Kent Hughes & Jeff Gorton General Discussion Thread - The Honeymoon Is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I see Pronman gave us an A+ for the type of draft day we had. Added the most talent to our team

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Will be easy to insert Roy, Farrell or any other kind of player to the existing core.

This right here is the piece most people who are mad are forgetting.

I WANTED them to draft Wright going into the draft, but I have as much confidence in Kirby rebounding than Shane being a franchise altering talent... but we ALSO got Slaf, who has a ton of potential as well.

If Slaf pans out to be even just a "very good" player - not great - not elite - not franchise defining - just very good. And Dach rebounds to be another 'very good' 2C... the Habs are a lot better off.

With their size upfront and Guhle on the backend, the Habs will be difficult to play against. This is very important when you consider the amount of smaller guys we have in the pipeline with tons of talent.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Though I like Romanov (a lot), I'm in favour of the team moving on from Russian players as I don't expect the situation in Eastern Europe to improve, quite the opposite. The next generation of Ovechkins and MalkinS are much more likely to stay in the KHL.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Relevant players going forward

C
Nick Suzuki
Kirby Dach
Owen Beck
Riley Kidney

L
Juraj Slafkovsky
Sean Farrell

R
Cole Caufield
Filip Mesar
Joshua Roy

LD
Kaiden Guhle
Jordan Harris
Lane Hutson

RD
Justin Barron
Logan Mailloux

Yea this is gonna be a long rebuild.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I would add Xhekaj to that list. Rohrer looks promising also but too early to tell.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I think people are forgetting that CC was his best as RH LW with Suzuki. Unless Slaf does better on his off side, might be better to have them on different lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It was report they denied but I have to think based on not drafting any, that the report was true.
Not to mention moving out Romanov. They probably would have taken a Russian, like Miroschnichenko, if they fell like 50 spots below where they would normally go.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

C
Nick Suzuki
Kirby Dach
Owen Beck
Riley Kidney

L
Juraj Slafkovsky
Sean Farrell

R
Cole Caufield
Filip Mesar
Joshua Roy

LD
Kaiden Guhle
Jordan Harris
Lane Hutson

RD
Justin Barron
Logan Mailloux

I'd add Xhekaj to the LD and Harris can play both LD and RD.

Could see:

Ghule - Barron
Hutson - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Harris

If everybody pans out, of course (far from certain).

Also, on LW, you should consider Heineman and Mysak, plus, on RW, you should consider Ylonen and don't forget Anderson who isn't 35, BTW..

LW:

Slafkovsky
Farrell
Heineman
Mysak

RW:

Caufield (LW?)
Anderson (LW)
Roy
Mesar
Ylonen

For now:

Anderson/Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky/Anderson - Dach - Roy
Heineman - Beck - Mesar
Farrell - Kidney - Ylonen
Mysak

Lots of offense, actually. Good mix of size, skill and speed.

The backend, even of Hutson magically becomes the next smurf super defender with an offensive magic wand, will be HUGE with;

Edmundson
Guhle
Mailloux
Barron
Xhekaj

Harris
Hutson
Fairbrother

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What I would do:

Send Slafkovsky, Mesar, Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, anybody else eligible to Laval next year.

Sign a coach focused on youth development, who is like MSL, and has the respect of the young players. Maybe even a former Slovak player like Satan or Hossa.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Honestly, right know I have lost A LOT of confidence in our management group but I will give the chance to Slaf and Dach to make me look like I fool.

But Right know Hugo is as awful as Bergevin régime if not most

Reactions: 1909

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Honestly, right know I have lost A LOT of confidence in our management group but I will give the chance to Slaf and Dach to make me look like I fool.

Come on, people who think they’re experts when they know nothing are so annoying

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

What's the reason for the lost confidence?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

We have to see the on-ice results first.

I don't like the Slafkovsky pick, I don't like trade for Dach (although I like the part of the Romanov for 13th overall part of the trade) but I can see it working as I can see it being an extremely giant flop too. But we'll have to see it first

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

C
Nick Suzuki
Kirby Dach
Owen Beck
Riley Kidney

L
Juraj Slafkovsky
Sean Farrell

R
Cole Caufield
Filip Mesar
Joshua Roy

LD
Kaiden Guhle
Jordan Harris
Lane Hutson

RD
Justin Barron
Logan Mailloux

What trades & UFAs don’t exist? I expect to see a lot more of those Dach type deals

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Come on, people who think they’re experts when they know nothing are so annoying
Yeah, I probably know nothing
We have to see the on-ice results first.

I don't like the Slafkovsky pick, I don't like trade for Dach (although I like the part of the Romanov for 13th overall part of the trade) but I can see it working as I can see it being an extremely giant flop too. But we'll have to see it first

that’s my point I will give them there chance but for know I don’t have that much confidence in Hugo (and not Slaf and Dach)

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

Jul 6, 2016

C
Nick Suzuki
Kirby Dach
Owen Beck
Riley Kidney

L
Juraj Slafkovsky
Sean Farrell

R
Cole Caufield
Filip Mesar
Joshua Roy

LD
Kaiden Guhle
Jordan Harris
Lane Hutson

RD
Justin Barron
Logan Mailloux

Roy is a left winger. Hopefully Mysak, Tuch, Kapanen and Ylonen can show more.

Last edited:

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
obviously we added the most. We had 4 picks in the top 2 rounds. Time will tell if any become legit stars in the league.
Number of picks did not factor into his rankings. It was based on what teams did at the draft with the picks they made relative to their draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad