Keith Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Ducks don't play real tight D either, though they can move the puck well once they get it. More similar to Tampa but with better puck moving D IMO

They're a lot more physical than Tampa and their defense has done a lot better than I thought they would. Very solid team with good depth everywhere.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Simon Despres really solidified that Ducks defense. What a great trade.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They're a lot more physical than Tampa and their defense has done a lot better than I thought they would. Very solid team with good depth everywhere.

I mean, I'm going off how they looked when the Rangers played them and a few other looks, I haven't had time to see them play in the playoffs. What I always saw was they play D a bit more like the Lightning and less like the Caps or Pens. That is, there's more space out there in the offensive zone than there was against the Caps or Pens, BUT their D is very good at moving the puck and contributing on offense, so it's not like they're really weak there.

But make them play in their own end and you'll certainly get chances.

Simon Despres really solidified that Ducks defense. What a great trade.

And what a dumb trade by Pittsburgh. They were already so decimated by injury why trade a promising young defenseman for a mediocre "veteran" just so you can go for a playoff run

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'm not sure about the Ducks. That's another big heavy team really similar to the Craps. But the Hawks would be better suited for him and would give us much more entertaining hockey. Although the Ducks are 17489x more entertaining to watch than the Craps.

Torn on this. Yandle has plenty of experience playing the Ducks and that's a positive. The Ducks are also slower than TB, which has given the Rangers fits.

I'd rather play the Ducks, personally.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Why is Boyle on the #1 PP and not Yandle?
I guess cuz it's working?

I'd prefer to see the better pointmen duo (Yandle/McD) with the better forward group (Brass/Kreider/Stepan) but if it ain't broke...

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Three months to "get" the AV system. Yandle is finally getting it.

Yandle is elite when he is smart is the defensive sone and uses his brain! That lets him spend more time in the offensive sone and when he gets to do that he is really good at the offensive blue line! We have seen it a couple times before in the reg season but he really showed it in game 4! Thats what we need from him! Smart choices with the puck in the defensive and neutral sone lets him spend more time in the offensive sone so he can use his vision, passing and shot to create chances offensivly! Great to see him stepping up the way he did!

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Honestly I think the real question is why do we have a lefty shot forward on the point on the first PP when we can play Yandle there.

Because Brass has the best slapper in our lineup! And Boyle(i know he is right handed) is on the point aswell since he has the second best shot from the point. Yandle and Mcdonagh both have pretty good shots from the point but no one is close to Brass. Yandle is great at throwing the puck on the net at the right time tho! MSL shouldnt get close to the point on the pp! If he is on pp he has to be down low on the right side, stay away from the point! I get a heart attack everytime he comes close to the point on the pp!

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Sometimes the transition is not easy in the middle of the season, but Yandle is huge in this sort of series. But I hope we play more controlled game

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyote fan checking in. Very happy to see Yands stepping it up, certainly plays better against finesse teams.

A word of caution and as you probably know, he is a HIGHLY inconsistent player. After a couple of good games, he'll tend to take more risks as his confidence rises, which can be very problematic at times.

Good luck!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Because Brass has the best slapper in our lineup! And Boyle(i know he is right handed) is on the point aswell since he has the second best shot from the point. Yandle and Mcdonagh both have pretty good shots from the point but no one is close to Brass. Yandle is great at throwing the puck on the net at the right time tho! MSL shouldnt get close to the point on the pp! If he is on pp he has to be down low on the right side, stay away from the point! I get a heart attack everytime he comes close to the point on the pp!

It's not easy to have a slap shot that's accurate as his is. It's amazing. Old school stuff. I love it.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Coyote fan checking in. Very happy to see Yands stepping it up, certainly plays better against finesse teams.

A word of caution and as you probably know, he is a HIGHLY inconsistent player. After a couple of good games, he'll tend to take more risks as his confidence rises, which can be very problematic at times.

Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah, we know. LOL!!

TurgePurge*

If you didn't have carte blanche to dislike Yandle before, you do now. Official as of 5/24/15. What an egregious turnover. Holy moly.

TurgePurge*

I need a gif of yandle looking one way while kucherov is behind him trying to jam it in.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The truth is we did not lose because of Yandle. The offensive ineptitude of this team is baffling. They are just positionally stupid. There's a guy battling behind the net with 3 guys and no one else is moving around they are just standing still. I want to just shoot myself.

TurgePurge*

The truth is we did not lose because of Yandle. The offensive ineptitude of this team is baffling. They are just positionally stupid. There's a guy battling behind the net with 3 guys and no one else is moving around they are just standing still. I want to just shoot myself.

Going into an elimination game, you know what makes me sleep easier at night? Keith ****ing Yandle! said nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad