: You can invoice HFJets for your blood pressure and cholestrol medications ;)

I could, but I'm pretty sure that the Jets' tab for my medical bills could probably bail out Alex Jones :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad