Proposal: Karlsson to EDM for futures (no Drai/Klef/Larsson/RNH)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Only on HF do people think that teams should be dying to trade a dollar for a handful of nickels . Not enough value? Here's another 2nd/C prospect :help:

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Only on HF do people think that teams should be dying to trade a dollar for a handful of nickels . Not enough value? Here's another 2nd/C prospect :help:

The only dollar for dollar trade would be for a Matthews, McDavid, Crosby or Hedman and we all know that's not happening so it's going to have to be quantity for quality. The package the OP proposed is not nickels on the dollar btw.

Sens fans aren't dying to trade Karlsson but the reality of the situation is that he might not want to resign there so they will have to trade him and the return is going to be a lot lower than most expect. You're not going to win a trade when you're giving up Karlsson, you're trying to mitigate the damage.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think we'd be adding at least 2 considerable pieces. Sens fans can't really play the "McDavid or GTFO" anymore, but I think the add would have to be Puljujarvi + Bear to Drai just to get them to listen. I'd do that as an Oil fan. Still not sure Sens fans would.
How about Draisatl, Nurse and 2018 1st? I'm a neutral (Blues) fan with no stake, but I think the deal would help both teams.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
but the reality of the situation is that he might not want to resign there so they will have to trade him

I don't know how many times, Karlsson himself needs to say he wants to stay in Ottawa...

Erik Karlsson talks free agency: 'I'm going to get what I'm worth' - Sportsnet.ca
“I like it here, I’m comfortable here, I’ve been here my whole career,” Karlsson said. “It’s something that I invested all my time in and something I would like to see all the way through"

Karlsson: ”Dumt sagt av mig”
I want to stay in Ottawa, it's my home and my first priority

Senators' Erik Karlsson: I want to win in Ottawa - Sportsnet.ca
I love it here in Ottawa, it’s never, ever crossed my mind that I ever want to leave here or go somewhere else. That’s not something I’ve ever considered

Last edited:

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
How about Draisatl, Nurse and 2018 1st? I'm a neutral (Blues) fan with no stake, but I think the deal would help both teams.

If Karlsson is willing to sign an extension at a reasonable cap hit I'd give Draisaitl and Klefbom

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oilers couldnt and wouldnt offer that much futures for what? 120 games of Erik Karlsson?

Resigned to a fair deal I might agree with you.
It's not like Chia hasn't made worse trades

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Oilers, panthers and jets could offer up the pieces the sens would want if they were looking to rebuild I think.

I'd do Drai, and klefbom or larsson maybe a plus if necessary if a contract deal was in place, and Karlsson was an oiler for quite a long time. If not wait until the offseason maybe.

Hope the sens can be competitive with him of course but the thought of him and McDavid on the same team? :eek:

TLDR; a couple of those pieces are going for Karlsson with a contingency deal in place for this summer. If not, g'day m8.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, "We want Karlsson but we won't give up anything of actual value that would require you to give up for a player like him."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The worst trade he has made as an oiler exec is half as bad as the one Treliving got squashed with by snow from the Oilers jacking the price up for Hamonic.

Lesson: nuke snow. Erm I mean delete his digits. :eek:

Lol, Reinhart for Barzal is hilariously bad. And then the encore of Eberle for Strome, lol...Snow just jobbed Chia twice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember when the trade happened I was at the McDavid draft party at rexall, was grossed out immediately. Lmao.

Glad barzal is doing amazing though.

Yeah, considering he's exactly what the Oilers could use right now, secondary scoring. It looks just bad right now, give it the rest of the season for it to look atrocious.

But yeah, you couldn't get Karlsson without giving up someone on that list, namely Draisaitl/Klef +

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The worst trade he has made as an oiler exec is half as bad as the one Treliving got squashed with by snow from the Oilers jacking the price up for Hamonic.

Lesson: nuke snow. Erm I mean delete his digits. :eek:
His resume is more than just in Edmonton though. The Seguin deal worse than that proposed and I'm not so sure you are right about Reinhart, I think that deal was worse than the one proposed.

Also the Flames have nothing to do with this thread, so there is no reason for you to bring them up other than blatant baiting.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I am sure the Send fans won't like the value but as an Oiler fan I wouldn't make the OP trade . It guts the team of anything that could help team in the future

Reactions: Dan Kelly

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol, "We want Karlsson but we won't give up anything of actual value that would require you to give up for a player like him."

Karlsson is unsigned and can walk what do you expect teams to give up ? Duchene hasn't worked out well there , so if you were offer JT from the Islanders and were unsure if he would resign would you gut your team to acquire him ?

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Karlsson is unsigned and can walk what do you expect teams to give up ? Duchene hasn't worked out well there , so if you were offer JT from the Islanders and were unsure if he would resign would you gut your team to acquire him ?
Karlsson has one more year. So if he's dealt this year then the new team has the rest of the year to wow him and offer him a contract.

That isn't going to come cheap no matter what.

And you can't compare Duchene to Karlsson. One is a decent nhl top 6 center/winger. The other is one of the most elite defensemen to play the game since Lidstrom.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

No team is going to give up the pieces for Karlsson without first having spoken to him and his agent to have worked out at least the framework of a new deal and getting some sort of verbal commitment that he's good with re-signing there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad