Confirmed with Link: Kevin Klein Has Retired

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Sometimes, no matter how much you love the game, you just get tired of being hurt and in pain all the time.

Klein was a pro's pro: professional, dedicated, respected, and hard working. He gave us his all and made us a better team. Just a solid player who got the most out of his abilities.

We carp so much at players who underachieve. It's time to think good thought about a player who overachieved, don't you think?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Will Smith called him. They want to start shooting this fall on "Wild Wild West 2 ". He had to make a choice.

But for real now. What a great trade for the Rangers when they got him.
He was so much better than MDZ. Oh yeah, I hate the Rangers .

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I have a ton of respect for guys like this that leave $$ on the table.

Represented the jersey well on and off the ice. A very good New York Rangers player.

Good luck with the family.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sometimes, no matter how much you love the game, you just get tired of being hurt and in pain all the time.

Klein was a pro's pro: professional, dedicated, respected, and hard working. He gave us his all and made us a better team. Just a solid player who got the most out of his abilities.

We carp so much at players who underachieve. It's time to think good thought about a player who overachieved, don't you think?

Well said.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers use him in some capacity in the front office at some point. A great Rangers. Cheers, Kleiner.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If I re-call correctly, many Rangers fans wanted him gone last year in an attempt to sell high.

Guys like Klein are so easy to do that with because he had a few anomaly seasons with us that just weren't sustainable.

I loved the guy, but you need to be smart with players like that, especially when they are in major demand as RHD.

Yeah, I think it was me.....and nobody. ;)

I got attacked pretty bad for proposing Klein to be moved to make room for McIlrath by the usual crew. Gorts was new, think he would have made that move today to be honest. McI was ruined sitting in the stands a full season it was hardly a surprise we had nothing in the tank that season.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Klein was a good Ranger, sad to hear about his back

However, he should have been traded two summers ago. They really screwed the pooch with that

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I never understood how people can be so adamant that a rumor isn't true. I mean, be skeptical, sure. But the flat out denial that it was a possibility was mind-boggling to me.

Tawnos I couldn't agree more. lol I am getting old I know, but sometimes you wonder where society is heading when people can't handle reports in media without completely flaming the reporter and just deny everything that doesn't fit their agenda.

Life is life, some reports are correct some are not, some stuff is even made up (very very very little though), reporters are just like you and me, *******s at times, classy at others. Somewhere along the line people just stopped being able to coupe with that. Check any rumor posted, like 20 of the first 25 posts will be trolls going after the source lol. Like rumors in pro sports are very transparent, as long as it's not from one of those make things up sources, it's like 45% leaked by an agent or 45% leaked by a team, and the rest of the 10% fan he actual sources letting things go that the people in the know don't. So 90% of it is leaked by someone with a significant interest to affect the process, and hence the info is what it is. Often exagerattions one way or the other.

Grossman wants to stir things up with Kovalchuk, get things moving. Tells Brooks that NYR have inquired about Ilya K, which we surely have. Like it's a professional process, if you even remotely is interested in someone you make contact to see where things stands etc. Brooks report it, people that don't want Kova goes bananas. Let's go full frontal and kill this instantly seem to be the purpose. Brooks is a liar, makes things up, delusional, the worst, never knows anything, has zero sources. Who broke Kova to the KHL? Oh Brooks, who had been running Gross errands. Coincidence? Of course not, someone like RB called it right away that Grossman was feeding Brooks info. But people can't handle that, they go bananas lol.

And the extreme aggresiveity is definitely new. We didn't even remotely see that 5-10 years ago.

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
A great Ranger. But wow did his play de-Klein quickly.
DDHFWtWUIAQAyHb.jpg

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If anyone listened to his interview on the PowerPlay on XM Radio with Scott Laughlin, you'll understand why he's retiring. He was asked if he would turn to coaching, and he said he had far too many interests to do that. He's not a hockey lifer. He talked about blacksmithing and working on cars, and that the next time you see him could on "Forged in Fire" or as an extra on "The Vikings".

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If anyone listened to his interview on the PowerPlay on XM Radio with Scott Laughlin, you'll understand why he's retiring. He was asked if he would turn to coaching, and he said he had far too many interests to do that. He's not a hockey lifer. He talked about blacksmithing and working on cars, and that the next time you see him could on "Forged in Fire" or as an extra on "The Vikings".
Of course. :laugh:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I guess I wonder if this was a "I could play another season so I can't just LTIR the season away but last season messed me up bad enough that I'm worried about my long term health going through another season, so I'll just retire"

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Klein's winner in that amazing comeback game vs. the Islanders during the PT season is still a great memory.

2:30

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Rangers seem to get the most convenient retirements. Wouldn't be surprised if he all of a sudden came into some property or stocks out of nowhere from "someone"

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
just heard kk interviewed on xm radio.

he seems like such a chill dude. 12 years and he said he ke wit was time to go.

said once he hangs em up, he's done with hockey for good. lots of other interests.

much respect for kevin. good career and a good guy.

:handclap:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Could still collect a nice paycheck by going over to to the Swiss league or something. Easier schedule, less physical, and he can enjoy some time living abroad while his family is still youngish. He did play a handful of games in Denmark during the lockout.

I listened to the interview on XM again. Sounds like he's done with hockey. He said he has numerous interests to pursue and hockey isn't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad