Keith Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
These are the series we got him for. Against high skilled teams like Tampa, Hawks etc etc. He's showing he was well worth the gamble.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Yandle needs to get it in his head that good things happen when he shoots the puck. He's got one of the most accurate shots on the team. I hope he keeps this up.

Babin

Jan 8, 2013
Yandle is the team leader in +/-, Sweet irony...

Also he is now at 9pts playing only 17 minutes a game, he was used to play 23-24 minutes / game in AZ.

Im ok with the fact that he play less here but, especially now, there is absolutly no reason for him to not have the most minutes on the PP every game.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He really really needs to be on the unit that starts the powerplay. His passing ability from the point is so much better than anyone else we have. I'd probably use him the whole powerplay (Excluding when he was out the shift that drew the penalty of course) and rotate the other point-man between Boyle/McD

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I feel like if Yandle fires the puck at the net, stuff happens. I hope he can do more of that so Nash can crash and bury chances more often

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Yandle is great when he does things on instinct in the O zone. He gets into trouble, like the rest of the team when they start deliberating what to do with the puck. Also as smooth as he is in the O zone, when he tries to be too smooth in the D zone things turn ugly quick. Just move the puck quick mang...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yandle was always going to step up against Tampa because of the way they play. Caps are different, they don't give you any space. Pens were the same.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yandle is the team leader in +/-, Sweet irony...

Also he is now at 9pts playing only 17 minutes a game, he was used to play 23-24 minutes / game in AZ.

Im ok with the fact that he play less here but, especially now, there is absolutly no reason for him to not have the most minutes on the PP every game.

He should playing a lot more IMO. The lack of minutes are holding him back.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I love Yandle. His type of D-Man just sit well with me. He needs cover from his partner, yes, but when he's on his game we look so much more dangerous. I liked the trade when it happened and if he keeps this up I'll like it even more.

Also, he has looked better defensively and what was said about him when the Rangers acquired him.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hard to come around after being an unabashed Yandle stan when he was getting beat up in Washington.

He's been great this series. If we win, i think he'll shine against CHI or ANA (as long as he's shielded from Getzlaf and Perry).

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Yandle has been our best D man AINEC

He is starting to show how good he can be in the offensive sone! Thats great but he he mediocre at best in the defensive sone, makes so many weird plays with the puck defensivly! But he has been pretty solid! Dan Boyle has been our best d man imo, been really solid defensvly and makes many important plays on the offensive blueline! A couple mistakes from time to time but he has stepped up big time compared to reg season. Staal has been our worst defensemen in the playoffs, he is way to sloppy with the puck in the defensive sone, uses so much time to handle the puck instead of making the quick breakout pass etc.
Mcdonagh and girardi have been decent, havent really been that noticable...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How about the stretch pass to Miller? Yandle is really good, these boards are very up-and-down after a win or a loss.

Exactly the same as the Coyotes board. Most fans think they know hockey, but in all honestly, their knowledge just touches the surface. You have to give Yandle ice time, let him do his creative thing, and he will surprise you how good he is. HE IS A WINNER:nod:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yandle could use a McIlrath type partner. Saying that it might take a couple months of pretty ugly play from that kind of pairing before they gel into something that could actually work. It's pretty much the Beukeboom--Leetch scenario. One guy stays back while the other creates offense and when opponents tee off on Yandle--McIlrath moves in and kicks their ass. Personally I think Yandle could excel in that kind of situation. It could help McIlrath out a lot as well.

TurgePurge*

Yandle could use a McIlrath type partner. Saying that it might take a couple months of pretty ugly play from that kind of pairing before they gel into something that could actually work. It's pretty much the Beukeboom--Leetch scenario. One guy stays back while the other creates offense and when opponents tee off on Yandle--McIlrath moves in and kicks their ass. Personally I think Yandle could excel in that kind of situation. It could help McIlrath out a lot as well.

If you tried to come up with a more frightening scenario, I don't think it could be done.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I said at the end of the Washington series that playing Tampa was going to favor his play style and it certainly has thus far. The extra room out there has been huge for Yandle. This is the kind of series that makes that trade 100% worth it. I think if they make it to the Final whether it's the Ducks or Hawks he will continue to pay dividends.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I said at the end of the Washington series that playing Tampa was going to favor his play style and it certainly has thus far. The extra room out there has been huge for Yandle. This is the kind of series that makes that trade 100% worth it. I think if they make it to the Final whether it's the Ducks or Hawks he will continue to pay dividends.

I'm not sure about the Ducks. That's another big heavy team really similar to the Craps. But the Hawks would be better suited for him and would give us much more entertaining hockey. Although the Ducks are 17489x more entertaining to watch than the Craps.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I unfortunately couldn't watch the last two games in full, but hearing really good things about his play. Great great news, and about ****ing time. Really can't understate how huge it would be to get this mans going.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'm not sure about the Ducks. That's another big heavy team really similar to the Craps. But the Hawks would be better suited for him and would give us much more entertaining hockey. Although the Ducks are 17489x more entertaining to watch than the Craps.

Ducks don't play real tight D either, though they can move the puck well once they get it. More similar to Tampa but with better puck moving D IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad